“Fantastic food, service and ambiance!!”
Review of Cafe Claro

Cafe Claro
Ranked #8 of 141 Restaurants in Cabarete
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe Claro is the local's secret find for fresh and friendly breakfast and lunch dishes served with a smile. All orders are made from scratch with homemade love. All fruit juices are made in-house. Vegetarian friendly. Kid friendly with all the arts and crafts to keep them busy for a full meal. Signature meals and signature drinks. World famous Banana Almond Pancakes with Rum Maple Syrup. Handcrafted gazpacho, wraps, salads and sandwiches. Only a few steps from Cabarete Center and the Beach. 8am to 2pm Tuesday through Sunday. Reservations recommended especially on Sundays.
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

If you want the best breakfast in Cabarete, you must come here! There were 4 of us, we each had a different breakfast and all of them were outstanding!! The service was great and the coffee was hot and delicious. They spare nothing and everything is fresh.

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

This is my go to spot everyday for breakfast. Super friendly attentive service to with many interesting choices on the menu. Everything on the menu is outstanding. The only negative I can see is they are closed on Tuesdays which is just me being selfish. They have excellent smoothies, their pancakes are awesome especially the banana, coconut, & almond pancakes. Superb coffee, fresh coconut water, & so many options to choose from.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

We visited Cafe Claro many times during our two month stay in Cabarete. It is our favorite breakfast spot. The good is tasty, healthy, and provides options for vegetarians, vegans and gluten-free. The service is incredible, with the owner Sandy taking the time to learn each guests name and preferences. Her staff is attentive and friendly. The restaurant is also eco-friendly, which I especially appreciate in an area where it’s uncommon and very much needed.

We were in town for our wedding, and brought 50 friends and family down with us. Many dined at Claro at least once (and some many times!) and all loved it. Sandy made my family feel special, welcome, and well-fed.

We also asked Cafe Claro to cater a brunch for us after the wedding. They exceeded expectations and were totally reasonable on price. Sandy was incredible through out our visit, both at her restaurant and when catering. Best decision we made!

Highly recommend her restaurant for breakfast, and her catering too!

The photos attached are the spread for our catered brunch, and the fruit plate she put together for the bridal party as we were getting ready for the big day

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I'm very critical of it. I've been disappointed in Sosua and Cabarete both until now. We've looked for Claro before but didn't find it until yesterday and I'm so glad we did. The coffee was good and flavorful. My pancakes were like I'd find in the states and the syrup was excellent, no Aunt Jemima here. There was a bowl of fresh fruit provided with homemade granola. Our bread was fresh and not store bought. My wife's eggs were poached to perfection while mine were fried just right. Claro is outdoor seating in a garden atmosphere that's covered so you stay dry in the rain. On top of this is warm friendly service, we love it there.

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Cafe Claro is just a short walk from the Playa Ventosa condos we are staying at. This place is tucked away right off the main road collocated with the hotel Casa Blanca. Awesome breakfast choices with out of this world passion fruit juice and good coffee. My wife had the Huveos Rancheros and I had the fruit, yogurt, and granola bowl. Both were excellent! Sandy, the owner, is friendly and attentive. Gonna try something new shortly as we are headed back for round two this AM.