“Nice quiet place”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Alegria
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Cabarete
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Close to everything but far from road noise
Can access the beach directly or via a shortcut to the beach restaurants to the west.
Supermarket just up the road with an ATM or a Scotiabank ATM a wee bit to the west. Restaurant onsite & more just behind the hotel.

Nice jaccuzi on top of the hotel, good morning coffee spot overlooking the buildings, trees to the beach.
Very nice staff & friendly pets
Decent WiFi speeds

Cabarete has a nice vibe to it...not a resort, it's a community

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank shredder007
There are newer reviews for Hotel Alegria

Reviewed 29 June 2010

My wife and I just got back from Cabarete and we had a great time. Staying at Hotel Alegria was definitely one of the reasons. The rooms offer more than enough space and have cabled TV along with a patio. But it was definitely the service that made our stay so memorable. Mike, the maintainer, is super cool and the staff follows his lead. They get you what you want when you want it and they make you feel like nothing is a big deal-perfect attitude. If you go to Cabarete this is the only place you should stay-plus it's conveinently located feet away from a supermarket and Ocean Sands Casino.
As far as thing to do, please go Horseback riding at Rancho Pinto- another family owned business, Yvo and Morena, who set out to show you the best time. We trekked on horses through the woods down to a 60 ft. or so waterfall and then went for a swim and a facial scrub. It was so much fun, yet a little bit adventurous as this was our first time riding horses.

Also hit up Ziplining-it's not as scary as it looks once you're in the air- We did with Yusika company and they were pretty nice and more affordable than the competitors.
As fas as cheap eats hit up restaurante Pallarrada Luis-the food is delisiously bbq'd and the side dishes rock. Anyway please go to cabarete and say hi to Cheap,cheap funnny,funny Peter- he hooked us up on some good souveiners.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Our 10 day trip to Cabarete was fantastic thanks to the folks at Hotel Alegria. Upscale rooms and a great patio restaurant provide an excellent environment for after hours.

We went for the Kiteboarding and had many productive lessons with their staff instructor. My skills improved a lot on this trip and I’m looking forward a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Had a blast,

the owners cool!, say hi to kia the white husky

The staff is super nice, hustled to get me what ever I needed

The crew at the bar/restaurant always had a cold beer waiting for me 
Food was great, im now a big fan of potato pancakes

Joe Seppe the owner of the kite school (water passion) was great, thanks for the kite lessons!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2010

After spending a couple of days on kite beach near Cabarete, I got tired of constantly blowing strong wind, which is a dominant part of the weather on this side of the beach.

Then bingo! Found this perfect place in Cabarete. About 50 m (150 feet) off the beach, surrounded by palm trees, which shelter sufficiently from the wind, is a cozy place called Alegria.
Just several rooms facility is quiet enough to rest, even though, town is nearby, just walking distance to supermarkets, banks or restaurants. Perfect hideout with all you need!
I probably stayed in their best room, #33, with ocean view balcony, AC, comfty bed, etc... for a reasonable price of 55 bucks a night, think, if you don't use AC, is $45.
With the hotel owner, Mike, cool and friendly, and his friends: Peter and Giuseppe (Italian kite surfing instructor) we did trip to nearby cave (you can swim in it!) or deserted beaches and I was never asked to pay for it (!).

Alegria has a very pleasant bar/restaurant atmosphere. Their friendly staff, including the owner Mauricio, cook Mirek and bartender Pavel did make me feel like I'm their good old friend even before I had my first mojito there :^) Those guys really cook, just ask for a traditional Czech potato pancakes!

Giuseppe was friendly convincing enough for me to do kite surfing course to pump a bit of adrenaline, just resting was not enough for me, I suppose. After few cuts, bruises and full of sand, it was again nice to go back to my room for a hot shower, and then talk about it over a drink at the bar :^)

Mike, you need to change that toilet seat in my room, which still has remnants of wall paint on it, ha, ha, that's the only suggestion for the improvement of your paradise.

Overall, fantastic gateway! If I go back, that would be my place to stay again and perhaps continue also with my kiting adventure...well, will see about that one :^)

Thanks for a great time and good luck to y'all!!!
Voitek Asztabski from Dallas, TX

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Even though this is a late review, had to write this based on actual experience. As one reviewer said, we also had a dingy room. The small kitchenett had damaged, worn teflon pans, corroded coffee maker and fungal growth on the cutting board. One sauce pan was good enough to boil water in. The bed's mattress sank in the middle so if you wanted to see TV (located on the wall), both of us would collide together. Sometimes after a serious rainfall, the bathroom water would run light brown/rust in color. At night across from our bldg, a loud gang of young men rooming in Alegria made some of our nights miserable with 2-3:00am drunken conversations. Maid service was reliable & friendly, but the owner was not exactly a welcoming, warm person. If I was the owner, I would make sure that every room had clean, workable utensils/pots & pans, and not wait till a complaint was issued.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank global087
AlegriaOwner, Owner at Hotel Alegria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2010

We welcome feedback from guests that can help us maintain quality service. But it is hard for us to understand what would prompt a genuine reviewer with legitimate complaints to say nothing to staff while staying at the hotel and then wait a year after their stay before posting their one and only Tripadvisor review.

Reviewed 20 February 2010

We stayed for a week in Feb and had a lovely time. The owners are friendly and the hotel is stumbling distance from the beach.

Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabarete
0.8 km away
1.2 km away
Millennium Resort & Spa
Millennium Resort & Spa
#3 of 22 in Cabarete

Been to Hotel Alegria? Share your experiences!