This resort was quite lovely. The building and grounds were immaculate. The beach was wide and sweeping; plenty of free lounge chairs. Some vendors selling stuff on the beach; but not bothersome. The pool was gorgeous and all the restaurants were lovely. The food and the selection were great. (I’ve been to Dreams and Club Med and definitely the food was equivalent). I was with my daughter, and as always traveling to a developing country, I was concerned about safety. The resort is gated and I felt it was perfectly suited for children. I always felt quite secure. It was a real mix of families, couples, etc.
This resort was quite inexpensive, considering it was all-inclusive and especially compared to Punta Cana. It was less than a half-hour from the airport in Santo Domingo. A LOT easier to get to than Punta Cana. There were plenty of activities and excursions available. We went to Santo Domingo, whale watching in Samana (about 2 ½ hours away and HIGHLY recommended Jan-Mar) and also scuba diving from the resort (great instructor on site). The excursions were reasonably priced. The resort had free snorkeling, kayaks, wind sailing. Casino and three a-la-carte restaurants (Mexican Dominican and Italian) in addition to a wonderful buffet every day.
We found there were a lot more Europeans than Americans at the resort; which was great.
The rooms were okay; nothing great; nothing horrible. The only thing that would bother a higher end customer is there was very little water pressure (which is typical of this area).
For someone on a budget, who wants easy access to the very historic Santo Domingo and the airport, this is a great option. This was definitely a gorgeous beach resort; perfect for young couples, older couples, families who don’t want to spend $400 night and/or travel all the way to Punta Cana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the warm ocean waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a limitless family-oriented vacation experience. There are fun-filled activities under the sun for all. Our activities program includes water sports and one of the best white sand and boundless turquoise water beaches. Savor an outburst of flavors with a signature Caribbean flavor. These are just some of the ways in which you will keep busy during your stay at Coral Costa Caribe. The warmth of our staff is best expressed by the careful attention given to every small detail. Cradle yourself in the midst of its lush vegetation covered by impeccable tropical gardens surrounded by tropical flowers and trees. Seek refuge in one of our comfortable guest rooms; the heart and soul of the destination is embodied in its decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa And Casino
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel Juan Dolio
- Hilton International Juan Dolio
- Costa Caribe Coral Hilton
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Juan Dolio