Review Highlights
What a way to start our trip to India

Started our recent trip to India here and was not disappointed Resort excellent staff so polite... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
760brettm
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
amazing,great,awesome,peaceful

nice and clean beach,i enjoyed verywell at the mararibeach sunset was awesome .wonderful experience... read more

Reviewed October 31, 2018
samuel9105
Mararikulam, India

All reviews soft sand local fishermen hustle bustle clams palm trees big waves life guards sea sunset kerala dolphins fishermans nets homestays stroll bikini shore
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

One of the cleanest beaches in Kerala. It is surely a welcome treat for tourists and visitors who miss the pure beach shores. I went there last year with my family. We drove all the way from kochi to mararikulam in alleppey which took almost a 2.5 hr journey. We reached there by afternoon which is not a good time to stroll around the beach. Nonetheless, beating the heat, we rushed towards the water. Make sure you ensure safety measures while going for a swim as the tide can sometimes prove dangerous. By evening, if you are lucky enough you can also get to buy fresh prawns, crabs and fishes from the local fishermen coming straight out if the blue waters.
There are a couple of toddy shops near by(kallu shaap) where you can relish the natural alcohol of kerala known as kallu. These local shops offer you a wide variety of seafood options in their menu. Try out cuppa(tapioca) and fish curry along with porotta and beef curry. Trust me you'll fall in love with the cuisines.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

The beach is clean.
I did not see any lifeguards, which probably means it's safe to get down into the water. My hunch was proved right when I noticed two French tourists having a dip in the ocean.
Sun-worshippers can hire outdoor umbrellas and chairs for a nominal sum. By and large the beach is devoid of the usual trinket sellers and hangers-on and nobody pesters you. Fresh fish is sometimes available at the nets that the fishermen haul in.
If you love fish and like to cook them fresh this is a good way to get them.
The summer is very hot, carry adequate clothing when walking on the beach under the hot sun.
Pets are allowed on the beach. My dogs had a rollicking time playing 'fetch'. I plan to make a visit again as soon as possible.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 9, 2018

Beach is nice once you get past the entrance. Weekends do get busy with the locals but during the week it is quiet. The sea is rough and you have to be careful as I didn't see any life guards.

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

The best points are the expanse of soft sand and the magical sunsets out at sea. But the water's edge rapidly slopes down and in February whilst the sea was very warm like a bath the strong current and big waves made access difficult. Not really for children and weak swimmers.

The beach is public and vast. Great for dawn and sunset walks. We didn't see many people there and only a few were swimming. Some hotels have a lifeguard on duty but don't bank on it.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Lovely sandy beach good choice of food shacks with lovely owners. Beware the sea can.be a bit rough and a shame about the rubbish that people just leave.