“Julie Magee”

The Ashcott
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ashcott
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A unique dining experience in the village of Ashcott in Somerset (nr Street). Set on the main road of the A39 with ample parking lies The Ashcott. Food is served in the comfortable surroundings of the restaurant or in the lush gardens surrounding (weather prevailing!) We pride ourselves on using fresh and local produce where possible with daily lunch and evening specials being produced to accompany our delicious core menu.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow what an amazing meal I had for my birthday prompt service great food friendly staff made my birthday really special a big thank you to Dave and Amber and to my bestie Adele who shared it with me x

alphabettree, Owner at The Ashcott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We’re glad you enjoyed your birthday meal Julie, see you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just popped in for quick snack lunch at the commencement of my 70th birthday celebration weekend. Only had starters of creamed mushrooms and mainated pork. Superb! All we wanted. Good service with a smile. Thankyou.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We called in after a trip to clarks village, fantastic sunday lunch, high quailty food and reasonably priced. Would recommend it highly to anyone in the area.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Sunday lunch roast - reasonable food and service. Meat was of the thin, maybe pre purchased variety but was ok.

Ambience average .

Would not return though

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner with my wife and sister whilst visiting the latter. We all had some lovely food off the ‘Specials’ menu. The barbecued half-chicken was beautifully spiced and cooked to retain its succulence, served with a home-made slaw and very nice chips. The duck was perfectly cooked, a little pink, served with dauphinois potatoes and a selection of green vegetables. I finished with the treacle’s and ginger tart with homemade lemon curd; delicious. There were just one or two things that have prevented a full five stars. The table was very sticky and when we pointed this out the waiter agreed and said there was nothing he could do to remedy it. A tablecloth perhaps??!! And we had to ask a couple of times for water and dessert menus. But apart from a few rough edges this place is good for some high end pub grub with friendly staff.