All reviews kayak trip launching hartley delta camping fishing dock
Reviewed July 8, 2015

Fishing partner and I decided to venture into new Ontario waters #French River (bass, walleye & pike fishing). We found Hartley Bay Marina cottages. And yes this marina has valet parking. You unload and they take your vehicles! That was a big seller for me.
The initial contact before arrival with owners James and Margaret Palmer was positive and informative. I did call a few times to ask about fishing updates and they had no issues answering all my questions. Booking the cottage was seamless. No hassle no issues. We reached Hartley Bay from Toronto in about 3.75 hours. Check in was seamless! We stayed in cottage #1. The accommodations fit the budget we needed for a weekend fishing getaway. Kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms were in good shape (CLEAN). The kitchen was well equipped for cooking and serving meals for a large family. The bathroom and showers were updated and modern. There was no surprises living in the shower. It was well maintained and the hot water was working well!
If your a planning a family outing to the French River I am sure Hartley Bay will be able to find whatever your desire. Camping, Fishing, Canoe / Kayak, Guided Tours, Boat Rentals. Give Hartley Bay Marina and chance. I am sure you will not regret the trip.

Room tip: All rooms are nice. The marina is steps away from all cottages.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
HartleyBayMarina, Manager at Hartley Bay Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Thanks Cali!! You guys were a pleasure to host!! Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed May 18, 2015

We used Hartley Bay Marina as our start and end points for a four day lowe French River canoe trip over the 2015 May long weekend. The staff were superb. Very friendly people showed yus where to park while w unloaded our gear and then took our car and parked it for us. The docks are welll maintained with ample room for power boats as well as canoes. When we our trip, we were greeted instantly by one of the staff who took our chit and returned in a few minutes with our car. He even backed it down the steep ramp to make it easier for us to leave facng the right way. Considering there is no immediate competition and the fact this wasca busy weekend, the service was second to none.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 634bryanb
HartleyBayMarina, Manager at Hartley Bay Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2015

Thank you for your excellent review and for using our Marina as your launching point for your May long weekend vacation. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our customers and it is nice to be complemented.

Reviewed May 11, 2015 via mobile

I've been to a few marinas in my time and I'd have to say that Hartley Bay Marina is by far the best service you'll find to launch your boat on the French River. Fast, friendly and they have all the information you need to know about the French River

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2015

Where to start! This trip was absolutely amazing! This was our first Canoe trip on the French river. We lucked out as it was just us and our guide! It was nice for both my partner and myself as it allowed us to have some us time as well as to experience something we both enjoy immensely. Our guide was so full of knowledge that there wasn't a question he couldn't answer. He showed us so much and allowed time for us to take in everything. The day there we got to canoe a little further than planned and found a beautiful and remote spot to camp for the night on the edge of a small rock setting. Watching the sunset from here was breath taking. Both myself and partner live and work in the GTA so this to us just made us feel like we were both finally back where we belonged. Every day after this was a great experience we never once had any issues. The food that our guide packed and prepared each day was perfect for our trip. His wife even made some home made goodies that really hit the spot when we needed a snack. We got to portage a couple times as well. We got to see the rapids and enjoy nature. I am not going to lie the bugs suck however you get the whole package or nothing. Just bring bug spray! The mosquitos are very persistent on wanting their dinner. We saw a bunch of wild life and I got to take some amazing photo's! We are looking forward to going back again this summer and exploring another section!

Room tip: This truly is an amazing experience for those who like nature
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miechele
HartleyBayMarina, Manager at Hartley Bay Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2015

We are glad to hear that you guys had a great time on your guided canoe vacations with Outervision Adventure tours!! Thanks for the review!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

this was my 4th french river excursion but the first time i had launched a kayak trip from the French River to Georgian bay using Hartley Marina as the launch site.
Clean, efficient and very helpful staff assisted the two of us, help us on the navigation, parked our cars and made us feel very comfortable. The staff was courteous and very helpful. It is also a couple of hours closer than parking at highway 69 and hence 3 to 4 hours closer to georgian bay.
I will definitely use Hartley Bay again on my next snippet!

Date of stay: July 2014