“Beautiful Hotel and a wonderful Location”

Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My Wife and I stayed for 14 Nights at the Dusit Beach Resort in Krabi in early September. This has to be one of the nicest Hotels , in which Ii have ever stayed. Booked a Club Room , but paid for a discounted upgrade to a Club Suite. What a superb Room. Clean , spacious and very comfortable. Slept extremely well every night. The Hotel is set in magnificent large grounds with a large Beach area. The whole place is immaculate and maintained in a pristine manner.
Service throughout the Hotel Resort is friendly , efficient and professional.
Hotel Facilities are varied and impressive. My Wife and I spent most of the time chilling-out near to the Beach in the vicinity of the Melati Pool and Restaurant. Plenty of Sunbeds ensured a very comfortable and relaxing time.
The Beach is clean and very well-maintained. Lovely views and a clear Sea.
We spent time in the Club Lounge. Thanks here to the excellent Staff ( mainly Ladies ) , who promptly served my Evening Drinks every day. This was much appreciated. Very nice Snacks both throughout the day and in the evening.
Eating at the Hotel and surrounding local Restaurants was a joy. I will review local Restaurants separately. We tried all the Hotel Restaurants and Bars several times. All were very good and reasonably priced. Particular credit must go to Limoncello - Great Italian Food. Thanks here to Sky for his helpful and friendly Service. Loved the Cocovida Bar and I was disappointed that it was closed for seasonal maintenance after about a week of our stay. Only Food criticism , is that my Wife is a Vegetarian and the Menu's in the Resort Restaurants were not always sympathetic to this.
Impressed finally with the Staff from Guest Relations , who , in keeping with the Resort , were friendly and very helpful.
We loved this Hotel. We had a great two weeks and we would certainly return. I can only highly recommend.

Room Tip: I would certainly recommend staying in a Club Room. If finances could afford a Suite , then you will...
7  Thank BROMLEYKENT90
Urs L, General Manager at Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear "BROMLEYKENT90",

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience about your stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed the team and service at our Dusit Krabi. I can ensure you that all or associates will appreciate your feedback too. I hope you had a pleasant journey back home and we we are all looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards from Klong Muang Beach,

Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort - the ultimate beach escape in Krabi!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Overall stay was pleasant and I’m impressed with the great hospitality the hotel provided during my stay. A special thanks to Bebei from the club lounge.
- The hotel is situated in a nice natural environment.
- The private beach is very clean with calm waves which were good for swimming.
- the hotel is located well with nice restaurants and mini supermarkets within a stones throw
- concierge is always friendly, smiley and speedy in picking guests up.

A little feedback will make the hotel even better :
- the rooms need a bit refurbishment
- the breakfast place need expansion because is was too crowded and need more staff

Overall the Team at the hotel was one of the friendliest I’ve experienced with fantastic hospitality and a nice private beach.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Urs L, General Manager at Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear "TAN3883",

Thank you very much for visiting our Dusit Krabi and your "fantastic" feedback! Thank you also for your valuable comments regarding our rooms and your breakfast experience.

I am very happy to read that Khun Bebei made a difference and I can ensure you that we will recognize her accordingly.

We all hope you will return to us in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Dusit from 30th sept - 9th October.
We opted for the club deluxe room where we had partial views of the sea and the beautiful gardens.
With the club room we had access to the club lounge which was a really nice. You have the option of popping in for breakfast, all day snacks and unlimited drinks.
This was a great option when we didn’t want to leave the hotel for lunch.

We ate at the hotel twice (outside of the club lounge) for lunch and had room service once. We had burgers and wraps so I can’t comment on the actual resturant food. The food we had was nice but on the expensive side if you compare it to the restaurants outside of the hotel.

The staff here are so friendly and polite and nothing was too much for them. I told the lady in the club lounge that it was my wedding anniversary . My husband and I went to Phuket for the night and when we came back we had a beautiful arrangement on our bed which was a really lovely touch.

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and kept immaculate, it is just a really nice peaceful hotel.
It is about 15 minutes drive from Ao Nang and a bit longer to Krabi Town however that didn’t bother us.

It is a lovely hotel and I would come again without hesitation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear "Simonne D",

Thank you so much for visiting Dusit Krabi and for sharing your kind feedback with other travelers. I am thrilled to read that you recommend us and would visit us again without hesitation.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife went on a journey in Thailand, from Chiang Mai to Phuket to Phi Phi Islands and then, finally to Krabi for 3 nights. We've been at the best hotels anywhere, but when we arrived to Dusit Thani hotel, We amazed by the quality - first, when we entered our room, a very high quality champagne in ice (sparkling white wine) was waiting for us, and flowers everywhere in the best room there is. Then, when we lay on the bed...... I think its the best bed and pillows there is on the planet the pools are astonishing, with amazing views and landscape, the gardens in the hotel is breath taking, we felt the big investment that came from the stuff workers. Krabi best experience. Thank you! (wrote by Lidor Shwartz)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lidors596

Dear "lidors596",

Thank you so much for visiting our Dusit Krabi and your kind and positive feedback! I am very glad to read that you stay was wonderful, especially during such a special occasion.

We all hope you will visit us again - for an wedding anniversary maybe?

Reviewed 5 October 2017

WOW and Thank You to the Dusit Thani Team are the first 2 things that come to our mind. Previously we had been regular guests when it was formally the Sheraton but this was our first time back under the Dust Thani brand and we never thought our experiences here would get better but they do!

It was so wonderful to see many of the staff still working here and a real testament on how much they clearly love the resort and ensure that all visitors have a perfect relaxing break. Some changes to the resort we believe have made it not only better but a far greater experience and one of the biggest changes we noted was although it's still under a brand it felt far more welcoming and traditional than in previous visits.

From the moment we arrived to the new check in area which was so much easier and friendlier to our room which is always like an escape to paradise here we realised we should have returned earlier. It was really fantastic to see staff still here and be able to say hello and chat especially Supranee whom we met over 6 years ago on our first trip and is such an asset to this resort.

David(Day Manager) whom helped us with a slight problem which was not the resort or our fault through to the Pranee(Club Manager) whom everyday greeted us with a huge smile and welcome made each day start off fantastically. Even our room attendant Janya was so bubbly each day it gave us no reason not to be happy being back, well done to all the staff.

One of the biggest changes we found was just how good the English skills and the service attentiveness have changed, being English speaking tourists we do tend to speak fast and that can sometimes confuse Thai people so we too have learnt to slow down our talk.

The Fire Show at Martini Bar was just amazing and one of the best we have seen through our 8 years visiting Thailand and the Malati Beach Bar with those sunsets was magical and is a great addition to the resort. Yes we agree that the resort is massive and spread out but thats what a holiday is all about, finding your own spot and just relaxing which there are plenty.

Thank You Dust Thani for what was a magical trip back to visit Krabi this time and we really hope that senior management pass on the feedback to all the staff as they so deserve recognition for a great job done.

We will be back early next year as our Sheraton membership is now a distant memory :)

Room Tip: We have stayed now in many of the rooms across each of the buildings and never had any issue or conc...
3  Thank Drue S
Urs L, General Manager at Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear "Drue S",

Thank you so much for returning to us and your kind feedback! I am thrilled to read that you again, enjoyed your time with us.

I can ensure you that I will share your compliments with the entire team and also recognize Khun Supranee, David, Khun Pranee and Khun Janya for making a difference - thank you!

We all hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We booked at a nearby resort and left because of its cleanliness. We booked our stay at the Dusit Thani Krabi the same day and we were very happy with our decision. This report is a little more expensive than nearby hotels but totally worth it. The room was clean, staff extremely friendly, pools and beach are beautiful. The resort is secluded and quiet which was exactly what we were looking for. We booked the Phi Phi Island Tour though the resort. It was a highlight of our trip and would recommend. There's a massage place on the beach next to the hotel which is so relaxing listening to the waves.

We found the food and drinks on the resort to be overpriced for Thailand, especially breakfast buffet (700 baht which is about $23 USD) but there are many local Thai restaurants outside the resort that are VERY good at a fourth of the cost. The locals are so nice. We ate outside the resort for almost every meal because the prices and resort menu is very "Americanized".

This last minute find was amazing and we would recommend to anyone looking for a clean, picturesque, relaxing resort and beach.

Room Tip: Basic deluxe room is very nice.
1  Thank Zach C
Urs L, General Manager at Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear "Zach C",

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing our Dusit Krabi! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel location is perfect, some really good restaurants situated outside the hotel. Our favourites were the coffee house, sandwich me and the Indian across the road. The club room was worth the extra money, really friendly staff and not to eat in the main restaurant for breakfast was bliss, it's like a zoo. The pool areas were nice but the service wasn't great, always had to go and order drink, they could do with a bell system. We had a suite which was nice but does need a little maintenance work. The beach and grounds are amazing and always kept clean, they need to spend time on cleaning out the pools also.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kyanite21

Dear "Kyanite21",

Thank you very much for visiting our Dusit Krabi and your feedback! I am very happy to read that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. I have also noted your comments regarding breakfast and the service at the pool which I will discuss with the team.

Please do let me know if you have any plans to return to us so I can ensure you have a wonderful stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nong Thale
4.4 km away
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
1.7 km away
Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!