When the large steel gates are closed upon you it gives you a slightly ominous feeling...
It is called a Reserve for a good reason. You and your wallet are closely guarded. This means that security is good but if you want to stroll out to other restaurants and massage places it does require an effort.
The grounds are truly beautiful and the service level great (with a butler concept). It is a big place so they offer to take you everywhere with golf carts. The rooms are huge. We stayed in an Ocean Pavilion which had a bathroom larger than my first apartment.
The architecture is a bit strange. To me it felt more Indian than Thai.
We did not go to the spa. The traditional Thai massage there was 10 times more expensive than on the beach north of the hotel where you can listen to the sound of the ocean as you have your treatment (I am sure the spa is fantastic - but 10 times better...).
Breakfast was good but the dinner dining options did not meet the standard of the hotel. After being disappointed once we then escaped every evening to other options.
We booked a package on their website called Stay 3 nights and pay for 2.
Would I go back? Maybe if the dining options improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand