2,827 results
All reviewswhite lotusmaya restaurantpool barexplorer barhong islandopera suiteluxury roomlargest swimming poolkids clubcolonial stylebusy roaditalian restaurantamazing poollow seasoncooking classfree shuttlespecial thanks
Reviewed October 1, 2017

I have just returned from a wonderful 9 night stay with my husband.
We loved this hotel. We have stayed in many beach resort hotels in Thailand but the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra is a contender for our favourite so far.

I was a little worried about the location as it was away from the centre of Ao Nang but actually we preferred the quieter area and there were plenty of bars and beach restaurants in Klong Muang to keep us occupied. We made use of the hotel shuttle to visit the nightlife of Ao Nang just a couple of times. The beach at Klong Muang is also very nice. Not one of the most spectacular but, pretty clean and a perfectly nice to relax on for a few hours and long enough to go for a decent walk.

Our room in the hotel (354) was perfect. We had requested a top floor facing the sea and we were not disappointed. Our room was also close to the adult section of the pool which was an added bonus (It is a shame that some guests chose to ignore the signs and bring their children into the adults area, I do understand that it must be difficult for the staff to confront them about it). I am so pleased that we were given what we asked for as I don't think I would have found some of the garden facing rooms so special. The room itself was very spacious and finished to a high standard with all the amenities that we needed. It was kept nicely clean every day during our stay.

The gardens and pool are beautiful, our stay in low season meant we got to enjoy them while things were really peaceful. I would recommend September if you don't mind a few showers. There is still plenty of sunshine unless you are very unlucky.

Breakfast at the Maya Restaurant was an absolute treat each morning. The staff were so friendly and professional. They do an amazing job of remembering the names of the guests and were very attentive. My husband enjoyed practicing his Thai with Looki, Eva, May, Mon, Sam and the others. They were always helpful. The food choices were good. I especially liked the fresh honeycomb available to top my fruit, nuts and yoghurt with each morning. There was the best choice of breads I have seen in a Thai hotel. Fresh crepes and waffles were available on request and lots of other choices including a small Thai section which I also enjoyed occasionally. There definitely is something for everyone and I did not get around to trying everything. My one little suggestion would be some coffee available for guests to help themselves to rather than have to wait for the staff to find the time to bring it.

We also loved the Explorer bar, the happy hour cocktails were the best value in Krabi, and the iced coffees delicious. There are lots of cheap cocktails around if you want a glass of sweet fruit juice with a dash of dubious spirit in it but, for a proper well prepared drink I would really recommend this bar or the poolside cocktails. The Explore also has a very good duo playing a few times a week at 8pm.

We used the gym a few times and enjoyed the up to date equipment.

What really makes the Sofitel stand out is the commitment of all the staff to the enjoyment of the guests and the extra touches that are arranged weekly, such as the wine tasting evenings in the lobby. From Clay the manager taking the time to introduce himself over a complimentary glass of wine, to the poolside ambassador who was kind enough to dig the stones out of the soles of my sandals with his penknife, they give the impression of a happy team working together.

We are already thinking about returning next year.

Room Tip: I really liked our room on the third floor facing the adults pool and sea.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Bertrand C, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear ' Linda H',

Thank you very much for sharing such a heartfelt feedback regarding your recent visit at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We were most delighted to hear about your experience, and the memories that you bring back home. This is truly what a Sofitel experience is about, and we are glad we have been able to go beyond your expectations.

It is very encouraging for us when our Guests take the time to congratulate us on our efforts, and it definitely motivates our Ambassadors to continually do an even better job. After all, we are fortunate to have a team of well-trained professionals who are the real asset to this hotel. Your kind words of praise have been passed onto the mentioned Ambassadors, who are in turn most appreciative.

Once again thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent stay in Krabi. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Bertrand Courtois
General Manager - Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

This hotel charges water on dinner table for 48 Bahts! ( This is USD1.50) How ridiculous is it? Not mentioning the food is pricy, comparing the cost of the food at local price.

I would NEVER stay in this hotel again, nor to recommend to any friends.

Stayed: October 2017
Bertrand C, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear 'Gene C',

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We acknowledge your comments regarding the price of food & beverage. We do offer our guests the choice of complimentary filtered water or bottled water in all outlets. We are sure that you would appreciate that we cannot compete with local business pricing. As a luxury hotel we have many high operational costs to enable us to provide a five star luxury experience for our guests in a safe and secure environment. We have high quality furniture and fittings, excellent local and imported foods prepared in kitchens of very high cleaning standards; all served by trained team members that are well looked after with good employment benefits. We are not competing with local businesses and our guests expectations are definitely very different.

We do hope that there were other aspects of your stay that were enjoyable and that your stay with us was not all tainted by the price of the food and beverage.

Yours sincerely,

Bertrand Courtois
General Manager - Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed September 26, 2017

We (famliy of 3) had a very fantasic stay at Sofitel Krabi. The reason for this second visit to Sofitel Krabi was to spend my birthday at this wonderful and relaxing resort.
The hotel is spotless clean and offers anything what one desires.
Having arrived at the hotel one is greeted by very friendly and happy staff, together with some welcome drink and refreshing towels. What a nice start!
The rooms are spacious, well equipped, nice and clean. The housekeeping staff is very friendly. My wife had problems with her knee and they would regularly bring ice for cooling her knee. Thumbs up for them!!!!
We had all our meals in the hotel and were never disappointed, as the service, the hotel staff, food etc. are outstanding in all the restauants.
The Italian restaurant "Venezia" was under renovation during our last trip. The staff in the restaurant, especially Mr. Nathan and Mrs. June, are absolutely customer friendly and so attentive. One could not wish for anything better, as their service is really outstanding!!!
The "White Lotus" restaurant is also great and their Thai and Indian cuisine is very tasty and delicious. I like to thank Mrs. Sao so much, as she made my birthday wonderful. The table was decorated nicely, the serive outstanding and I got a nice surprise for my birthday - a lovely candle desert with all the staff singing for me - What a kind and thougthful gesture on a birthday.
The same unique attention was given to me in the morning at "Maya" restaurant when we had breakfast. The staff was also singing for me and gave me a wonderful pancake birthday cake.
So much attention and again some wonderful staff in "Maya" restaurant. I like to thank Mrs. Lookkate who is also so friendly and customer service minded. She and her colleagues looked so well after all the guests and we felt relaxed, comfortable and treated as VIP guests.
Sofitel Krabi is one of the nicest holiday resorts we stayed at. I would always recommend it and will definitely come back.
Sofitel Krabi can be proud of such friendly and attentive staff who made our holiday so special. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: get higher floor to overview the nice garden
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter K
Clay C, Executive Assistant Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear 'Peter K',

Thank you very much for sharing such a heartfelt feedback on Trip Advisor.

Once again thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent stay in Krabi. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another Sofitel experience.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

My family - hubby and 2 little boys spent 6D-5N at Sofitel. We were wondering how this off-season holiday (Sept 3-8) would pan out. To our delight the hotel itself was a great place.

Room & Property: Clean and spacious ground floor garden facing - we had an additional single bed for my older one, the younger one shared our bed. There was apparently some renovation going on at the end of our corridor but we didn't hear a thing! Spacious property with a big pool.
Kids: Kids had an amazing time with activities at the Kids club, daily screening of kids movies at 7pm, an inviting pool were the main features.
Adults: Me and my hubby too had so much time to ourselves with our kids beautifully being managed by the wonderful staff at the kids club.. we ended up breaking into their play often feeling guilty at letting them be by themselves for so long haha
We also attended a session of Thai cooking.. learnt a few things from the wonderful chef - she was sweet enough to buy for us few packets of thai curry paste and palm sugar from the town!
Food: We ate in almost all the meals at the resort itself. Their White Lotus served delicious Thai and Indian food.. although we chose Sofitel for availability of Indian vegetarian food mostly all the meals we had were Thai and western! The staff at the Maya restaurant were really sweet to us and the kids specially!. Tq to Tukta, May and Kai!
Sunset: We saw spectacular sunsets at the beach.
Hong Islands: These islands were just a stones throw away and we ended up renting a long tail boat from the beach side for a very reasonable amount all to ourselves. We did a free and easy half day of swimming in the Hong islands lagoon and snorkelling at the bay. Snorkelling experience was poor as we did not see many fishes. The weather was very pleasant with barely any rains during the day throughout our stay.
Downside: The only minor disappointment was the beach which during low tide exposed huge stones. Also the sand along the larger stretch was littered with broken glass.The staff kept the patch of beach in front of the resort pretty clean however.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear 'Jayanthi V',

Thank you very much for sharing such a positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

We were very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our Ambassadors and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Tukta, May and Kai, who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Had a fantastic stay at the Sofitel Krabi with my wife. This is a very high quality hotel with great facilities and fabulous pool and grounds. Staff were exceptional in all departments and always trying to assist in making our stay as memorable as possible.
Particular mention to the pool staff, restaurant staff and the executive lounge staff, all of whom were very friendly and efficient.
Used the hotel private speed boat tour to nearby Hong Island which was very nice and relaxing, again with great service from the Sofitel Team. Also the courtesy bus into Ao Nang ran frequently throughout the day.
All in all a fabulous hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Clay C, Executive Assistant Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear 'Colinmf1',

Thank you very much for sharing such a positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We were very pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our Ambassadors are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team. This will definitely motivate them to keep up the good work.