2,849 results
All reviews white lotus maya restaurant pool bar explorer bar hong island opera suite luxury room largest swimming pool kids club colonial style busy road italian restaurant amazing pool low season cooking class free shuttle special thanks
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Very unique and quiet place for a quick getaway from Singapore .
Greenery around the Resort is good . October is rainy season .

The SPA and the massage by masseuse Kwan Jirawan was excellent and very therapeutic .

Sanjiv Rao

Room Tip: Pool View was good
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Bertrand C, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear 'Sanjiv R',

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit in our hotel and particularly appreciated the excellent service from our So Spa Ambassador. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. Your kind words of praise have been passed onto Khun Kwan, who is in turn most appreciative. This will certainly motivate her to keep up the good work.

Once again thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent stay in Krabi. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another Sofitel experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Having been more of a reader then a reviewer on this app I just simply couldn’t resist but to come and review this hotel.
Everything is simply heavenly here.
Kids club - outstanding
Gym - terrific (free weights too)
Breakfast - French Charm at its best
Bars - TOP notch
Rooms - big, ample, outstanding and even win a child bed and baby cot room to move about!!!
Pool - well must experience. Can spend days on end
Beach - literally private! Hotel provides deck chairs, towels etc.
Staff - polite, sincere, friendly and spot on. Very good with the kids must add!

Overall - ONE OF THE BEST HOLIDAYS WE’VE HAD

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear 'britbadboy',

Thank you very much for sharing such a positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We were delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our Ambassadors are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another Sofitel experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I have to agree with previous reviews that say this hotel does not live up to Sofitel standards.
The hotel is quite worn and currently the exterior walls are being repainted. I would not recommend booking until the works are completed (probably not before 2018) but hopefully it will be nicer for guests after that.
We chose the location because we hoped for a quiet escape but in reality it meant additional transport as the beach right in front is rocky and does not seem to get cleaned by the hotel. There are several decent eateries and massage parlours close by if you are prepared to walk along a busy narrow road.
Food inside the resort is pricey. 150 THB for one scoop of ice cream to go and 250 THB for a cocktail that lacked one ingredient. Pointing out that fact the bartender added it to the glass I already drank from rather than mixing a new drink.
This is not a big deal but a very good example of the overall attitude we experienced from the hotel.
We did have a pretty bumpy start.
Stretching out budget quite a bit we opted for the airport pickup service due to the availability of infant car seats. Travelling with two 1-year olds we feel their safety comes first. However, the driver did not get the information and did not bring them despite 2 phone calls and a confirmation by email from the hotel. We did not have much choice rather than taking two exhausted toddlers on the lap for the 45 min drive and pray for a smooth ride. Fortunately the driver was understanding and drove cautiously.
At check in we expressed our disappointment in a polite and friend manner but felt it was shrugged off. After having slept over it a night we addressed our concern once more but were treated like making a big fuss. This might be due to a difference in culture but I am still disappointed by that reaction of a 5 star hotel. At the end I felt I had to make my point by refusing to pay the full amount for the pick up. This was again met with no understanding whatsoever. I offered to pay the regular taxi fare as that would have been our alternative and was told in that case they can not pay the driver?!
A SINCERE apology can go a long way and would have worked wonders in our case. But for us that set the tone of our stay.

I want to end this review on a positive note. Breakfast was very good. Not only the freshness and variety but also the incredibly attentive staff who cared so well for us und our kids and made it possible we all enjoyed breakfast as the best time of the day.
The huge pool and big garden are lovely, the rooms spacious, he gym well equipped and the staff is in general very friendly. Don’t expect 5 stars and avoid disappointment.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Krawallschachtel
Bertrand C, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear 'Krawallschachtel',

Thank you very much for taking your time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra. We are very sorry to read that we let you down in certain areas during your stay.

You have provided us with some very detailed and valuable feedback. This information has already been shared with the management team for each of the particular departments. Please be assured that we take such feedback quite seriously, as we are always working on better ways to deliver service to our guests. We would also like to thank you for making the effort to communicate the positive aspects of your stay, especially the friendliness of the Ambassadors which has also been shared with our teams.

Mr. 'Krawallschachtel', we are indeed very sorry that we let you down with the arrival experience. Our ambassadors work very hard every day to provide all of our guests with a seamless experience and we are all disappointed when something goes wrong. We hope that you understand that this is not a regular occurrence and we do hope that you will visit us again sometime in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Location: far away from Ao Nang beach and krabi town,so if you choose sofitel,try to enjoy most of your time in the hotel.
Service: I was treated really well during my stay in Sofitel krabi, staffs from reception and exclusive lounge are all well-trained and helpful. They also apply complementary sauna to platinum member,even though I was too lazy to try it..
Facilities and activities: lots of activities are organized by the hotel ,but because of the rain and the memorial of the king, most of activities were unavailable during my stay... so I just attended the tour to Hong islands and I have to say it's the only drawback during my stay...the staff who served us was unprofessional,and the lunch was awful...I couldn't believe it was supplied by sofitel. Heavy rain on the tour day, there's not even extra dry towels on the boat...and the guide staff just kept laughing in a wired way rather than trying to help... overall,the tour didn't worth the price.
Food: I did enjoy good time in the explore bar,lovely chat with the staff there, and exclusive lounge supplies good beverages. As to the India &Thai restaurant with reputation I ordered the Indian set, and I do love Indian food. But I'm afraid it's just average.
Even though krabi is boring for me, but if my friends wanna visit there, I will recommend sofitel to them for sure.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Bertrand C, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear 'Huan Y',

Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We are quite surprised and disappointed to read about your dissatisfaction of the excursion and also the staff attitude, as the genuine friendliness of our ambassadors, especially our boat crew, is normally our number one positive comment. However, rest assured that your comments have been discussed with our Director of Sports & Recreations to share with his team.

Nevertheless, we were delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our Ambassadors are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Great place for family vacation, has lots of fun activities for children. Swimming pool is great, Also is beach easily accessible. A bit far from au nang, have to take taxi or hotel bus if you want to go out for shopping, drinks and dinner.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Bertrand C, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear 'sinmin9',

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We were most delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly appreciated the hotel's activities provided for children throughout your stay. This is a great feedback that we love to share with our team members.