This was the second of two hotels we stayed at during our honeymoon in Thailand.
The hotel as a whole is very nice, staff are more than friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is perfect. There are a total of 80+ steps to climb down if you are in one of the standard rooms, or if you are like us staying at the beach villa then you will have to less occasionally climb them to eat at the Thai restaurant, have breakfast, go to the gym, leave the resort, etc. Generally I think it's better being at the bottom as it's closer to the beach, the pool (and private pool!) and the Italian restaurant.
Friendly and helpful. Newspapers delivered in the morning, cakes delivered in the evening. Fantastic service. They even let us drink our own beers at the pool or by the bars.
The Italian restaurant was amazing, they had a green curry pizza that was delicious and had lots of (expensive) sea food dishes that were exotic. The squid was very tough but apart from that I had no complaints. The Thai restaurant made cheaper and even nicer food, the curries were cooked perfectly and the staff in both restaurants were welcoming and charming. Breakfast was nice but could be a little inconsistent. One day it will have great selection and on another day it will be average.
Decent selection of equipment for a holiday. The cold towels in the fridge are refreshing after a work-out and free water is provided.
Free WiFi but only one PC working with free internet at the internet room. This room doubles up as a bar where you can really relax well whilst watching the sunset (although it's even better at the Italian restaurant).
The room was brilliant, had a jacuzzi (which admittedly wasn't very good at all and only used it one during our eight nights), private pool was great in the evenings when lit up, the honeymoon food spread (surcharge) was delicious and balanced well, the bathroom is spacious and warm. The bedroom itself was great (and perfect for 'you-know-what') with a mosquito net and a fan (fan was blowing into the top of the cover on the bed, rendered useless TBH). There were some beastly creatures wandering around outside ( a giant lizard, snakes, giant moths) but we enjoyed the excitement very much! There was a cockroach in the room on one day but I killed it and none returned after that.
SEA - loss of star
The sea is one of the reasons this review is not five star. It's unsafe and smells slightly of sewage. The sewage smell is coming from the Amari but the safety of the beach is really the responsibility of all the hotels along this beach. There are BROKEN bottles amongst wood and trash all over the place. Down the far right of the beach there is a little camp with a hammock full of trash, etc. If the Amari and the other hotels chipped in a little amount of money this beach would be clean after a few days, it's not acceptable. We did not go swimming in the sea once.
Is great, a little small but when staying in the villa you do not have to worry about getting a sun bed!
World class spa, great value and skilled staff. A MUST.
Far away from anything decent, the free shuttle bus takes you to a touristy dump not worth visiting unless you want to change up money or go on a boat trip to Reilly Bay.
ANOTHER STAR GONE
The reason the review is three star: We had paid extra for a taxi to pick us up from the airport, displaying our name on a placard. After aware this taxi was not at the airport (bearing in mind this is Phuket airport: 2.5 hours drive away) we rang the hotel who had forgotten to arrange the taxi for us that we had paid for three months in advance. We were very stressed in finding a legitimate driver and were on edge the whole journey, especially considering he stopped at a house on the way and picked up a burly lad who he claimed was his son (at the time we could not be sure!) before driving the rest of the way. He kept using our phone to call the hotel which took at least twenty minutes per phone call discussing with the clerk at the front desk (not the first time we would have problems with this staff member, we would often have to call him multiple times to get things done of which he would often promise he was doing but was in fact not doing). When we arrived we were made to pay for the taxi driver who charged 3500 Baht (£70) even though we had already paid for this service. Eventually they refunded the second trip but not at any point did we ever receive an apology from any of the front desk staff.
Overall, this could have been a top contender. We would like to say we'd visit again (the Tubkaek resort down the road doesn't seem as good. We actually ate there one night and it was vastly overpriced) it would be in the distant future based on whether the reviews of the time show improvement in the highlighted areas. Other than that, thank you to the staff at Amari Vogue for making our honeymoon wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand