“A little slice of heaven on earth...”
Review of Amari Vogue Krabi

Amari Vogue Krabi
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed 8 February 2011

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Amari Vogue after a week of the hustle and bustle of Patong Beach Phuket. The staff made us instantly feel welcome and throughout our stay continually exceeded our expectations of superior service, little touches such as cold refreshing towels and iced water poolside made it extra special. The setting is so amazing looking out onto all the limestone formations, we enjoyed our days by the several pools followed by sunset cocktails and dinner at Bellini of a night- happy hour and live music was excellent. We have never seen such gorgeous sunsets and is a memory we will treasure forever- extremely romantic! Rooms were of a good size and had lovely outlook with views of gardens and pool area. Simon the manager was terrific, very professional and a genuine sense of care to see that we had a truly fantastic experience. The Koi fish around the breakfast room area were so relaxing to watch swim over breakfast and it was great fun to get fish food and feed such beautiful and strong animals. The banana fritters and icecream we ordered off room service menu were the best we have ever had- presentation was incredible. In the six days we only left the hotel once to do a day trip to the islands- we seriously did not want to leave! Thanks again to the staff who really made it so special we had a beautiful stay we will never forget.

4  Thank mrsmagic09
Write a ReviewReviews (2,518)

Reviewed 7 February 2011

This hotel is absolutely wonderful in so many ways. We stayed here for 9 night in a honeymoon suite and our stay was amazing from the minute we arrived to the very minute we left.

I don't think there's much need for me to mention details about the things most people have already mentioned (i.e. isolated location, service, ice creams, snacks). Though here are some thoughts;

- Service - perfect. You almost feel loved. :)
- Hotel decor - gorgeous
- Ao Nang - 30 mins away but you really don't notice it. Plus some people mention it is a 'ghost town'. I think these comments may come from people who have been to other places such as Bangkok and Phuket. In my view it is a fairly happening and lively place, and if it was any bigger, I probably wouldn't have explored much more. We felt that Amari was the perfect hotel for getting peace when you want it and then hitting the town when you feel the need to shop around in town.
- Hong Islands - Take a long tail boat from the private beach. 1700 Baht. We went twice!
- Boat trips - Main ones are 4 Islands, Phi Phi and James Bond Island. You should be able to book each for around 900 to 1200 Baht in Ao Nang. The reliable boat companies are Chok Paisan and Koh Phi Phi tours so try to ensure you use these.

I did have one small issue crop up with a packed lunch but the hotel was so quick and efficient in resolving it, it actually scored them extra brownie points. An outstanding attitude towards customer service.

Overall, the best holiday I have ever had and the hotel had a lot to do with this as it was also the best hotel by miles and in so many ways that I have ever stayed at - which is a very bold statement considering I only ever stay at hotels rated within the top 3 or 4 hotels on trip advisor for that particular area.

4  Thank Navteerp
Reviewed 6 February 2011

This hotel was chosen by us because it was one of the best hotels on tripadvisor. And indeed, its worth its excellent ratings. Located on one of the most beautiful beaches around Krabi, this hotel is a perfect place to relax! The accomodation is just perfect into every detail - everything is in the right place and very beutiful! The staff is very friendly and there are a lot of complimentary goodies: a glass of water at the beach that never becomes empty, ice cream (every day another flavour), fruit skewers, "amuse bouches" and of course the happy hours. Okay the location is far away from the next town (30min to Aonang) but hotel stuff will organize you a taxi or you can take the hotel shuttle bus (once a day). We can say we are looking forward to come back

2  Thank DeurDicht
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We stayed at the Amari Vogue Krabi for 6 nights in January/February and had a warm welcome from the General Manager on arrival. The room was very comfortable and we had a partial sea view from the Balcony. Nice little touches on an evening, when cake was regularly delivered to the room. Location was very quiet and relaxing and the view of the Hong Islands was fantastic. Gardens/pools were well maintained with nice little areas to sit/sunbathe. Would recommend for couples/family as apart from a few hotels close by there is little nightlife. We mainly ate at the Italian/Seafood restaurant - the service was really good and the staff/chef were very helpful and accomodating and catered well for my allergy. We ate at the Thai restaurant one night and the food was very good albeit were drawn back to the Italian/Seafood restaurant given the fantastic location overlooking the beach/excellent food! It is easy to arrange trips through the hotel and taxi's to/from the airport and local towns. We took a longtail boat trip from the beach in front of the hotel (recommended by the General Manager) to the Hong Islands which were amazing. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing, comfortable place to stay in a quiet idylic location with good service.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleBo
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We went here for our 1 year anniversary. We stayed 5 days at the Sofitel and 4 days here.

The combination was great. Sofitel allowed us to do more activities, i.e tennis, free boat trip to islands, yoga classes and it is much closer to AO Nang. so we did that first.

Then we wanted pure relaxation, complete beauty and this is exactly what Amari Vogue offers. its very romantic and the tubkaak beach has to be the best in the whole of Krabi. The hotel was informed before hand that it was our 1 year anniversary and they made it so special for us, rose petals on arrival, congratulations cake, every day they gave us a gift to make it that extra bit special. I think this place is perfect for a couple who are looking for romance and relaxation, if you are with a family then Sofitel might be better.

A lovely stay and will return to Amari Vogue

R&P

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rups81
Reviewed 24 January 2011

This is a lovely hotel, beautiful grounds and location right on the beach. Staff very nice. Very relaxing. We ate in both restaurants - food was fine although the Thai one lacked atmosphere somewhat as it was in the room were breakfast was served each morning. Service was very slow in both restaurants particularly at lunch time and we waited for one hour in the Thai one for wine. About from that its a lovely place for a holiday. Location wise its about 30 minutes to Ao Nang the nearest town - costs 500 bahts each way (about £20 round trip)- its Ok for a change of scenery. Theres a great place to get cheap Thai massage on the beach beside hotel, the boat trip from the beach in front of hotel was very enjoyable but the picnic lunch box from hotel a waste of money (its just breakfast left-overs!) Theres also a very nice restaurant in the one of the neighbouring hotels where they have candle lit tables set out on the beach. Apart from that there is absolutely nothing in this area so if you are not after "quiet" it wont be for you - everything is closed by 10pm!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JandD1000
Reviewed 15 January 2011

With so many positive reviews on this resort, I realise that this report is certainly not the norm. I do feel strongly however, that I need to take the time to make it, and will try and be absolutely objective throughout.
I am a regular traveller - business and leisure, and have stayed at a huge number of hotels and resorts around the world. Based on my experience of Amari properties in Bangkok, and Koh Chang (the latter being absolutely superb and really the basis for another Amari beach holiday), and reviews from this site, I arrived with high expectations.
From the moment of arrival I knew I was going to be disappointed. Let me focus on the main points.
After an 'average' check-in process (yes there was the check-in made seated away from reception and a welcoming drink, but a lack of organisation and warm welcome), my room was a big disappointment in terms of the location and view. In a corner looking out on to a flat roof with empty crisp cartons on it. I asked to change but was told there was no other option. I was also reminded that I was on a discounted rate! Yes - true, and somebody has to stay in that room, but not being given the option to change at any stage in the week, and being told that the hotel was completely full (when rooms were for sale on hotels.com and Amari's site for that night, and not at rack rate!!) left a bad taste. This all from the General Manager (British), who I regret to say, in my view, had an edge in his customer service style bordering on arrogance.
The room issue aside, the hotel just fell well short of the standard I was expecting from Amari. The whole style of the hotel was a little bit too full on Thai for me - actually kitch. That is a personal choice - others love it. Nice pools, fountains etc, but with lots of small but important things that detracted from the final effect. It was soon easy to see that the hotel needs some attention to maintenance - building and garden. Shabby in places, and while the room was spotless, the public areas certainly needed more attention to cleaning. More of that later. Garden pools green that were only attended to after two days. After check-in, and the disappointment of the room, our first meal. Expensive and average, and again, the restaruant needing much more attention to detail.
We had now realised that this was not going to be where we wanted to be for a week. I went to the business area to see what our options were for flights and hotels. I sat down and saw dirt hanging from the overhead fans, mirrors covered in marks, the floor covered with sand, the adjoining bar area abandoned and with the sink full of dirty glasses etc.
That was enough. I spoke to the General Manager and addressed my disappointment. He was very defensive until I gave him my objective observations and he changed his attitude. I stressed that his hotel positioned itself as a top end boutique resort and with standards generally very high at Thai hotels, he had some serious shortfalls to address. He accepted and allowed us to check-out early without penalty. At least that. There then followed nothing short of a cleaning frenzy in all the areas I mentioned. Too little too late, and should the GM of this level of hotel be caught with this type of customer feedback?
The staff were lovely and sweet, but then aren't they always in Thailand? It comes pretty much as standard. Views lovely but I have been on many far better beaches around the world. Service very hit and miss here too. You had to be seen dragging chairs in position before any assistance came. The water service was often only after going up to the bar area to ask. I thought the food was expensive for what it was. The breakfast was good but nothing to compare with Amari Koh Chang. The Thai restaurant lacked ambience with bright lights and awful music.
Let's put subjectivity aside - such as the style of decor. This hotel could be fantastic, and on the same level as the other Amari resorts I have stayed. It is quite simply not - and far from it. I think that the problem is one of staff supervision, and a hotel management team that are not on top of their game, with failure to monitor standards to the highest level and ensure attention to detail. I hope this review is useful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4.4 km away
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
#3 of 12 in Nong Thale

Been to Amari Vogue Krabi? Share your experiences!