17,731 results
All reviews elegance club butler arling sea and see punta cana limited gourmand sea restaurant flavors buffet italian restaurant club section bali beds seafood swim up suite funjestic team michael jackson show our honeymoon majestic drink pool bar
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Elegance Club Review
I thought I had already posted this, but I guess I didn't. My wife and I went here for our honeymoon back in mid August 2016. We loved our time. Below is a pretty in depth review of the areas we loved and also some stuff we didn't love so much, but wanted to point out. All in all, a great first trip to Punta Cana and we will be going back. We actually booked a 5 night stay at the new Majestic Mirage for later in August of 2017. Very much looking forward to it. Enjoy reading the review and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Concierge Service
Jacob was amazing. So friendly and always willing to help us out with anything.

Lounges
There are 2 Elegance Club only lounges that are AC’d and have snacks all the time that change throughout the day.
They also have at least one concierge on staff there to help with anything
You can get bottled waters (latest we went was around 10pm I believe)
We loved the small finger food offered at the lounges. Some of them have ice cream and latte (iced or hot) machines. Each morning instead of going to breakfast, we would get some delicious croissants that have chocolate in them and some fruit.

Perks of Elegance Club
2 private beach areas that have bars. You also get served by waiting staff that walk along the beach. Some longer waits, depending on the amount of people there. We loved the beach NOT next to the See & Sea restaurant. It was more quite and less crowded.
These two beaches also had bali beds.
The private pool next to our room (3106) had the only swim up bar in the resort for Elegance Club members. Based on the map, there are 4 private pools I believe for EC members and this was the only one. Awesome perk; we loved this.
EC members also get access to a large 24 hours a day room service menu. Nothing special, but it does come within 45 minutes and always severed hot.
Had access to EC members breakfast and lunch hours in the Italian restaurant.

We could NOT imagine coming here without having the Elegance Club package.

Our Room - EC Junior Suite Swim Up
We originally booked the Elegance Club Junior Suite with Jacuzzi however we got upgraded to the same room, but with a swim up. Room 3106 to be exact. This was a surprise and we weren’t told anything. We got ushered to this room and that was that!
The room was great and easily the best feature was that our patio led right to the private EC pool with the ONLY wet bar just 25 feet away.
The bed was comfortable, but nothing extraordinary. Large king bed though.
TV had good channels, half I would say English. A lot of US broadcast and cable channels which was nice. TV had a very dark screen and low HD (720i at best). Not a deal breaker.
Jacuzzi was excellent and big enough for 2 people no problem. No problem with the water pressure to fill it up with both hot and cold water.
The wet bar in the room was also nice.
Included 4 small bottles of liquor: Johnny Red, local dark rum, some non-flavored vodka, and a coffee-cream liquor. We didn’t finish any of the bottles, but we did see boxes of the bottles in the room service carts so you can assume they will give you new ones daily.
The fridge was stocked all the time with coors light beer, soda and water bottles. These were also filled daily or you could ask anytime.
The shower was unfortunately not a good point. It has a rain head at the top and 3 side jets that work at the same time. Also had a removable handle shower head with a hose that could be used separately
Issue was the rain shower head had low water pressure and the side jets, only 1 worked properly and felt like a laser going into your back or side.
I won’t even try to explain how the shower works and how to get hot/cold water because I still don’t know. We guessed every time.
There was an issue with mosquitos in the room as during room service, they keep the doors open and they can get in. Be sure to bring 25% deet bug spray and spray before bed or you WILL get bit over night.
The AC worked perfectly fine for us throughout our stay which was great. Nothing like sleeping in sweat, which we never had to do. MUCH appreciated for this.

Butler Service
Not really used, but whenever we ran into him (once a day at least) Jacob was so friendly and happy to see us. Always asked how our day is going and if there is anything he can do.
We reserved most of our dinners with the online web app the resort uses.
Reserved the spa treatments we did with the Elegance Club concierge in the lounge

Staff
One word: friendly and attentive. The vast majority of the staff we had contact with or just ran into made a point to smile and say “hola” to us.
Hard to understand at times if you don’t know Spanish.
Bring $1’s and $5’s. Like I said, the vast majority of the staff is very polite and wants to serve you the best they can. We tipped a $1 for each drink we had at the bar and at shows and $3-5 for the restaurants we went to that had a waiting staff. Tips are not expected, but definitely appreciated by the staff for great service.
We had no issue of getting served at the main pool, beaches and the theater for shows. Expect a longer wait time at the beach, pool and during the shows as there are a lot more people around.

Pools
Crowded at times in Club area by the swim up bar (expected), but really nice right outside room at the swim up. Like your own pool area in front of the room.
Main pool was busier than the private Elegance Club pools, but they are larger so this wasn't really an issue for the wife and me.
Missing tiles which they worked on fixing it during the day when pool was not busy and it was raining out.
Mostly clean and not a slimy feeling on the tiles

Beach/Ocean
Crowded during the day, but the EC areas are much less crowded.
Seaweed at the beginning of the beach, then clear for most of the swimming area.
Drinks brought to you in a timely manner for Elegance Club members
Elegance club beach areas definitely less crowded. We loved the larger area that was NOT next to the Sea & See restaurant.

Buffet
Worst experience of the resort
Great selection, but too much food = poor quality
The staff cannot keep up with the variety of foods available, and this leads to cold food that has clearly been stored at an inadequate and dangerous temperatures.
Cross contamination
The chef at the sauté station used one set of tongs to pull out all (even raw) ingredients in the stir fry. This meant that he used his tongs for my chicken and also the next customer’s squid. He also used those same tongs to toss in the vegetables and serve my food on the plate. Disgusting.

All other restaurants:
We went to all the other restaurants the resort has for either breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. We enjoyed each one. The service was great for one exception at the lunch we had at the Italian restaurant; just very unusually slow. I think we were expecting too much "elegance" in the food department. Not everything was AMAZING or plated like you see in your typical all inclusive resort flyer. The food was at least a 3.5/4 out of 5 stars. I did like how you could order multiple apps though (salad and a normal app) along with your entree.
The steak house was very good, but we had to get our steak cooked more as it was served less than rare when asked for medium rare. I suggest to ask for a temp higher than you usually do at all restaurants that cook beef.
The food selection at each one ranged good to great. Each one had an entree and appetizer selection for both my wife and myself that we enjoyed.
I really enjoyed the sushi options at 9 Doors and some offered at the buffet for dinner. The Italian restaurant had amazing choices for anyone that likes pasta, risotto, etc. Steakhouse had an excellent selection of different cuts of steak and great choices for those that don’t want steak. The French restaurant, adversities as their finest of dining choice was also very good. Smaller portions, to be expected, but still packed good flavor.

Entertainment
The shows every night were corny, but fun and entertaining. They did their job after a long day of sun, pool/beach, drinks, and food. We went to each one after dinner and enjoyed each one. The rock show was our favorite because they played a lot of this we knew. The comedy show was also very funny. The MJ show was good, but a little repetitive.
Each show started around 9:30pm with a 30 minute pre-show that included guest participation. Some of these were funny, but got repetitive each night.

As I said at the start, this was a very beautiful time for our honeymoon. We loved that we could do anything we wanted to and just relax. We'not the most social people around so this resort fit our personality perfectly, but it could definitely fit more social people as well.

Room tip: Make sure you have bug spray. The mosquito's can be bad at times. They try to spray as much as they can.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank josha918
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Dear Joshua A,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about our resort and for sharing them here on TripAdvisor.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Elegance Club experience with all the extra amenities, such as the bars, VIP Lounge, private pool, etc.

We are grateful for your compliments towards your Elegance Club Experience and the helpfulness and dedication demonstrated by all our teams throughout the resort; it is always our pleasure telling our team that they have exceeded our guest’s expectations.

Your comments are incredibly valuable to us, as they help us in our continued effort to exceed guests’ expectations and experiences. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable vacation we hope you will cherish forever.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

We stayed at The Elegance. The Food was amazing! And the Live Shows on the resort were GREAT!!! The best entertainers were Elisa and Dory! Give them a raise! They make sure u have fun! #Allinclusive :-) is the hashtag we used to describe the trip cause that is what she kept saying no matter how wild the party got LOL......and it can get wild. They eat lobster as common as we eat chicken or something lol I ate lobster everyday B! Hands down the best trip I have been on in a while. And shout out to Yery aka Jerry he was cool and very helpful. But if you go there request the entertainers Elisa and Dory You got to have both lol. We coming back just don't know when yet But yeah Go and enjoy!

Room tip: Rooms in the back on the first floor are where its at cause they right on the beach. Saves u a long drunken walk lol
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank graynetins
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Dear graynetins,

We are really honored that you chose Majestic for your recent vacation. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our fantastic entertainment and that you had a good experience at our restaurants throughout the resort.

Thank you very much for all your praises toward our staff, especially the entertainment team. We take such pride in our resort and our staff and it is very important to us that every guest receives this star treatment from our staff.

We would very much enjoy the opportunity of welcoming you back and making your next stay absolutely Majestic.

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

My son was getting married at the Majestic Elegance and whenever there is a milestone event I buy a ring. I purchased a fabulous ring from the store on site from #julian and he not only sold me a quality piece and gave me superior service. I will remember this event forever because of his help in finding me the perfect ring!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lorin R,

We really appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor.

It is truly a pleasure for us to receive your impressions of this trip and we are so pleased to hear that you found it to be an enjoyable experience.

We are delighted that we had the opportunity to be at your service.

Thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home-away-from-home here in paradise.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Majestic Elegance truly was an amazing resort. The staff was very friendly and the grounds were beautiful. My boyfriend and I stayed in the adults only Elegance Club. The room was clean and conveniently located. Our butler Erickson was superb. He was always readily available and always had a smile on his face.
The night time shows were very entertaining! Kudos to the FUNJESTIC team! The casino is nothing to brag about but it was fun to go to for an hour each night.
The food was OK. The only restaurants we liked were the French, Hibachi and Italian. The steakhouse was not good at all, nor was the buffet. The italian restaurant had a really great lunch menu.
I would recommend Majestic Elegance to anyone who asked. The service was wonderful and there was someone cleaning at all times. Great resort to spend a week at.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marissa P
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear Marissa P,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our resort and that you appreciated Erickson during your time with us. We are so glad to know that our staff provided an excellent service.

We have specifically noted your comments regarding your food experience. Please be assured that we take this matter very seriously and is of paramount importance to us as we strive to offer a wide option of restaurants with different variety for our guest’s satisfaction. We have brought this incident to the immediate attention of the Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager for review and improvement.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

We are a couple in our 50’s, with 2 daughters, ages 18 & 15. This trip was our 9th visit to DR, our 8th as a family vacation. Technically this was our 9th resort, however we did stay at Majestic Colonial in 2011. We stayed 7 nights in June. I booked 2 rooms. I sent ME an email saying this was sort of our first repeat visit, and requested 1 room with a King Size bed, and one with two beds (Room 2), room location preference with close proximity to the beach, partial ocean/pool view, upper floor, and in the same building. Upon arrival, we found our rooms in Building 2, 3rd floor, facing the pool and next to each other. Both doors had “Welcome Back” banners on them. Room 1 didn’t have a King Size bed, it had 2 full size beds pushed together. We accepted this accommodation. I was pleased that my requests were met.

Resort: This resort is absolutely gorgeous. The grounds are impeccable. The buildings are all properly maintained. Every day someone was painting or repairing something to keep it looking pristine. The pools always looked well taken care of. Rarely did I see stray drinking cups or trash anywhere. Public restrooms where kept clean. I would suggest that paper towels be available in all. The hand dryers aren't used as much. There are no timeshare sales pitches here.

Room: We stayed in Junior Suite with Jacuzzi rooms. In each room there was a nice fruit plate, a bottle of Rebelle sparkling wine with glasses and a personalized letter welcoming us. There is a coffee maker with some supplies. Majestic tote bags were provided. Open concept room, so there are 2 sinks, a toilet room with a glass door, and the whirlpool tub in the corner by the balcony. The shower also has a glass door, and has a rain shower head, a handheld shower sprayer that could stay mounted for a traditional type shower head, and 3 body sprays mounted on the wall. The water pressure wasn’t the best for the rain shower head or the body sprays, so we didn’t use those. However, the rain shower head leaked cold water while using the handheld shower sprayer. I don’t think the diverter worked properly in Room 2. The refrigerator was stocked with Coors Light, Coke, Sprite, water, orange soda and 2 chocolate bars. The maid service was perfect. She would come sometime after we left to spend the day on the beach. We did not receive turn-down service. We tipped $2 a day for the “king” room, and $3 a day for Room 2 (2 beds), more if we had extra requests (like water or towels). We would also add a tip inside the refrigerator. Robes & slippers were provided. Plenty of soap, shampoo, bath gel, dental kits, a sewing kit, shoe shine, and a comb were also provided. The room safe was roomy and worked as expected in Room 2. We had to meet maintenance in Room 1 day to get that room safe working. There are hangers and shelves in the closet. There are end tables by the beds with drawers as well as a desk with some drawers. There was a humidity issue with the room, but this time I decided to give DampRid a try and brought along 2 hanging packages. They started out inside the closet, but later I moved them to the wall lamp so that the room could benefit from them. The part where the water goes was nearly half full at the end of our stay
Restaurants/Food: Very pleased to see they squirt antibac gel in your hand as you enter the restaurants. We always bring along our own. Tons of fresh food. Always presently nicely. We liked See & Sea for breakfast, however it does not open until 9-9:30 am. It would be nice if they could set up a small coffee station here for early risers. Some mornings we would go to Flavors for breakfast since it opened earlier. For lunch we would stay on the beach and go to See & Sea. For Dinner we tried Flavors buffet twice (one night was Asian night; sushi was very good), Teppanyaki at 9 Doors, Il Bottaccio, and Asadito. My favorite was Il Bottaccio. Cappuccino and desserts to die for! One night there was a Beach Party with tons of food. They did a wonderful job setting up many tables and chairs. Thankfully the pouring rain waited until the next evening.

Entertainment: The entertainment team members are tireless and hard working. They are to be praised for their hospitality. My husband and my girls participated in numerous beach games. One daughter did SUP Yoga in the pool. The instructors were great! Team members would ask you to dance with a smile. It amazed us that Marlin always remembered names. One evening he saw us playing the card game Uno and sat down with us and played a round. Since we have vacationed in Punta Cana we have a pretty good idea of what the evening entertainment is like. We took advantage of the sister resorts and got to see the Michael Jackson show and the Circus twice. The fire breathers were amazing!

Bars: We enjoyed many of the bars. Majestics and cold beer, what more can you ask for. Beach drink service was never a problem. Drinks are served in either reusable plastic tumblers, paper cups, or glass. It didn’t matter to me which vessel my drink came in because it was a treat to have someone always bring one to me. We took along Tervis tumblers which were filled when we asked. We tipped both the beach service and bar tenders. It took me 3 days to point out club soda, which they would call sparkling or seltzer. We weren’t offered any sort of special crafted drinks, so I am not sure what makes an excellent bartender here. We typically ordered beer, Sky and Seltzer (or Titos, or whichever other name brand vodka happened to be available), Bombay and Tonic, tried a mango margarita and a mojito. Majestics were refreshing, and best when more frozen.

Service: Top notch. Every single employee was as nice as could possibly be.
WiFi: We stayed connected with home via social media. We set our Verizon phones to Airplane Mode and used the WiFi everywhere. We used Facebook messenger with no issues.

Beach: Beautiful. They work hard to clear nature’s gift of seaweed. This resort keeps their stretch of beach trash free. Not quite as much boat traffic as there is closer to the marina. There is constant traffic of someone trying to sell you something. We politely said no Gracias, and on they went, but they would be back many more times. It got old after a while. For me, if I want something I will ask about it. Perhaps they could consider limiting the hours the vendors can solicit. I recall during one of our stays the vendors could only come to you if you called to them. I am not exaggerating when I say it was constant. Cigars, sunglasses, jewelry, excursions, henna tattoos, hair braids, picture with the monkey, birds, or lizard.

Pools: Clean. We are beach bums, so I can’t really comment on the Pools. I wasn’t crazy about a bunch of people being in the pool with their hookah’s on the edge and their Bluetooth speakers.

Sister resorts: We walked nearly every part of the sister resorts. I was pleased with my choice to stay at ME. The beach area of Majestic Mirage appeared more crowded, with palapas closer together and a section of white framed bali beds. All three were very well kept.

Transportation: I know this is part of the resort review, but I want to add a quick note. Our flight to PUJ had a AC issue and had to turn around and return to IAD when half way to PUJ. This delayed our arrival. There was no issue getting the private transfer to and from the resort. This was handled by Blue Travel Partner Services.

Overall this was a very nice visit at Majestic Elegance. We have been coming here since 2006 and the area has really changed (I don’t recall even 1 traffic light in 2006). Thank you for providing us with a relaxing and fun family vacation.

Room tip: Building 2 is good location.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank beachbag4

Dear beachbag4,

Greetings from Majestic Elegance and thank you very much for taking the time to share your review here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our beautiful beach area and that you had a good experience at our restaurants throughout the resort.

It is truly a pleasure for us to receive your impressions of this trip and we are so pleased to read that you found it to be an enjoyable experience.

It certainly is our goal to provide exceptional vacation experiences for all of our guests and we are delighted to see that our team members went above and beyond to ensure that you had a wonderful and memorable stay here with us.

We assure you, we have immediately addressed the comments and suggestions you shared with my management team as part of our continuous efforts to provide a consistent guest experience.

We would be truly delighted to be chosen, once again, as your preferred vacation destination here in the beautiful Caribbean.