28,910 results
All reviews eden pool resort credit los gallos sun bar moon lounge rock spa isla restaurant central pool rock royalty zen restaurant members pool sax pool punta cana palace resorts presidential suite rock star main building
Reviewed August 22, 2016

At the ZEN restaurant (outiside bar) we met ELVER great bartender, he even sang his favorite artist for us go there every year and love it!!!!!
The bartenders at the EDEN pool also were great.
WE got a big room which was awesome as well!

Room Tip: Reserve with time
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
HRHCPuntaCana, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Hey Chiqui O, we’re delighted to hear you had a five star experience at our Hard Rock Hotel all thanks to Elver from our Zen Lounge! Thanks for reviewing us; we look forward to seeing you on a repeat stay! Rock On!

“This Review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana.”

Reviewed August 22, 2016

This was my first time in the Dominican Republic. I went with a group of 8 other adults.

The service for the most part was wonderful!
The food was very good. I do NOT recommend going to Isla. The food there is great however once we ordered we did not even get our appetizers for an hour and a half. Our waiter did not seem to care. Thankfully one of the bartenders came around and asked how it was going. When he heard he caused a fuss until we finally had our food! Once our appetizers were served I then found out that they did not have what I ordered, our waiter didn't offer anything else. The rest of the restaurants were delicious and we did not have that problem. Our favorite place to eat was definitly Zen

The pools are simply amazing. We spent most of our time at the Drums pool because of it's swim up bar. All of the pools do close at 7pm

Unless you want to pay for your drinks in the casino or pay for them in Oro (which you also have to pay an entrance fee) then theres really nothing to do at night. Most of the bars close early. The karaoke is open until 11:30 however we experienced a lot of kids there and there was hardly any seating

Tram service was great for getting around. If you were waiting for more than a minute or two there is always a phone close by so you can call and get one quickly.

Resort Credits are pretty much a joke. You have to pay a 20% fee to use them (which isn't the end of the world) however things are so marked up that you end up paying what it would typically cost. For example in the Resort Credit store the game of dominos was $100 so if you used your resort credits you would end up paying $20. If you go across the hallway to the general store dominos are $15 cash.

I did have a good time on this vacation as the resort is simply beautiful. I will definitly go back to the Dominican Republic, I just don't think I'd go back to this Hard Rock.

Room Tip: A building are closer to the beach and B buildings are closer to the lobby
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time you to post your recent experience in our hotel, Cassie L. We are very sorry for the hiccups you experienced during your stay with the service and the nightlife but we’re happy to hear you enjoyed your overall visit. We hope you give our hotel another try the next time you are in Sunny Punta Cana.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Let just start out by saying we normally stay at small adult only all inclusive resorts or Disney resorts. This year we decided to try something different for our anniversary because we though we were missing out on something. We were so wrong! We had a private check in and went through the the process really fast; there was an extremely long line at the regular check in counter. We were not provided with a lot of information at check in; wasn't provided with information until day 4 when I went to make a formal complaint. Then we were off to our room but the guy who checked us in gave us the wrong directions. We must have looked lost because an employee trying to sell something gave us the correct directions. This is pretty much how the entire vacation went; we were just passed of from one person to another all week. The resort was huge ad we didn't even see the whole resort. We walked the whole time but they do have a trolley system for people to use. The trolley was just never around when we were ready. We had a diamond Caribbean king room in building 4A, it was clean, the bed as so comfortable, air conditioning worked, and close to the beach. It was one of the better buildings. We had a couple of reported and unresolved minor problems with the room. The maid light is a a great concept but was broken and no even explained how it was suppose to work until our 4th day. Someone came to the room to fix it and told us yes it was broken and walked away. The jacuzzi cold water started to run on day two. My husband grabbed someone from the hall and they fixed it. On day 5 we used the jacuzzi and couldn't turn the cold water off at all. We called to get it fixed so they just came and turned it off from the water source. There were a few minor issues with the room but it was the under aged unsupervised kids running up and down the hallways every night (1 am) that really upset my husband. There was no security presence near our building at night so young children roamed free and you can hear everything going on in he halls. We came on vacation to get away from our adult children definitely didn't want to deal with other people's school aged children at 1 or 2 in the morning. The pools were great never really crowded and plenty of them available; including an adults only and members only pools. The beach was amazing! We did use the resort credit for a beach balis bed and it was well worth the hassle! The thing that really upset me was the resort credit. I researched the resort prior to staying and was aware that I order to use the resort credit you have to reserve the services you want. So I contacted the resort and made reservations prior to our arrival. Keep in mind you still pay 20 percent service charge, and our services were short changed or didn't follow the description each time. We had to go to the resort credit desk for vouchers. No problem right? Yes anytime one has to go to the resort credit desk expect to be passed on from person to person, people just pushing you out of the way in line, arguing, and fluctuating prices. I'm not going to even get into the issues with the resort credit but it is one of the biggest complaints anyone I spoke had. After spending three hours trying to get a bottle of wine with the resort credit they said they would deliver it no later than Wednesday, Wednesday no one know what I was talking about and I was passed on to three different people. While I felt with the resort credit desk my husband went to find someone to file a formal complaint and she came right over and resolved the issue right before the guy at the desk was getting ready to "leave" for the day before resolving out problem. We ordered the wine Wednesday they are suppose to walk over and get it and then hand it to you right there. Instead we received it Thursday. It sounds like petty complaint but when you add up the fluctuating cost of the wine and the number of hours and days we spent trying to get it and the number of people (7) we talked to get it; it was just unacceptable for something they do everyday! It was a huge waste of my time and I would have said beak with it but I was going to be charged 20 percent.
On our last day (day 6) someone called our room to see how our stay was going. After speaking with them they did give us a 100$ credit to our 20 percent service charges! Still won't return, I will stick with what I know.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
HRHCPuntaCana, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Hello TravelingGirl2017, thank you for taking the time to review us. It was truly an honor to have hosted you for your anniversary. We were pained to read about the mishaps you experienced while with us. It was unfortunate to read about the situation with the Resort Credits, we take every type of feedback seriously and we’ll be sure to share it with the team. It’s always our goal to provide our guests with great experiences and we’re pained this wasn’t your case. We truly hope to have you visit us again sometime in the near future so we can really impress you.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

We enjoyed our stay at the Hard Rock. The facility is gorgeous and the service was excellent in most cases. I must commend your management team. They came to our rescue on several occasions. This includes: Joshua over Butler Services, Sasa over Restaurant Services, Lorraine over Customer Service and Matthew over Spa Services. Their response time is immediate and they get resolution!

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

We’re delighted to hear you had a fabulous hotel experience due to the amazing service you received, gspears950! Thanks for the hat tip to Loraine, Sasa, Joshua and Matthew!! We can’t wait to welcome you back on a return visit soon! Rock On!

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Over all stay was mind blowing and the friendliness of all the staff were on point. Food was great. Drinks were amazing. Cleanliness was on point. Each and everyone that is an employee of HARDROCK HOTEL&Casino went above and beyond.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us, kickitwithrich! How nice to know you enjoyed the food and drinks but most of all, our sincere service! We hope you'll return for more fun in the sun! Rock On!