10,615 results
All reviewsjambalayala doradala coupolestar friendscajun restaurantspecialty restaurantssteakdominican republicmain buffetbeach barstar rock cafeother resortsbottled waterseafoodapple vacationsgot sickate at the japanese
Reviewed June 17, 2018

This is the second yera I went to the Iberostar Bavaro Suites . This Hotel is really at the top as well as cleaning , food ,animation and staff competence . What else ! The gardens are very nice despite of last year hurricanes .

Room Tip: All rooms are located in around a magnific tropical garden , so very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR as your holidays destination one more time.

It`s a pleasure knowing that we are able to met your expectations while you are here with us thanks to all our facilities, amazing service and the beauty of our establishment.

We are expecting a third visit, do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Today I had a wonderful massage on the Beach at
The Iberostar Bravaro Suites. Nadine was my technician. She did a fantastic job. My treatment was a relaxing massage. (Not to be confused with a deep tissue massage). Excellent pressure and she took the time to work on areas which needed attention from hours of computer work. The massage station is close enough to the beach that you can hear the ocean. There was a nearby volleyball game, but it was not distracting. There was not any additional foot traffic past the station. I would say this treatment was a great value. I will be visiting her again before I return home.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR and sharing this wonderful experience with the Tripadvisor community.

It is a pleasure to know that Nadine consented you with a wonderful massage, we like to highlight the professionalism and skill of our collaborator.

Of course your words will motivate others to give themselves a well deserved massage when they visit us.

Thank you for your words. We hope you continue enjoying your stay and that every massage they give you is to your liking.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We had our wedding at the beginning of December 2016 (i did not have this option so i chose 2017 but we actually travelled in 2016) at Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana. We were a group of 40 people ranging in age. There were 2 children in our group. We stayed for 1 week.

Check in: This part was a little confusing. I had made some specific requests when booking through our travel agent. I was told that they might not be able to accommodate these requests but when we arrived to check in I was never told wether or not they were able to accommodate. The number system for the rooms was not explained to us as so at first I thought we were being put into a room right next to my in-laws (not exactly what I was hoping for on our wedding week). I'm still not sure how that happened- I think they were assiging rooms based on last names. This did get fixed eventually. Otherwise check in was good. It took a while as there were many of us but that is normal. I did find out that some of our guests had no hot water or no power in the room when they arrived but they just called front desk and someone was sent to fix this. One of our guests got what I think might have been our "welcome treats" as the bride and groom, instead of us. This happened for a few days until they told front desk what was happening and then we started to receive them.

Weather: The weather was great. It rained some nights in the middle of the night or early morning, but everything was clear and sunny by at latest 9am. We had rain once during the day and still there were plenty of places to go to enjoy our time.

Hotel: The hotel itself is gorgeous. So many places to lounge that are amazing. I did not find that all the great places were taken all of the time. People were always able to find beach chairs regardless of the many people leaving towels on chairs and taking off. We were always able to find a great spot by the pool bar for a small group of us.
The layout of the resort can be a little confusing at first. I printed out maps for everyone. The map definitely helped me out when I was trying to find certain places. The grounds were beautifully kept.

Pool: The pool bar was great. Many different groups of people. Good service, but just like many other resorts not enough staff at the bar during peak pool times. The pool itself was clean and had many shallow areas. The entertainment by the pool was great, and many people loved the water aerobics.

Beach: The beach was gorgeous. Great swimming, great sand, lots of space. There were people trying to sell you trips and things like this but if you say no they stop. Along the beach there was some great little shops. The people here were a little more pushy, but just go in knowing that you will have to say no to them unless your looking to spend a lot.

Restaurants: Many choices for restaurants. I did not have a problem with any of the food. I don't eat red meat, pork or seafood and there was plenty for me. The restaurants themselves were very nice and service was great. We just called in the morning to make reservations for that day and did not normally have an issue. A few days we decided to just show up to a restaurant to eat and it only happened once where we went somewhere else because of the wait time. The staff can speak some english but knowing spanish would help you.

Kids: Our 2 nephews ages 6 and 3 had a blast. The kids pool was a hit with them as well as the kids shows in the evening. They also enjoyed the activities put on by the resort.

Nightlife: The shows were ok, but I was not as interested in this. Others in our group said they were very good. There were 2 lobbies that our group would split up and go to for the shows depending on what was playing. The lobby bars always seemed the most lively and service was fast here. A small group of us always ended up at the disco. Sometimes it was a hit, sometimes it was calmer. We had a group so we made the best of it regardless.

Casino: I did not spend much time here but my husband and many of his friends did. They seemed to like it. I found it a bit cold and quiet.

Rooms: I really liked the room. I was spacious and cool. The balcony was nice to sit on. The only complaint are the ants, but honestly it was not that bad. Room service was great.

Wedding: This process was seamless. The wedding coordinator was awesome and very much on top of everything. We set up a meeting date the day we arrived. The meeting was great. We went through everything and sampled our deserts. I elected not do a run through of the ceremony as I wanted to spend more time with friends and family but it was an option, which i imagine would be great for some brides.
We got ready at the spa - had our hair and makeup done. This was quick and efficient. The service was great and i felt very calm because of this.
The ceremony was great everything was beautifully set up. The officiant was great. (we elected a symbolic ceremony but no one could tell). After the ceremony we did group pictures and guests started to go to the cocktail hour area. I found this a bit of a walk but it was not horrible as most people had been sitting for a while anyway.
Photograph: We chose Nicholas who works with the resort - he was AMAZING. Such a fun personality, which made taking those awkward couple photos so much easier. He took some truly amazing photos. Because it was almost christmas the lobby has many christmas lights and this made for a beautiful backdrop for many photos. We were able to pick our photos and take them home with us before we left.
We selected the garden for the cocktail hour. We arrived later as we were doing photos but the area was nice. It did get very dark which made it hard for photos and there were lots of bugs. The music trio were great, I definitely recommend them. The food was also good from what I was able to see.
We rented out a restaurant for the wedding - this was beautifully set up and service was great. My only complaint here was that the background music was not turned off during speeches and had somehow gotten switched to something other than the music that was provided. A few people had asked for the music to be turned off but it didn't. Otherwise everything was great.
We got the ballroom with the light up dance floor for the dancing part of the evening. This was well worth it. The ballroom was huge and so having the dance floor kind of kept everyone in one area and encouraged more dancing. The deserts were kind of off into one corner and seemed to be forgotten about - i think having them beside the bar might have been better. The bar was great, fast service. The DJs were great. They did move away from my provided music every once in a while but it is part of their job to keep the flow going. There were some fun things like the balloons (big hit with the kids) and some singing along with a mic being passed around. The best added touch was the fire show?? not sure what to call it, during the bride and groom dance. It was lovely. The wedding coordinator showed up at some point in the night to make sure everything was going well- That was very nice of her and I was thankful for that visit.

Overall the trip was AMAZING. I would recommend it to others looking to get married here or even just take a trip here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire IBEROSTAR team, we would like to thank you for choosing us to celebrate your wedding on the property and, above all, for sharing your wonderful experience with the entire Tripadvisor community.

We are very pleased to know that the main reason you visited us was a success thanks to the performance of our team. We definitely do everything in our power to make these occasions unforgettable for guests.

From what we can read, in general you have been satisfied with everything offered during your stay as it was our gastronomy, facilities, nightlife on the property and other aspects mentioned.

Also, we apologize for the inconvenience with the check-in process, sometimes the information between the agencies and the hotel is a bit confusing, but as you could see, while our guests stay with us, we do everything that is our reach so that they feel comfortable while they are staying with us.

Once again, thank you very much for your words and for recommending our establishment.

We hope to have the happiness of your visit very soon. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with your next reservation.

Best Regards,

Quality Manager Online
IBEROSTAR Dominican Republic

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We just got back from vacation on June 8, 2018 and spent 6 nights at this resort. We had a great time. The staff was super friendly and helpful although English is not well spoken for most part...which is to be expected. We loved our maid, and our daughter loved speaking Spanish to her. She even brought roses for my daughter, and was very thorough with cleaning up, and making sure we had towels and washcloths. The room did have a bit of a musty humid odor, but to be expected being that close to beach and humidity. I was in Jamaica last August and it was the same way there. The food was hit or miss. We did love the Hibachi. The only thing I think needs changed as far as food is to offer more Gluten Free items for our daughter has gluten allergy. I think another good idea would be for you to get restaurant menu's at check in to see what they offer, and buffet should give details as to what night it is. EXAMPLE: Mexican, Italian etc. so people know before hand. The beach was fabulous!! I loved the tiki huts!! The resort was very clean, and we felt very safe there. Security was everywhere. Another idea would be to list the entertainment for the week etc.

Room Tip: We stayed in VIlla 14- great location. Close to beach, pool and lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Shelby R
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot to review in this community about your amazing experience in IBEROSTAR.

We have loved the words you use to give a description of our destination to futures travelers. A happy guest is the best prize we can receive after doing our job, so thank you for sharing your positive experience.

It`s a pleasure reading your kind words for our staff, their kindness and helpfulness being undoubtedly one of our hotel's main assets we will definitely congratulate them all on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing whilst staying among us.

On the other hand, thanks for mentioning those aspects about our gastronomy, which we will be taking into account to apply the relevant corrections.

Once again, thanks for your words. The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back here in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

2nd time around at the Iberostar Bavaro with wife and kids.
Friendly staff throughout the resort. Special thanks to Mabel for accommodating our room request.
Ready made omelettes and fresh fruit every morning for breakfast. Good selection of options for everyone.
Beach side grill is a must for lunch.
Booked a few a la cart restaurants, Japanese was our favourite.
Buffet got a bit repetitious over the 10 days but again, pretty good selection of options overall.
Kids loved the ice cream stand by the pool!

Like many other reviews, lots of sea grass but the staff did their best to trying to clean up the beach.

Loved the theme nights and entertainment. Only issue was the amount of smokers. Maybe having a section for non smokers or kids would be smart.

Take a walk up the beach and visit the beach hut stores. Be prepared to bargain. Pretty much the same stuff at all the huts but the prices vary. Usually ended up paying a third of the asking price.

Kids had a great time at the kids club and kids zone. The staff there were amazing.

Overall, great stay and value for an all inclusive.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank dexterdogcanada

Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire IBEROSTAR team, we thank you for choosing us for the second time for your holidays destination and to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

It is a pleasure to know that we have been able to offer you a pleasant stay in the property thanks to all our facilities, gastronomy and service received.

On the other hand, we regret that you had to witness the seaweed season on the beach, which we tried to clean in the best possible way.

Also, we thank you for sharing your suggestions with other users.

We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with your next reservation.

Quality Manager Online