US$463
US$159
Official Site
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

US$355
US$256
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$311/night.

Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
US$266
US$155
Melia.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
Occidental Punta Cana(Bavaro)
US$119
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Karibo Punta Cana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$49
US$226
US$206
US$112
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

14,010 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetbluewater grillentertainment teampreferred poolbig daddyantonio banderaspreferred statusmoments barpreferred areaspice restaurantpreferred roompunta canatropical viewbruno marsscooby doofire show
Reviewed June 25, 2015

I'd like to start off by thanking our Butler Warnes (Warner) he was excellent and truly wanted to make our experience a memorable one. A lot of the reviews on here were good but the bad ones are the ones that stuck with me and I'd like to say that all the stuff they experienced didnt happen on our trip. The people were so friendly no matter where you were in the resort you were always greeted with a friendly "hola" from all the members of the staff. At the restaurants the staff also was so friendly they'd recognize you and come over and say hello give you a high five or a pound. At Castaways one of the gentlemen memorized our morning drink orders and had them ready for us without us even having to ask. All the food was pretty good the worst restaurant which could absolutely be skipped out on I would have to say is the American restaurant Blue Water Grill, but realistically American food is the worst food generally speaking. People who complain about the food on here are kind of annoying because obviously its not going to be authentic its all Dominicans making french, italian, mexican and Asian food. The best food was Carnival International Buffet they had the biggest variety of food and they served Dominican Food which was really good. The bar tenders were also super friendly and really fun, and sometimes if you ordered the same thing too many times they would tell you no and make you try something else which was always super delicious and a nice change. The entertainment team was incredible, everynight before the main event they would have dancing and the entertainment team would go into the crowd and grab people and have them dance with them in the plaza it was really fun to watch young people and older people get up and dance and come out of their comfort zone the main event was always super entertaining they definitely put on a great show! and they are working all day, at the pool in the morning and afternoon they have water aerobics and dancing and games to play which is cool to break up the monotony of just laying out by the pool. Any one who said that it was too loud was crazy because our room was right outside the pool area and when the balcony door was closed you couldnt hear anything so sleeping isnt hard to do.Our room was really nice the bathroom was so big and bed was so comfortable and so big, the balcony was perfect to go outside and have a drink and smoke a cigar or for a nice night in the jacuzzi which Warner set up for us on our last night he made it really special and romantic with bubbles and flowers. We had the preferred club room and we highly recommend that to anyone who is going here. I know people said it wasnt worth it but the people who complained on here the most and said it didnt seem worth it were the people who didnt upgrade and its not that much more money, but you honestly get the best when you are preferred. the lounge they had for the preferred club was so cool you could check out right there instead of going to the front desk and any problems you may have encountered they could fix, also the bartender Maria was great she made delicious drinks and was super friendly the snacks they have there are also a nice little hold me over after being in the sun drinking all day before getting ready for dinner. everything was kept really clean and really neat. One thing that we saw alot on the reviews was that the language barrier was so bad, it was not at all. Everyone who you needed to speak to spoke English and if they couldnt understand what you were saying they found someone who could, while their English wasnt perfect they knew enough to understand you and for you to understand them and what people need to remember is this is their country and you have to respect that and the fact that they are making the effort.
overall the trip was great we had a wonderful time the location was beautiful the people were great and we'd definitely stay here again, we were even looking at other now resorts in other countries for our next vacation.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank 883dana
Reviewed June 25, 2015 via mobile

I have been lucky enough to go to the Caribbean a few times and this is my 2nd visit to Punta Cana. My review will hopefully be constructive:

1. Hotel location is great, only 20-30mins from the airport. The downside was we couldn't find out private taxi booked via Thomas Cook due to no signage, eventually we were tracked down by the taxi driver.
2. Hotel is very well presented and quite large, it is however not 5 star as stated, I have stayed in 4 star and 4 star plus hotels which look the same.
3. If you are NOT willing to upgrade to 'Preferred' (about an extra £300 per person per 2 weeks) you will not be entitled to:
Free wifi, daily news paper, certain lunch time restaurants, private members pool area, branded spirits/beer. In all honesty we thought the wifi was the biggest joke. You have to pay around $25 for 25 hours. Most of the hotels I have stayed in wifi comes as standard, it's such a small thing but if you want to contact loved ones at home you need to bear this in mind or you will incur usual mobile phone charges for roaming etc.
4. Some of the staff are very good, our maid was nice and always did a good job. Some of the staff were quite rude and a lot of them if not all expected to be tipped, something us brits are not use too but seems quite bizarre when in an all inclusive facility.
5. If you are a gym goer, the gym is small and fairly well equiped apart from the intermittent air con, expect to sweat even on a warm up
6. If you have booked with Thomas Cook signature there isn't a representative at this hotel and it's all virtual, you can call them or whatsapp them but the communication isn't great.
7. food/restaurants are fine, plenty of variety
7.a) Capers Italian restaurant has a lot to be desired, not sure how you can get pesto tagliatelle so wrong!!
8. Plenty of activities during the night and day

Overall this is a nice hotel but for all the negative reviews, I have to agree with most of them, all holidays have niggles though. I enjoyed my holiday but wouldn't be returning anytime soon.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Vitalityfitness
Reviewed June 24, 2015

Room was beautiful and comfortable.
June weather was perfect
Buffet and on campus restaurants had excellent food
Resort is all inclusive! Other than shops and excursions no additional money was needed during our 6 day stay.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 2 on the 4th floor ok view but right by the beach and pool
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Jennifer M
Hotel Manager D, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2015

Dear Jennifer M,

We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us .We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Now Larimar Punta Cana.

On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays.

Looking forward to see you soon.

Warm regards,

Angel Holgado
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2015

The resort was really beautiful , well maintain and easy to get around, our room was clean and spacious , we were expecting a tropical view which wasn't so that was a little disappointing. It consist of 1 palm tree and the resort vehicle service road. ( not a tropical view to me ) . The food was not as good as we expected. The BEST was our preferred member pool bartender Antonio Banderas !!! He made sure our drinks where just the we like it.. He was entertaining , funny , and cheerful, he made our stay enjoyable.. The nightly entertainment was awesome , don't miss the Beach Party fire show.

Room Tip: Inter rooms around the pool really looked awesome !!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deeone18

Dear Deeone18,

We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay in our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations at Now Larimar Punta Cana; and on your behalf we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.

Let me assure you that we have taken your feedback about our food very sincerely and will not leave anything to better our services and live up to the esteemed expectations of our most valued patrons, such as you, on your future visits.

On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays and to celebrate such important moment.

Warm regards,

Angel Holgado
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2015

My week in Punta Cana (June 6-13) was one of the best weeks of my life, and I have NOW Larimar to thank for that. Because my parents, brother, sister and I have taken vacations to all-inclusive resorts prior to staying at NOW Larimar, we had expectations as to what our time away from home should be like. From the moment we stepped foot on the resort, these expectations were already exceeded. My family enjoyed going to breakfast buffets in the morning, eating on the beach in the afternoon, and dressing up and going to one of the many different cuisines offered for dinner. The dinner service was fast! We did not have to wait in between courses which made it easier to stay at the pool/beach longer, have time to get ready for dinner, and still make it to the night entertainment. One evening, my family ate at the Hibachi grill, which was a great experience!

The night shows were remarkable. One night, there was a tribute show in which the entertainment staff choreographed routines and sang to classic songs. It was highly entertaining! Other nights, there was a fire show, a beach party, karaoke night, an international show, or DJ parties. Before the shows, the entertainment staff would ask guests to dance with them while a band played. Furthermore, the Disco and Sports Bar were open well into the night. The entertainment staff would go to the disco and get people up and dancing!

The biggest part of why my family’s stay at NOW Larimar was so excellent was the people we met. The wait staff at breakfast buffets had great energy and it was a wonderful feeling when we walked in each day and they remembered who we were. Additionally, the security guards around the resort were extremely friendly. The shuttle drivers, which brought guests from The Garden View resort to the main plaza, were welcoming! In particular, one driver my family had often was Junior. You can tell he loves his job! Furthermore, Santo and Domingo who worked in The Garden View were hilarious. Reyes, a worker in the lobby at The Garden View, has an extremely big heart and went out of his way to make my family’s stay more than comfortable. Even though we upgraded rooms to the main building, we visited Reyes each day, because he was just so special and amiable! The manager of The Garden View, Pilar, was so nice! She took time out of her schedule to meet us, and struck up conversation when she saw us around the resort.

In addition to the staff already mentioned, the entertainment team was outstanding. In particular, Bruno Mars and Will Smith were extraordinary! Bruno’s positive energy and uplifting attitude was infectious. It was easy to tell he enjoys making other people happy. Bruno was always the first one to pull a prank on guests, but at the end of the day, he made everyone feel like family. And let me tell you, the boy can dance! Additionally, Will Smith is one of the most genuine people I have met. His kind personality and big heart make him an unforgettable addition to the entertainment team. He was personable and could have a good conversation with anyone! It was great to see him dressed up in costumes throughout the day, and dancing with him at nightly entertainment events. Shaggy was also phenomenal in getting people to participate in games, specifically pool games such as the Olympic Games, or balloon races. Other entertainment staff that made our trip amazing: Conan, Coca Cola, Gerald, Billy Chapman, and B-Boy. At the end of the week, it was hard to say goodbye!

I cannot speak highly enough of the entertainment staff and how they truly made my family’s trip to the Dominican Republic one we will cherish! NOW Larimar is a beautiful resort, with great entertainment, amazing food and wonderful people! I would go back to NOW Larimar in a heartbeat. Overall, my family’s trip to Punta Cana is one we will never forget.

Room Tip: The Garden View rooms are a little more quiet and secluded. A thirty second golf cart ride will bring you to the main resort where all the night events occur. It is perfect for people look for a quieter stay. The main resort is closer to the pool and beach and is surrounded by all of the action. Both places are marvelous, it just depends on what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family