eDreams
Priceline
StayForLong
Destinia.com
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2017

During my first trip to Chile, I ventured with friends south to Castro on Chiloe Island. The Hotel Unicornio Azul was a good find given the limitations of hotel space. The building is very pretty online, but up close, it shows its age. The entire staff were pleasant and helpful. The rooms were sparse and comfortable. The shower was hot and towels soft. Be prepared for a walk up many stairs if you have a preference for a room with a view. The breakfast was descent, though I would have liked fresh bread. The Hotel is a short walk to a wonderful coffee shop (Palafito Patagonia), to a water cruise, and the local souvenir market. The Hotel serves dinner, and there is nice fish restaurant across the street. A good walk up the hill to the city center and main church will take a little effort. Castro is a must visit location on Chiloe; hopefully the hotel inventory will improve with time.

Room tip: Nice views nearby
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

A lovely place to stay "a night", because the wood floor makes to loudly the walking through the entire hotel, even the visitors any small loud they or you make, is easy to heard around the entire hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2016

The quality of the room and beds was quiter poor, compared to the quite high price we paid. Also, the wall seperating our bedroom and bathroom from those of our neighbors was so thin, I could literally follow their conversations through the wall. Breakfast was relatively poor as well. For the rest this hotel was okay.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank m_mattthis_m
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Actually a great hotel, and well located, on the water, in Castro, and a few hundred yards from the local fishing port and market. The rooms are odd shaped, the building bubblegum pink, the welcome as warm as the pink color. Notice to older patrons: NO elevator to take your bags to the 3rd floor, but willing and able staff.

It had a HOT shower, yeah! I encountered two too many cold showers in other hotels in Chile. The breakfasts are nothing to write home about. Location, location, location

Room tip: The waters encircling Chiloe Island are across the street. I loved my room with a sloped ceiling. Nice view of the water.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KFM214
Reviewed February 8, 2016

I LOVED my stay at Hote Unicornio Azul. It is convenient to the town, markets and transportation while having a lovely waterfront view.
The staff is warm, welcoming and extremely helpful.
We did not dine there except for breakfast. The breakfast was a buffet and options were plentiful.

Room tip: We enjoyed a room in the tower but there seemed to be lots of other very interesting rooms with views
Date of stay: April 2015