All reviews great house atlantic side thursday night afternoon tea the cottages palm trees st kitts our honeymoon breakfast is served the general manager pub crawl the reefs dinner menu water taxi feel like family four seasons each evening
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I loved my stay at the Nisbet Plantation hotel. from the very warm welcome from Tim the manager, to the lovely staff, especially Angela and Nicole, who made me feel so cared for and were great company, even though I was travelling alone.The Great house was a beautiful place to have dinner, sophisticated with fantastic food and drink. The Great House bar was also worth a visit and quite special. The grounds were stunning, studded with palm trees, with dramatic views of the Nevis volcano and neighbouring St Kitts. Occasional visits from wild donkeys or a cow on the beach, only added to the delight of my stay. my room was very comfortable with views of the wild Atlantic and the sound of the crashing waves. what an amazing hotel and one I would highly recommend if you like quirky and individual with great hospitality, this is the place to go!

Stayed: August 2018
Tim T, General Manager at Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear samantha v,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure of your company again; we will be waiting with open arms!

Very best,

Reviewed September 16, 2018

My wife and I spent a week in July, our first visit, and we must say it was the most relaxing, stress free vacation we have ever been on. As stated in many reviews it is the wonderful staff that sets the Nisbet apart from any island vacation we have ever been on. Nothing is too much trouble. Their main focus is to provide you with the best time possible. From Tim the GM (had lunch with him first day) to the gentleman raking the paths and beach area in the morning, "Everyone" and I mean everyone, is always smiling and happy. The Upper room, Pembroke, that we stayed in was kept spotless and cleaned twice a day, in fact all the shampoo and soaps were arrange everyday as if it was your first arrival. The room itself was just wonderful with a large balcony with ocean views. The breakfasts were great with many choices and the location was right on the beach. Even though this was our first visit to Nisbet we were invited to the returning guest cocktail party as we had stayed at it's sister property, The Reefs in Bermuda, years ago, nice touch. The BBQ one evening was wonderful and they even had a well known guest chef I believe from the UK. All dinners in the Great House were magnificent in every area and was worthy of a five star restaurant. Again, for the most relaxing, stress free vacation, I fully recommend the Nisbet Plantation. We are already planning a return visit in 2019. Thank you Nisbet staff for being the best!!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 9thtimes
Tim T, General Manager at Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear 9thtimes,
Wow! Thank you for such a full and glowing review! It was an absolute pleasure, and we eagerly anticipate your return!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

The room was exceptional, in good repair, regularly cleaned with towels changed daily.
The Great House is a very nice setting, very clean with attention to detail from the staff and management alike.
The breakfast served at the Beach Bar was also excellent and the Special's menu worth trying.
The only down side to the whole holiday experience was the amount of sea weed in the sea and washed up on the beach. It gave off an unpleasant odour, coloured the sea and washed up on the beach despite the ground staff's best efforts

Room Tip: You must try the evening meal service as the quality of food and the service delivery is a credit to Tim and Tina's management approach
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frances G

Dear Frances G,
Thank you for your lovely review! I am happy to say, that the seaweed seems to be abating! We are not quite done, but our fingers are crossed. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we do hope you will return many times again.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Nisbet is just magical. Beautiful place, gorgeous land and sea scapes, a host of things to do on site and on the island and Tim,Tina and all the staff are wonderful.Save your money and take the family.

Room Tip: We had wonderful adjoining rooms with the kids.They're all well situated.If in doubt,call the helpful receptionists before booking.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Daydream259364
Tim T, General Manager at Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Daydream259364
What a lovely review: thank you!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

This review is rather late as I stayed in October 17 as Nisbet re opened after the hurricanes. I just wanted to thank the staff for treating me and my rather elderly parents so well and doing their best to make our holiday so special while completing some of the restoration work. An example of the lengths some of the staff will do to go beyond good service was illustrated my my Dad enquiring about having some Nevisian black sausage for breakfast and Violet making a detour on her shopping day to source it for him and Pam and the front desk helping him with an unexpected hitch with his travel insurance. While we stayed everyone was finding their feet a bit after the storms but I enjoyed some of the temporary changes such as the increased soft seating round the pool (shame we missed regular live music - I hope that has been reinstated). We saw plenty of wildlife including the monkeys most early mornings and the tracks of a massive turtle that laid its eggs on the beach one night. Thanks Tim, Tina, Pam, Don, Dan, Kaddy, Roslyn, Violet, Glendina, Winston, Calvin and everyone else. We haven't forgotten you and we will be back in a couple of years -perhaps with some young folk this time.

Nevis is wonderful (hire a car for the day) and well worth the additional hop though I must point out that twice out of the three times I have visited I have had problems with BA getting us home late.

Nisbet is a very special place and although I wouldn't recommend it for someone wanting high tech, high design, every 5 star facility and fawning impersonal service it hits the spot for me.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank geebLondon
Tim T, General Manager at Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear geebLondon,
Well this review was worth waiting for! Thank you. I don't think I knew about the Nevisian Black sausage! And certainly we had lots of love music during the busy season: we are back in to the slow days of Summer now....but loving the constant cooling breezes. The turtles are back, so life is good. Please come back again soon.