Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2016

Friendly place with owner family which is good. The best coconuts breakfast steam cooked especially if you are coconuts addicted like me ! They are really supportive in case you need something, they will indicate perfectly, provide informations... Local bus really convenient to move around.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 8, 2016 via mobile

Gallery house was an oasis and a peaceful haven for me to come home to whilst I in travelled throughout Sri Lanka. I stayed off and on there many nights during my 2 months in SL. I was always warmly welcomed by Sanjaya, Bhagya, Amandi and Lily the cutest canine. The cosy, comfortable room, the beautifully designed house, the green, private garden, the absolutely divine food were all very unique and special. Miss you Gallery House, I hope to stay there again some time!

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed March 14, 2016

From the minute we arrived Sanjaya and his family were the epitome of the famous warm Sri Lankan hospitality. We arrived in the evening after catching a train from Kandy to Colombo with our twin four year olds who were tired and agitated! We were greeted with a delicious Sri Lankan dinner of a generous serving of egg hoppers, hoppers, chicken curry and condiments. The house itself is a beautiful example of tropical modernism, being the first building designed by a student of the renowned Geoffrey Bawa called C.Anjalendran. The bedroom was very comfortable with crisp sheets, cool (a/c and fan) and clean, as was the bathroom and the hot shower. They had even put up a special mosquito net tent for our twin four year olds to sleep in which they were delighted about. They also provided Sri Lankan children's books in English which thrilled the girls. Breakfast was also a treat of fresh fruit, more tasty curry, milk rice, eggs and toast for our girls and the ubiquitous pot of tea. The family went out of their way to make us happy such as providing some warm milk and sugar for our fussy girls. Sanjaya and Bhagya's daughter Amandi was so gentle and patient with our girls playing them Frozen songs on the piano, drawing them pictures of Elsa and Anna and generally entertaining them! Our hosts directed us to the local swimming pool which was only a few minutes walk from the house and the perfect outing for the children. We were also privileged to meet the neighbours who are batik artisans and demonstrated the painstaking process for us. It was a very relaxing atmosphere and Sanjaya and Bhagya were a fountain of information with all our questions about Sri Lanka. We cannot speak highly enough of Sanjaya and his family and were sad to say goodbye.

Room tip: The upstairs room was good for our family
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Christine T
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

Gallery House was probably the best homestay experience I've had. Sanjaya and his family are so kind and hospitable and go out of their way to make you feel right at home. Delicious traditional Sri Lankan meals are cooked with love for you, and the rooms are very clean, private and cozy. I feel fortunate to have come across this delightful homestay, I got a taste of true and authentic Sri Lankan culture. Sanjaya was also kind enough to take me around Colombo and show me the many amazing shops! Both him and his wife are very knowledgable about places to go and things to do and are more than happy to help you with whatever you may need. They recognized my love for Yoga and so I would wake up to the sounds of mantras coming from the speakers of their house :) Very thoughtful hosts! I would highly recommend Gallery House to anyone traveling through Colombo and who would like a unique and fantastic homestay experience! Thank you Gallery House!

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed August 6, 2015 via mobile

My friend and I chose to stay here for our last night before I flew out of Sri Lanka and we couldn't of picked a better place to stay.
What a lovely, welcoming family who made us feel right at home and helped us with our every need! They even let us watch Harry potter while having a glass of wine :-)
I will be certain to stay here again if I return to Sri Lanka and would recommend anyone visiting to stay, I'm only sad we only stayed 1 night!
Their pooch lily is super cute and always wants a cuddle too! She even helped me pack my backpack!

Date of stay: August 2015