“Early Dining Gem! ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

My goodness! Lived in the village 6 months now and only visited this place this Thursday. I had the Ravioli con Funghi, my partner had stroganoff di manzo, plus we had a side of chips and garlic bread (carb suicide!). Everything was bang on perfect. The most delicious food I have tasted in a long while! Authentic, fresh, hearty. Great service too. Definately worth a visit, plus I think its the only restaurant in the village that opens at 5pm which is great for families with children or elderlies. Just wish the place was bigger. Hats off to the Chef - he truly cooks everything with precision and with LOVE!

Reviewed June 21, 2017

Went for an early evening meal mid week and was surprised to see how busy the restaurant was. We had booked a table so were seated quickly and can honestly say were very pleased with the meals on offer. I would say there were choices to serve every palate. Our meals were very tasty and filling, shame we didn't have room for one of the delightful desserts on offer. Maybe next time.

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

When this place first opened we tried it straight away - as locals we are keen to support our businesses. It was dismal and we didn't go back. But the other night we were walking past with hungry tummies and decided to give it another go.

It was ok, but attention to detail is missing. The service - we felt the staff were going through the motions - nothing awful just not great.
I ordered a negroni because I felt in the mood for a glamorous cocktail. It came in a small shabby water glass with one lump of ice and without the advertised twist of orange peel.

My ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach contained hard little pellets of filling although the sauce was lovely.

They forgot my side salad but apologised and it wasn't on the bill.

The wine was pleasant and our window table super.

It's not bad but bishops waltham deserves something really good

I'd adore it if this little place bucked up

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

Quite simply excellent value, fantastic food, great service and an unbelievable selection, especially for vegetarians. Just go here, you won't regret it.

Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

So, four adults and five children between 10 and 17.

We had mainly pizza which was as good as ever. I really like a fairly thin crust rather than a mountain of dough. To my mind, it's really good.

Charlie and her team are so good at what they do and the ambience was great.

I sneaked in a pud. Which I never normally do, but the pud is always not heavy and very good indeed