“Great burger and fries”

David's Burgers
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Though the name David’s Burgers may be a fairly new name to you, it’s actually rooted in a deep family history of restauranteurs, tradition and craftsmanship. David Alan Bubbus created David’s Burgers as a tribute to his father, David Bubbus Sr., who had become a master butcher at the age of sixteen. Mr. Bubbus Sr. grew up in Central Arkansas and began his career in the meat industry at the age of five working for Johnny Jacobs Meat Market in North Little Rock. He managed his first restaurant, the JaMar in Pine Bluff, at the age of nineteen in 1963 and opened his own restaurant, El Matador, in Pine Bluff, Arkansas in1967. For over half a century, Mr. Bubbus Sr. has been instrumental in developing numerous restaurants, restaurant chains and even franchises (such as Chicken Country) throughout Arkansas while bringing his knowledge, passion and insistence of quality to the plates of millions of patrons. David Bubbus Sr. is the Butcher Boy.David’s Burgers is founded on the knowledge and principles of David Bubbus Sr. along with the traditions and craftsmanship found in master butcher shops. The black and white pictures you see on the walls are our family pictures. They’re our way of welcoming you into our home and we hope they will take you back to a time when things were simple and straightforward, which is what we’re all about. We are the only hamburger restaurant with beef that is handcut from US Choice Chuck and ground for that days use. You can see our US Choice Chuck displayed proudly in a nostalgic butcher case at our entrance. We never include trimmings, fillers or other inferior beef by-products. The foundation of our traditional hamburger is simply incredible beef with the highest standard of quality control. Our fries are hand cut potatoes made fresh throughout the day. There’s an amazing amount of passion and detail that goes into our food. It’s our hope that you have an extraordinary experience with excellent service and we sincerely thank you for being our guest!
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit and it was great. My family is a fan of Five Guys and I’d go here over Five Guys any day. Staff was friendly and inviting as soon as we walked in the door. The price is higher then fast food, but less then Five Guys, but the quality is worth the price. The double with 2 slices of cheese I ordered was a great burger. It had a great crust, seasoning was really good(maybe heavy for some). The fries are excellent and fresh cut. They bring fries by your table while you wait for your food to be cooked. My 10 year couldn’t decide on the kids burger or a single so the guy asked him how about a double kids? It was just a single they made into two paddies, but he thought it was something new they could sell. He also loves his and ate the entire double kids. You will not be disappointed in this place if you like a good burger.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Flow of fries and quality, great! The burger was average and too costly. Need $3.49 coupon to be worth going

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

This is my second time eating at this Davids Burgers and it certainly was better than my first time. The meals were served quickly and the burger tasted just fine. Fries were borderline ok.... and they do give you a generous helping of "free" fries when you sit down. Plus a little tasty dessert for free too!! Great service. Nice atmosphere. Almost like a 1960's soda shop

1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

This is a good burger joint. I like meat cooked to the well done stage so I had to send my burger back for a re-cook. The fries are never-ending!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

When I first walked in I was a little skeptical of the prices. It's $9.99 for a single burger, fries and a drink. Placed my order, sat down, and a waitress shows up immediately to drop some delicious fries down while I waited for my meal. I've never seen that before and these fries are good!! Not a minute later my burger (with more fries shows up). The burger was perfect. Soft bun, tender beef, perfect taste. Then, as I'm wrapping my meal up they bring me the perfect little serving of free ice cream. I was only in Little Rock for a week but I literally picked a place from the TA top ten list every day. I ate out twice a day. This place was the only one that lived up to its ranking. All of the other places were good, but this place deserved that number one.