“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Paragould
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Paragould
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Everything from the check in through the check out and in between was great! Service by the staff was excellent. The rooms were very clean, fresh, and new furnishings. Good location. Breakfast good. I will definitely come back when I come back in a few weeks!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Had a problem with the front staff from the minute I walked in. Got to the hotel at around 7:30 PM and waited until nearly 8 PM until someone came in to the front to check me in -- he said he was just in the back. I even tried to call the office while I was waiting and it rang for literally 5 minutes, no one picked up. Then, upon checkout, I was told that my personal card would be billed and not the corporate card my company had billed through a booking website. The card they tried to bill was a personal card I run for incidentals. I'm not quite sure why my personal card was placed as the primary payment method when I specifically stated that it was just for incidentals (again, looking at the staff present when I checked in). Somehow they got everything switched up.

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and have never had an issue with charging a corporate card through a booking website. Not the best way to start a morning knowing that now I have to deal with my corporate office in getting this payment reimbursed.

Depending on how difficult it is for this reimbursement will dictate whether I use this specific Holiday Inn or not. As I travel all the time for work, I always try to go to the Holiday Inn because they always seem to provide the best service and the best value to my stay. Unfortunately, this time, I felt the front office did not provide that feeling.

When I voiced my dissatisfaction and stated I probably wouldn't book with this hotel again, the front office person made a smarmy smile and, with a sarcastic tone, said, "Well, good. You have a nice day." Not very professional, Holiday Inn. Not very professional at all. It was especially frustrating that her assistant manager was standing to her side when she made such a comment.

I haven't had a bad experience with anything else! The morning breakfasts are always stocked very nicely. The cinnamon rolls are delicious. The staff lady that I've met there is super sweet. They provided a reason why my room was not cleaned (I keep the do not disturb sign up and clean as much as I can before leaving to make their job easier). I thought this was an excellent idea because, although I am not worried about the room's cleanliness since I literally only sleep there, someone who would be concerned about a situation can be reminded of the reason their room was not clean. Very smart! The house keeping lady is also very sweet as I spoke with her as well. The TVs are nice. AC's/Heat make the room comfortable. I really enjoy the location. It's just down from the locations I need to be and a quick jump down the highway to Jonesboro. Though the wifi is rather slow and the signal is something left to be desired, I can't fault the hotel for it because it is a rather large building and I know that wifi is difficult to maintain.

It's just sad that in the upcoming months I will need to visit Paragould more times and may stay at a lesser quality hotel because I can't afford to have them bill my bank accounts for business trips every single time.

I put Average because like I said in the title, the accommodations are decent for the price but had a negative experience with what really matters to me, the people.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jeff C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paragould, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Jeff C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all
of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the less than satisfactory experience you came across with our Front Desk Staff. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We will forward this to our Front Office team for them to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Midway, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

With 3 kids wifi is always a requirement. Signal was too week to reach our suite. Had me on phone with tech support for 20 min and couldn't resolve issue. Looks like something an extra wifi booster could fix. Otherwise it was a great room. Breakfast was very good.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Matthew B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paragould, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Matthew B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's great to hear that you liked our room accommodations and quality of breakfast. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I apologize for the shortcomings you may have experienced with the Wi-Fi connection. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Our quick stay was clean, comfortable and enjoyable. The beds were comfy, the room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent, the egg omelet thing was pretty gross though. The front desk has free bottled water, too, just ask!

The rates were very reasonable, in my opinion. The Mexican restaurant next door was pretty good and had great service, was really nice to be able to walk to dinner.

The rooms are all equipped with a microwave and mini fridge, very helpful when traveling with someone with food allergies.

Room Tip: Our tub was slow to drain, be sure to check that out before unpacking :)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ATM690
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here due to business. I did bring my family. At the last minute I needed an additional adjoining room due to some work I had to do. The staff was incredibly helpful and the breakfast staff in the morning was very service minded and proud of their work. The housekeeping staff was cordial, polite and went above and beyond on genuine and sincere service. This is an average Holiday Inn with an exceptional local hospitality. I'd go back there again due to the staff if in Paragould or elsewhere. Very clean. Ordinary with extraordinary service. Pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013
Bellport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Excellent hot breakfast, which changes items to choose from and has a number of choices. Accommodating and nice
staff. Well maintained and clean rooms. A little high, but also the only nice hotel in town.

• Stayed August 2013
Cabot, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I had to spend the night in Paragould because I was there for business. I was very pleasantly surprised at the Holiday Inn Express. It was an exceptional room with a plush bed, comfortable chair and ottoman, a desk and chair, microwave, refrigerator, and internet access. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was not much to do in Paragould, Arkansas so I was quite happy to hang out in my wonderful room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paragould
0.7 km away
26.5 km away
Comfort Suites Jonesboro
Comfort Suites Jonesboro
#4 of 19 in Jonesboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Paragould? Share your experiences!