“Disgusting!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Paragould
Evansville, Indiana
“Disgusting!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stay in many Choice Hotel properties each year, and this one has to be one of the poorest I have seen. I booked this room online, so I didn't get a good look at the property until I arrived. Yes, it is a old, recylcled Ramada/Holiday Inn.

Upon arriving, I had to wait to until the front desk clerk finished her cigarette outside. It was apparent that the back half of the hotel is used for long term residents. I had to move through a group that was camped out in the doorway, smoking, drinking and eating. The room was advertised as a suite, which technically it was. They apparently took one of the beds out and put up a half wall made of cheap materials. The room was non smoking but smelled of smoke and was extremely musty. Although it was ground level it reminded me of being in an old basement. The lighting was horrible and the furniture felt wet and damp. The bathroom had not been cleaned as there were paper on the floor and hair on the floor. It was apparent by the wall that someone had spent considerable time in here picking their nose and flipping it on the wall. It was literally covered.

A side note, I hadn't planned on swimming, but it was obvious there were a couple of young families using the pool. The posted closing time was 10:00 PM, but as I walked by at 8:40, a rude man was kicking the kids out and chain locking the pool. I asked him about the posted closing time and he just replied that they were closing it now.

It was obvious that this place had no concern for it's guest in any manner, so I grabbed my stuff, demanded a refund and went on down the road.

As I said, I am a loyal Choice Hotel guest, but I will be very leary of Quality Inns if they will allow a property this openly poor to continue with their brand. There is no hiding the fact it is a dump.

This was enough, and I asked for a refund and went on down the road to Hayti, MO.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank johnham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Dirty room; no air conditioning; wasps outside the rear entry door; needs a lot of maintenance work done; just sub-par all the way around.

We stayed two nights and they didn't even clean our room. It was 11 p.m. at night when we got back so we just got towels from the front desk and decided not to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Paragould hotels

missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Normal family staying in town for a wedding. Was told by my local family the place was a recycled Ramada Inn that was dirty and old that is owned by an Indian family. I picked it from the internet because it was $20.00 dollars cheaper than the Holiday inn Express. Huge mistake. When I arrived I could tell right away I made a mistake. No landscaping and the parking lot was full of pot holes and cracks. There was a large section of overhead missing underneath the canopy. It just went down hill from there. I told the lady I wanted to see the inside of the room before we did any paperwork. She then said she would put us in the new remodeled rooms on the 2nd floor. I went in and the room and furnishings were fine. I noticed a lot of lint in the AC vent. I then noticed they had installed a portable window air conditioner for each room. I noticed that they had removed the thermostat control from the room. When was the last time anyone went to a hotel room and you couldn't adjust the heat or air for your room? After paying for the room I discovered the AC did not work in my room. It was 95 degrees outside. The fan blew but was missing the cold air part. Maintence came telling me they were having this problem with all the rooms. He explained the owner was trying the single units instead of replacing the roof AC. There was a bundle of wires running outside of each room for these AC units. They didn't even have the foresight to put the wiring in conduit so it wouldn't be so unsightly. I had to get the clerks personal fan at the desk just so I could sleep without sweating. I was not alone. Every guest I talked to that night had the same problem with the AC. The funniest part of this was the sign out in front of the Hotel and on the highway signs were advertising New Air Conditioning. Also there was no security personnel around. No cameras in the parking lot or inside the halls. In summary the place was a "DIVE" and the franchise of Value Suites needs to pull the signs down until the place it brought up to code. When I was leaving I seen the owner pull up in a newer black Volvo or BMW dressed in a nice suit. He should be in coveralls carrying a tool belt. Stay here at your own risk. Recommend the Holiday Inn Express or the Rustic Inn.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bosnmate007
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

The main floor rooms have no thermostat control. The maintenance man decides how comfortable you are going to be. Not only that, but employees are told not to tell the customers of this or they will get into trouble! We froze in our room. Beside the room being freezing, the place is dirty. The carpets look like they haven't been vacuumed in weeks! The wall paper is peeling off walls and the security latch that you close over the back of the door is made of plastic! How secure is that! And the peephole is jammed up with rolled up cardboard. Don't know if there is even glass there! Stay away from this place. Stay far, far away.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

We stayed 2 nights and the first night we slept with the window open because there was no ac. When I called the desk to report no ac she said that she had an extension cord so I could plug in a box fan that is in the room. Still trying to have a good time we took the grand kids to the pool which passed the quick ph level test even though the pool was very cloudy and full of clorine. But the next day we did have ac, it never did shut off but it did cool. The breakfeast was good and the day time desk help was friendly. Would not stay there again unless there were no other choices. The pictures on the web site look much better than in real life.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Taylor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

All I can say is that there was dried up crusted menstrual blood on the sheets, feces on the walls, greasy fingerprints on ALL surfaces. There was even a hand print in blood on the bed spread. I asked for another room and it was exactly the same, only this time it smelled like death. This is no exaggeration. We took our luggage, demanded a refund, and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank angielovesoliver
washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

Boy! My family and I stayed here and the room was filthy as well as the rest of the hotel, ice machine dirty,front desk biker chick lady was rude while manager hid behind her in her shadow,had to ask the laundry lady which turned out to be the head housekeeping supervisor for directions. WoW this lady cant read and write and she has this position. When we ask a maid why the heat didnt work she told us the owner would not fix it and they dont tell people it dont work before they check in. We noticed that their housekeepers often were also "guests" who stayed after hours in the men who staye dthere rooms! I would never stay here again. Oh their food they prepare in the morning is touched with their bare hands.

Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paragould
4.4 km away
30.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonesboro
31.3 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Jonesboro Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!