See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I visited “Elitsa” hotel before 1 week at Christmas period expected based on my previous visits there that i will find a warm place (the snow was 1 meter deep and the temperature -6 Celsius) to enjoy skiing at the lovely Bansko mountains. I was very disappointed because i found no light outside and inside the hotel (only the necessary) no reception person (i arrived at 8:30 at night) only two men hanging around guarding the place. I asked a room and the guys said ok and showed me 2 rooms to pick up. I noticed that in the rooms was very cold and when i asked why, they answered that there is no central heating because the gas or petrol was very expensive and for heating i have to use only the air condition and wait until the room gets the proper temperature. I imagine myself to come back for a full skiing day frozen to the bone and wait for the air condition warm up the room. After that, i decided to leave the hotel and stay to any other hotel with less money (they asked 75 lev) and more heating... The problem is that the hotel still makes reservations from Internet, So Be Aware all the internet bookers in order not to make mistake and spoil your winter vacations. I hope the owner of this place understand that has a beautiful hotel and it’s a pity to spoil its reputation with bad management moves.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

After a long trip to Balkans we stayed there again August 2011 going back to Greece. We tried to find other hotels for testing reasons but at the mid of summer and with very hot weather at bansko!!!!we failed, because the most of them were closed. So we went to Elitsa and the people there were very friendly and helpful. For me its a hotel that you can trust, with very good price and in the center of the Bansko life.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2010

stayed here for 1 night. payed 30lev. clean, quiet , friendly staff. food was a bit poor and there english was not very good but neithers my bulgarian. big log fires in foyers, free wifi in room.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sleverychops
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Very nice hotel in the center of bansko with spacious rooms.
I stayed in one with slope ceiling and it was very nice.The distance from gondola lift is about 15' on foot and hard to reach it with the ski equipment without car.The facilities for 3star hotel are more than enough and the price pretty good.very helpful staff with some people speaking English.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank AthensTasos
Reviewed February 22, 2008

I booked a week holiday at this hotel which was an effort in itself. When I called directly no-one spoke English. I booked via priceline then by wife became pregnant with twins. She has not been well and I had to cancel. Priceline confirmed the cancelation and forwarded to the hotel - but of course I have heard nothing. The hotel is capable enough to take my £230 however. No e-mail contact address even though their website is in English

USELESS - hope i can claim on my holiday insurance

Stayed: February 2008