1,149 results
All reviewsturkish bathpool and jacuzzidinner buffetvisiting petratwo nightsstar hotelno alcoholbuffet styleyogurtjordanentrancehammamtourprayerjddustsunset
Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you want to be ensured of a great hotel in Petra then stay at Amra Palace Hotel. For a 3 star hotel this hotel provides service that is 5 star! The buffet breakfast had a huge selection and the buffet dinner was great value for 7.7JD. We treated ourselves to their Turkish bath offer which gives you a Turkish bath (steam room, scrub and massage) and unlimited internet access for 13JD and really enjoyed it. Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about Petra and places to visit in the area and they organised for us a great afternoon trip to Little Petra and Shawbak Castle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front with a view of the Petra Mountains
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mnbrowny
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We understood this hotel to be a 3 star, I would say it is more like 3+ or 4 star. The rooms are spacious and the food very good value. Wadi Musa is not great on accommodation or restaurants so we were relieved to find both at the Amra. It is clean and comfortable with a coverd pool and sun deck. A real bonus was the very helpful Aussie recetionist who was able to give us useful advice about visits to Petra, what ticket we should get etc and provide us with refreshing mint tea in the afternoon.

A lovely place

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank spannerSouthport
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed there last week and I have to say that our experience unfortunately had little in common with the reviews of other travelers on this site. (which I used as a guideline to actually choose the hotel for our trip) But let me start by saying that the Front Office staff is very friendly, helpful and welcoming! They certainly made a difference.
The breakfast buffet is indeed suprisingly big and offers quite some variety but not always the freshest products (ie soggy or stale bread).
The hotel is clean, quite an old building tho which is starting to show.
It lacks maintenance in certain areas and as for the mentioned pool and 'spa' area, I personally felt it wasn't very well looked after. Cracks in the floor, broken drainage around the pool area and a lack of cleanliness didn't tempt us at all to relax after a long day out in Petra.
Last but not least I would like to point something out that really upset us.
Please let me first say that I have absolutely nothing against a hotel that decides not to serve alcohol and I would certainly not make my decision on staying in a property based on that fact.
But if I am taken by the wait staff for a fool and despite asking several times if the beer served to me is non-alcoholic (one who knows both can absolutely tell the difference), that really bugs me.
Our suspicion was confirmed the day after by one of the morning staff who told us that they do not serve alcohol in the hotel but won't admit it as it might bring down business.
Again, I don't mind sipping on a non alcoholic beverage but being treated like an idiot is a dealbreaker.
Overall, and to close my review, the hotel is good for one night as the majority of the staff is really friendly and it is not too far from the actual sight - just don't expect too much.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sabine L
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is a great hotel with a friendly feel to it. Rooms are comfortable & a good size. Pool is nice & we had it to ourselves. Terrace is a nice place to relax & it's a short / easy stroll to some restaurants.

It's not one of the closest hotels to Petra, it's probably about 2 kms away, but cheap / easy taxi ride or easy drive with ample free parking at Petra.

The benefit of staying overnight in Petra / Wadi Musa is that you can avoid all the hordes of day trippers & go into Petra at sunrise / sunset. We went in at 6.30am which was perfect, we were the only 3 people for whole length of the siq, we had the place to ourselves for the first few hours & it was much cooler to walk around. So much nicer then the crowds after 11am!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank BJandJ
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I came to Petra in 2011. Stayed in Amra Hotel - this trip I stayed there again - and I still say its fantastic in every sense of the word! Good value for money! Staff was friendly and the room was clean!

Highly recommended for those who doesn't want to burn their pockets but still expect quality.

• Stayed: November 2011