1,154 results
All reviews turkish bath pool and jacuzzi dinner buffet visiting petra two nights star hotel no alcohol buffet style yogurt jordan entrance hammam tour prayer jd dust sunset
Reviewed April 3, 2012

we were greeted by smiling faces when we arrived at the Amra Palace Hotel...it exceeded our expectations for the price we paid for our room, complete with breakfast. it was suggested by the concierge that we visit 'little petra' that evening before dinner, visit petra and enjoy the turkish baths the following day....great advice. the staff was friendly....the room was clean....the buffet had something for everyone....i would recommend this hotel to others...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorrimarie
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My sister and brother in law were visiting us from California and we had planned a trip to Petra. The last time my husband and I stayed closer to Petra, this time a friend suggested we stay at Amra Palace. We were so happy we did. From the lovely greeting by Ahmad and the recommendations to visit Little Petra to the perfect exit directions, we are hooked! The dinner buffet is delicious and a great value, the views are great, I hope they get extra workers for the Turkish bath so more can enjoy this experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 316, great view and nice and spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JenniferAmman_Jordan
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were greeted by one of the warmest welcomes we have ever had, and we do alot of international travel - so this was a real treat!! "Ahmed" made us feel like long lost friends!....We were given a fantastic room 306 , we can't of course compare what the other rooms were like but this was quite a large room, with a large bathroom and the most comfortable bed ever!!!!.....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig and Diane W
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed in Amra Palace for 11 nights after 2 weeks in other regions of Jordan and we could not have made a better choice. Our room (306) was big, very nicely decorated and allways a very clean place to come "home" to, with an extensive view towards the hills around Petra. Meaby we had one of the best rooms in the hotel and we enjoyed it toroughly. The buffet breakfast (included) was very good with really good coffee and tea and after our first eveningbuffet, we concluded that no other restaurant in town could match such a choice for that price and offer at the same time an even attractive surrounding (if the weather is good they set the tables on the big terrace outside and that goes also for breakfast). Of course there are tourgroups passing through but that does not effect the service and efficiency of the staff. They just work again a bit harder while staying as friendly as ever and this is something that we noticed from the Egyptian guy who carries the bags, to the welldressed gentleman who supervises the restaurant to the welcoming receptionstaff. To be honest, our stay in the Amra Palace Hotel in Wadi Musa made our vacation and staying this long gave us the opportunity to enjoy a true feeling of being an honourd guest.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel have views and afternoon and eveningsun and thanks to the double glazing no noise from the mosk.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eagle-eye-leuven
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Could not have felt more welcome than I did at Amra Palace. From the moment we pulled in to the parking lot and the smiling attendant helped me with my bag and then led the way up the staircase in to the warm yellow light of the lobby, I knew I had made a great choice. The lobby was so cozy, filled with the excitment of travelers still abuzz from their day at Petra. The staff was professional, yet genuine and personable at the same time. They truly seemed to enjoy their job. I arrived a bit too late to take advantage of the Turkish Bath ( a very reasonable 13 JD for hotel guests!) but they saw how badly I wanted to do it, and they called and asked the staff to stay a bit later, and they agreed. And the woman who took care of me in the Turkish Bath was so gracious and calm and smiling, it was really heaven! The rooms are simple and clean - flourescent lights which I never like, but that is my only complaint. There were wonderfully cozy robes and slippers in each room. I ordered a delicious bananna yogurt shake which I drank while using the free internet in the lobby (part of the Turkish Bath 13 JD package). Breakfast in the morning was varied and delicious. THe view of Petra from my front facing room was lovely as well. It is a bit far from the Petra entrance, so allow 20 minutes to walk or take a taxi if you do not have a car. I would absolutely stay here again, with pleasure!

Room Tip: Front Facing rooms have views of Petra!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo