1,149 results
All reviewsturkish bathpool and jacuzzidinner buffetvisiting petratwo nightsstar hotelvery nice hotelno alcoholbuffet styleyogurtjordanentrancehammamtourprayerjddust
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very nice hotel in Wadi Musa (15/20 min walking from the entrance to Petra) for a good/fair price. Reception and staff were always friendly and helpful and don't forget to take the Turkish Bath!

It was nice to find a good affordable hotel in Jordan after moving around the whole time.

Breakfast quality was ok, but not the best we had. Some good real bread would have been nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guoshima
Reviewed November 27, 2012

A very welcoming and comfortable hotel; I really enjoyed my 3 night stay at the Amra Palace. It's in a good location to visit Petra, especially if you take advantage of the free shuttle service to the site. I enjoyed the nice buffet meals in the evening and the ambiance of the outside terrace is very pleasant and relaxing. I would definitely consider staying here again if I return to Petra.

Room Tip: Ask for an ouside facing room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kevinmac_11
Reviewed November 25, 2012

In regards to the hotel itself, it was clean and even though I arrived earlier than the checkin time, I only waited 30 minutes before my room was available for me to go to.

Upon arrival, the receptionist on the front desk will tell you everything you need to know in regards to visiting Petra, the Petra shuttle, the Petra by Night tour, etc. The room itself looked a bit dated but overall it was clean.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty good and overall I had a great stay. I did go to the pool once and absolutely loved it. It's an indoor pool and I was the only one who used it during my stay.

Entrance to Petra gate is roughly 1.25 miles away or a good 20-30 minute walk (there's one big hill.) If you want to stay closer to the Petra gate, I'd pick Moevenpick or Petra Guesthouse. Overall though the location of this hotel is central in the downtown area of Wadi Musa. There is a small bodega grocery store within 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel. Overall a great stay and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We originally had booked a very cheap room (16JD/night) at the Mussa Springs Hotel. However, the hotel was unbearably smoky because the staff was chain smoking indoors. So, considering the recommendation of the Lonely Planet, we booked a room at Amra Palace. It was amazing!!! The price wasn't bad (48JD/night for 2 of us), the rooms were extremely comfortable (hot water, climate control, refined like hotels in the US), and were very clean and well decorated. An elaborate, free breakfast buffet was included in the rate as well as free wireless internet (which actually didn't work very well). This was by far our favorite hotel in Jordan; we stayed mostly in cramped budget hotels in Jordan, though did also stay in the Seven Wonders Hotel in Petra (more expensive but not as great a value as Amra). The staff was extremely friendly, but hey ... so was everyone in Jordan.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had three single females just staying one night and Amra Palace accommodated. Since we were only there to sleep (too much to see and do at Petra to spend time in hotel!) it was sufficient. The room was not fancy, but was clean and for the price, a great value. Breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends