Movenpick Resort Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
US$244
US$121
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

Petra Guest house Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
Rocky Mountain Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
US$30
Petra Sella Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
US$56
US$49
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

Petra Marriott Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
US$123
US$113
  • Pool
US$95
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

La Maison Hotel Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
US$46
US$43
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

Al Rashid Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
US$32
Little Petra Bedouin Camp(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
US$55
1,795 results
All reviewsrooftop poolno alcoholfamily roomdinner buffetdry hotelexcellent locationminute walkafter a long dayticket officevisitor centerwadi rummini barstayed nightsbreakfast was includedtriple roomancient citycomfortable rooms
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Nice small family owned boutique hotel, not fancy, but clean and functional. Decent breakfast and dinner buffet. Friendly staff. Perfect location to Petra. Highly recommend as base for exploring Petra.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank brcrl
Reviewed January 10, 2018

The main draw of this hotel is it's proximity to the entrance to Petra. You are literally around the corner from the visitor center and nothing beats arriving a the Petra Treasury first thing without a crowd.

The hotel is fine - a bit dated, but I found that was the case with most of the hotels in the middle east, but the room and bathrooms were clean and breakfast was quite tasty. Pretty much everything you need for a visit to Petra.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank dlam626
Reviewed January 9, 2018

This hotel has everything you would need as a solo traveler: clean, spacious rooms; adequate bathrooms; good dining; and most importantly only steps away from the entrance to Petra Visitor Center and site entrance!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank milesc82
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Per the Tour company Brochure and website, we were to stay 2 nights at Movenpick Hotel in Petra. However, 2 weeks prior to the trip, we received an email from the Tour company informing us that the hotel in Petra will change to Petra Moon Hotel, which is supposed to be equal or better than Movenpick. We did not find this to be the case. Rather, when we returned home, we found that Petra Moon is rated 3.5 Stars vs. Movenpick’s 5 Star rating on Hotels.com. The hotels.com reviews for Petra Moon (7.4) were also lower than Movenpick’s (8.4). Petra Moon is a roadside motel.
The one good thing about Petra Moon is its close proximity to the Visitor Center for Petra Ruins. Everything else about our experience with Petra Moon was forgettable to horrendous.
The overall state of the hotel is tired and dated. The lobby is cramped with room for about 10 standing and 8 sitting patrons.
We were assigned to Room 110, which faces the street and was noisy at all times. Our room had a putrid smell that greeted us upon opening the door. On further inspection, we found that the odor was a result of a tiny bathroom that lacks adequate ventilation and cleanliness. I could barely get into the bathroom without squeezing myself between the door and the toilet (I’m a petite 5’2” and 115 lbs). The hotel put a restriction on the shower with very slow flow of water. There was a bathtub, but no bath plug. They also removed the handle to turn on the water for the tub. We found mold under the rubber mat in the bathtub. The hotel informed us that we can not take a bath. It would have been nice to be able to soak our feet in warm water after a day hiking in Petra.
The first morning I went down to breakfast, and asked for an omelet at the egg station. I asked for 2 eggs, but was told that I can only have 1 egg. I explained to the staff member that I would like 2 eggs because my husband and I will share 1 omelet, but he said no (using his hands). Then he told me that my husband will have to order his own omelet, which he did. We requested tomatoes and cheese for our omelets, but we were each given one egg without any filling. OUR REQUESTS WERE DELIBERATELY IGNORED BY THE EGG COOKER.
Two minutes later, another guest went, and was given a 3-egg omelet with all the condiments. Seeing this, my husband asked to speak to someone who can speak English. My husband told the dining lead of the incident. The manager advised my husband to go back to our table, and said he would get a new omelet for us. Per his word, we received another omelet.
My husband mentioned the incident to our tour manager that evening, and the tour manager promised my husband that he will talk to hotel management. The next morning, we were approached by a manager and the egg cooker. The hotel manager asked the egg cooker to apologize to my husband. In their apology, both the manager and the egg cooker gave the excuse that they “thought you and your wife were Chinese”. Bottom line - we were treated with disdain because we look Asian, and they thought we were Chinese. ***THIS IS RACIAL DISCRIMINATION***

If you are Asian/Chinese better stay away from Petra Moon Motel.

Room Tip: The overall state of the hotel is tired and dated.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank splarp
SamirNwa, Owner at Petra Moon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear Guest

Following your post on Trip Advisor today, we had already been made aware of your views following your stay at the hotel. Your tour operator had passed your comments to us and we had replied, and hope that they passed our reply to you.

We understand that originally your tour was booked to stay at the Movenpick Nabatean on the outskirts of Petra and this has a 4 star rating , as does Petra Moon Hotel. This rating indicates to us and to our guests that we are not a budget motel.

We take the comfort of our guests very seriously and are sorry that you had problems with your room and, in particular the bathroom. In instances like this, we always do our utmost to move the guests to another room or rectify the problems if we are made aware of a guest’s concerns.
We do regular maintenance and refurbishment of the hotel and are used to dealing with a large number of guests at any one time and feel that our public spaces and reception area offer guests sufficient space to relax.

All rooms in the hotel are soundproofed with double glazed windows to keep outside noise levels to a minimum.

With regard to your comments concerning breakfast I have spoken to the staff and I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your breakfast request. On the day in question, the Manager was not in the Hotel and the matter was handled by Reception. Following our investigation into your complaint a member of staff is no longer employed and everyone has been made aware of the conduct we expect from our employees.

All of our staff receive regular training to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay and we expect everyone employed at Petra Moon Hotel to treat all guests equally and with respect.

After we were made aware of your comments we have, as a gesture of goodwill, made a full refund of your stay at Petra Moon Hotel.

If you wish to make any further comments, please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel when I will reply to your thoughts.

We re iterate that we treat all of our guests, who come from all parts of the globe, with courtesy, on an equal basis and with the aim of offering them a comfortable stay in our family owned and run Hotel

Best Wishes
Samir

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Location 4/5: in comparison to the Movenpick, this is also close to the visitors centre but a further 45s up the hill. If you've been hiking up and down the Monastery then this extra 45s you will feel.
Price 5/5: considering its location this is value for money in comparison to the Movenpick.
Food 4/5: the food is sufficient, yes I saw too many hotdogs in my 4 night stay but everything else is fine.
Service 5/5: really nice and friendly staff members. Was travelling with my nephew and the chef was more than happy to make him pancakes at his will.
Room 4/5: traveled with family and the two rooms (no door) is separated by a wall so the kids and parents area so you can see each other lying on the bed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family