Petra Guest house Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$85
Petra Marriott Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$108
US$99
  • Pool
Petra Sella Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
US$54
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

La Maison Hotel Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
US$46
US$44
Agoda.com
Rocky Mountain Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$78
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Little Petra Bedouin Camp(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$55
Hotels.com
Petra Gate Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$29
US$25
Movenpick Resort Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$139
US$115
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

1,785 results
All reviewsrooftop poolno alcoholdinner buffetfamily roomdry hotelminute walkexcellent locationafter a long dayticket officevisitor centerwadi rummini barstayed nightsbreakfast was includedtriple roomancient citycomfortable rooms
Reviewed January 20, 2018

In Nabataean Arabic, Petra (the ruins, not the modern-day city) was originally known as Raqmu, and in standard Arabic, Al-Batrӑ. This site lay at the confluence of trade routes, and the Nabataeans had harnessed a vital resource: water.

Petra Moon Hotel sits atop a hill overlooking the Petra historic site entrance. Room 104 on the second floor is spacious, clean, and modern, though not much of a view. Registration and restaurant wait staff are exceptionally courteous and helpful. (Alcohol is not served at this hotel, but is at the neighboring hotel.) The breakfast buffet is phenomenal, and evening meals are sumptuous. Hotels in America can learn much from this location. There is a rooftop pool, but I didn’t consider that with rather cold evening temperatures. There are many accoutrements for discerning guests, spectacular service a main attraction.

In December, nights were quite cool, but I walked to touristy shops along the main street. I never felt uncomfortable in the darker areas, even though I was alone. Shop keepers never were pushy, and many told me where I could find items I sought, if they did not have them. I would have enjoyed visiting here for several days, but the Overseas Adventure Travel tour group allowed only a 2-night stay. Petra Moon is TripAdvisor reviewer rating #2 of 41 area hotels, but in my opinion should be #1. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: upper floor rooms facing the entrance to Petra Historic Site
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank DeanMurphy2020
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Nice small family owned boutique hotel, not fancy, but clean and functional. Decent breakfast and dinner buffet. Friendly staff. Perfect location to Petra. Highly recommend as base for exploring Petra.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank brcrl
Reviewed January 10, 2018

The main draw of this hotel is it's proximity to the entrance to Petra. You are literally around the corner from the visitor center and nothing beats arriving a the Petra Treasury first thing without a crowd.

The hotel is fine - a bit dated, but I found that was the case with most of the hotels in the middle east, but the room and bathrooms were clean and breakfast was quite tasty. Pretty much everything you need for a visit to Petra.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank dlam626
Reviewed January 9, 2018

This hotel has everything you would need as a solo traveler: clean, spacious rooms; adequate bathrooms; good dining; and most importantly only steps away from the entrance to Petra Visitor Center and site entrance!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank milesc82
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Per the Tour company Brochure and website, we were to stay 2 nights at Movenpick Hotel in Petra. However, 2 weeks prior to the trip, we received an email from the Tour company informing us that the hotel in Petra will change to Petra Moon Hotel, which is supposed to be equal or better than Movenpick. We did not find this to be the case. Rather, when we returned home, we found that Petra Moon is rated 3.5 Stars vs. Movenpick’s 5 Star rating on Hotels.com. The hotels.com reviews for Petra Moon (7.4) were also lower than Movenpick’s (8.4). Petra Moon is a roadside motel.
The one good thing about Petra Moon is its close proximity to the Visitor Center for Petra Ruins. Everything else about our experience with Petra Moon was forgettable to horrendous.
The overall state of the hotel is tired and dated. The lobby is cramped with room for about 10 standing and 8 sitting patrons.
We were assigned to Room 110, which faces the street and was noisy at all times. Our room had a putrid smell that greeted us upon opening the door. On further inspection, we found that the odor was a result of a tiny bathroom that lacks adequate ventilation and cleanliness. I could barely get into the bathroom without squeezing myself between the door and the toilet (I’m a petite 5’2” and 115 lbs). The hotel put a restriction on the shower with very slow flow of water. There was a bathtub, but no bath plug. They also removed the handle to turn on the water for the tub. We found mold under the rubber mat in the bathtub. The hotel informed us that we can not take a bath. It would have been nice to be able to soak our feet in warm water after a day hiking in Petra.
The first morning I went down to breakfast, and asked for an omelet at the egg station. I asked for 2 eggs, but was told that I can only have 1 egg. I explained to the staff member that I would like 2 eggs because my husband and I will share 1 omelet, but he said no (using his hands). Then he told me that my husband will have to order his own omelet, which he did. We requested tomatoes and cheese for our omelets, but we were each given one egg without any filling. OUR REQUESTS WERE DELIBERATELY IGNORED BY THE EGG COOKER.
Two minutes later, another guest went, and was given a 3-egg omelet with all the condiments. Seeing this, my husband asked to speak to someone who can speak English. My husband told the dining lead of the incident. The manager advised my husband to go back to our table, and said he would get a new omelet for us. Per his word, we received another omelet.
My husband mentioned the incident to our tour manager that evening, and the tour manager promised my husband that he will talk to hotel management. The next morning, we were approached by a manager and the egg cooker. The hotel manager asked the egg cooker to apologize to my husband. In their apology, both the manager and the egg cooker gave the excuse that they “thought you and your wife were Chinese”. Bottom line - we were treated with disdain because we look Asian, and they thought we were Chinese. ***THIS IS RACIAL DISCRIMINATION***

If you are Asian/Chinese better stay away from Petra Moon Motel.

Room Tip: The overall state of the hotel is tired and dated.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank splarp
SamirNwa, Owner at Petra Moon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear Guest

Following your post on Trip Advisor today, we had already been made aware of your views following your stay at the hotel. Your tour operator had passed your comments to us and we had replied, and hope that they passed our reply to you.

We understand that originally your tour was booked to stay at the Movenpick Nabatean on the outskirts of Petra and this has a 4 star rating , as does Petra Moon Hotel. This rating indicates to us and to our guests that we are not a budget motel.

We take the comfort of our guests very seriously and are sorry that you had problems with your room and, in particular the bathroom. In instances like this, we always do our utmost to move the guests to another room or rectify the problems if we are made aware of a guest’s concerns.
We do regular maintenance and refurbishment of the hotel and are used to dealing with a large number of guests at any one time and feel that our public spaces and reception area offer guests sufficient space to relax.

All rooms in the hotel are soundproofed with double glazed windows to keep outside noise levels to a minimum.

With regard to your comments concerning breakfast I have spoken to the staff and I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your breakfast request. On the day in question, the Manager was not in the Hotel and the matter was handled by Reception. Following our investigation into your complaint a member of staff is no longer employed and everyone has been made aware of the conduct we expect from our employees.

All of our staff receive regular training to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay and we expect everyone employed at Petra Moon Hotel to treat all guests equally and with respect.

After we were made aware of your comments we have, as a gesture of goodwill, made a full refund of your stay at Petra Moon Hotel.

If you wish to make any further comments, please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel when I will reply to your thoughts.

We re iterate that we treat all of our guests, who come from all parts of the globe, with courtesy, on an equal basis and with the aim of offering them a comfortable stay in our family owned and run Hotel

Best Wishes