“Ribs and gin”

The Station Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Hoveton
Description: handmade burgers | smoked meats galore | mega steaks | po boys...all cooked over our live fire in the heart of the Norfolk Broads
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Great service,great atmosphere. Beautiful gin (they had my favourite the Victoria rhubarb which not most places have). Now I am a massive rib lover and so is my partner. I was going to choose the whole rack of St. Louis ribs and asked the waiter for his opinion, he advised me that he could only just finish a half stack himself. So I had the half stack and boy was he right! Best ribs I've ever tasted and so much meat on them. My partner had a dish of the specials which was a "flank" steak, which is known not to be the best part, but his comments were "to die for" "amazing" and "cooked to perfection". We finished with a New York cheesecake and a malteaser cheesecake both amazing and we left with our jeans bursting at the zip! Will definitely be re visiting when we come back to Norfolk

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Visited the restaurant on a Saturday lunchtime during the snow and it was pretty busy. We were looked after by the staff and the whole place had a nice atmosphere. Food was good especially the halloumi chips as a starter. Good portions are served that kept a couple of big lads happy! Overall a god experience for £25 with a couple of drinks.

2  Thank ruggerbugger68
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Went for afternoon lunch with the family. Table booked for 1400hrs.

Very very slow on general service. Over 40min before our food order was taken and we didn't leave until gone 1630hrs as a result of the slow service! Also wasn't impressed with the size of the drinks - bottles of cider were only 330ml.

Food was tasty and staff relatively friendly however.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Spent a few days in Wroxham 3 weeks ago for a fishing break. Decided t peat out on our last night and found this place right on the platform at Wroxham train station! Phoned up to book a table but no chance, a Thurs evening and fully booked in Feb! We were told they do a takeaway service so we ordered over the phone and by collecting it yourself (take a insulated bag with you) they give you 10% discount! Think American style food, ribs, burgers etc.....omg never had food like it! My son went for the half rack of ribs and they were the biggest fall off the bone I have ever seen! If you visit Wroxham it’s a must!

1  Thank triplets
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Some people may not know that this restaurant also does a take away service. We tried it out ready for a family reunion end of May. Ordering was a dream, and when we arrived to collect our food...we were met by friendly owner and explained to us that a new take away menu would be ready in 2 weeks......We got the food home, first thoughts were great size portions guarantee no one would go hungry. The taste was out of this world, and the meat succulent. cost was very reasonable considering the amount of food we got.

Would definitely recommend the restaurant it is the old waiting room of the station so its set up with like train seat. Definitely a great place even for take away.

1  Thank RowanMcEvoy

Been to The Station Smokehouse? Share your experiences!