Lowest prices for your stay
US$674
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-08-11
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$674
Orbitz.com
All reviews outdoor bath place to stay dinner japan town
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Good hotel !!
I and my wife enjoyed an amazing view “Matsushima islands” - one of three breathtaking sceneries in Japan - from our room. At hot spring big bath of the highest floor we totally relax by the good scenery of island sea.
Dinner and breakfast are offered at the buffet restaurant. Good seafoods, roast beef, Japanese first food ‘Onigiri (rounded rise)’, Tofu and many other delicious dishes...
We ate everything we like.
Besides the hotel, there is a crystal museum of Maestro Fujiya. We find many Japanese taste articles made by glass - black&gold or light blue vases, small equipment for tea ceremony and other ornaments. I like them very much and stayed long time with my wife.
It is a very good stay for us.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2019

The girl I initially interacted with prior to my check-in time could seemingly speak no english (my problem as the traveler, not theirs) but we managed to get our bags checked so we could explore town. When we got back later to actually check in the guy at the front desk was much friendlier but also didn't have much of a command of english. From there I was blown away. Our room was fantastic, our view was beautiful, both onsen were spectacular, the free drinks in the evening were great, and overall we just felt comfortable and happy to have spent a night in Matsushima. Weirdly, everyone else we spoke to at the hotel had excellent command of english. Not sure why the front desk didn't, maybe because it's the off season or was just a coincidence. The breakfast buffet was massive and offered many options. About a 1km walk into town and to the station but not bad. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2019

We arrived by rented car at around 12 p.m. and were met with emptiness. The young woman behind the front desk was singularly unfriendly, which we are not at all used to from Japanese hotels. She told us that we would have to wait until 3 p.m. to check in. OK. Then we asked for help with our luggage. The answer was that customers had to take care of their own luggage. I am not talking about a 2 star hotel in a seedy part of town. I am talking about a hotel I paid yen 60'000 per night for a single room.
The carpet in the lobby was in a catastrophic condition, full of spots and in an ugly design.
Things could only get better, and they did. The room was charming with a beautiful view of the garden and Matsushima Bay. It was clean and well presented.
Dinner from a buffet with many variations was excellent, the service here also above complaint. We had dinner and breakfast here twice and were impressed with the freshness of the food and the way it was prepared. The wide choice of possibilities was also a good experience.
I recommend this hotel because of the view and the food. I hope the hotel puts in new carpets in the lobby and tries to find a way to be friendlier to guests checking in early.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Alissila
Reviewed December 18, 2018

It is a quit big hotel. A bit aside of the center. Finally I loved the atmosphere. Even it's a bit more for older people. Try not to eat too late. The close restaurant very early. They are not speaking very well English or any other language. But that is not a problem. I enjoyed the stay very much. You will enjoy it. It is very quit.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Not far from sightseeings. Good onsen. Rooms are comfortable even if furniture are a bit outdated.
Food for both dinner and breakfast is tasty, very a large choice. (But Breakfast finishing too early).
Overall this is good place for a weekend

Date of stay: December 2018