“Best Ramen”
Review of Baikoken Honten

Baikoken Honten
Ranked #4 of 2,183 Restaurants in Asahikawa
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

So delicious ramen in town. Can't finish even half size. Worth to stop by. Sure u won't disappointed.

Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

Visited the place during my brief stop at Asahikawa on our way back to Sapporo. The place is 10 minutes away from the station at the basement level of a building.

The place is fairly small, only few tables.

I tried butter ramen with corn and believe me the ramen was so delicious that i finished the big portion in minutes.

They gave free water and the price is reasonable.

Will be back when i visit Asahikawa.

They have branch in Singapore if im not mistaken

Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

Delicious ramen! First time I had pork slices left over. There was so much meat. Such a good meal, we went here twice. Friendly & accommodating staff. Located downstairs on the corner.

Reviewed January 11, 2017

Stopped in here on a cold winter's day with a friend and her two children and they had high chairs for the kids. We ordered the salty butter ramen and the miso vegetable ramen. It was amazing. I'm from the US, so maybe it's not surprising that it was the best ramen I've ever had. Reasonable price: less than 1000Y each. There are so many other places I should try while I'm in town, but I really just want to go back there.
It's a little hard to find being downstairs in the basement of the building, but the store next door told us how to get there. It is a very simple atmosphere with the kitchen taking up most of the space in this small underground one room establishment and the bathroom is not "western".

Reviewed October 1, 2016

Visited the restaurant in early October this year. The ramen is really famous and the oldest one in Asahikawa. I tried the salty based soup with pork ramen and the salty flavor really beated my palate, in a good way. It's quite different from traditional ramen soup that we had usually in big city. The noodles is properly cooked and matched with the soup. The flavor was not too heavy for me. Overall I think it deserved it's reputation and deserved a try for visitors who travel to Asahikawa.