“Top choice”
Review of Baikoken Honten

Baikoken Honten
Ranked #5 of 1,760 Restaurants in Asahikawa
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Two blocks from the station along the pedestrian mall and a flight of stairs to the basement sits this Ramen joint.

I had the Salted Ramen, a big bowl, half filled with many thick slices of Japanese roast pork! Yummy! And it was so filling for the "light" ramen lunch that I was seeking for!
Displayed on the walls insided this place are so many Japanese (and a few English) acknowledgements and signatures...with most probably vouching for the quality of the ramen here. Another sign of its popularity is the long queue I encountered even though it was close to 2pm when I got here.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

So delicious ramen in town. Can't finish even half size. Worth to stop by. Sure u won't disappointed.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Visited the place during my brief stop at Asahikawa on our way back to Sapporo. The place is 10 minutes away from the station at the basement level of a building.

The place is fairly small, only few tables.

I tried butter ramen with corn and believe me the ramen was so delicious that i finished the big portion in minutes.

They gave free water and the price is reasonable.

Will be back when i visit Asahikawa.

They have branch in Singapore if im not mistaken

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Delicious ramen! First time I had pork slices left over. There was so much meat. Such a good meal, we went here twice. Friendly & accommodating staff. Located downstairs on the corner.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Stopped in here on a cold winter's day with a friend and her two children and they had high chairs for the kids. We ordered the salty butter ramen and the miso vegetable ramen. It was amazing. I'm from the US, so maybe it's not surprising that it was the best ramen I've ever had. Reasonable price: less than 1000Y each. There are so many other places I should try while I'm in town, but I really just want to go back there.
It's a little hard to find being downstairs in the basement of the building, but the store next door told us how to get there. It is a very simple atmosphere with the kitchen taking up most of the space in this small underground one room establishment and the bathroom is not "western".