“Excellent grilled chicken”

Grilled Chicken Ginneko
Ranked #10 of 2,177 Restaurants in Asahikawa
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 29, 2017

Ginneko is located in the Fraleet Alley, a small enclave of restaurants lining a traditional looking street in Asahikawa. The restaurant specialty is yakitori including shinkoyaki or grilled young chicken with either salt or tare soy sauce. The wait staff are friendly and helpful and there is an English menu. Highlights include pork tongue, various chicken yakitori including tsukune, tail, gizzard and liver. The food comes out fast and the atmosphere is convivial and fun.

Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

When I entered the place was packed but people shuffled across to make room for me at the counter. I sat directly across the Master who never stopped grilling. He spoke some English and introduced every order as he placed them in front of me. I ordered the set, seven different types of chicken and pork skewers. My favourite was the chicken skin and pork tongue. I also had the house sake which was a nice compliment to my meal.

The place is friendly and they made an effort to accomodate me. Even the customers had a chat with me and I thoroughly enjoyed my evening. This is a Izakaya restaurant with yummy food, friendly locals and exceptional service. Duck in here if you are in Ashaikawa and you will leave with a content smile.

Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

Showed up at 730 pm and was refused service even though there were empty seats at the counter and an empty table. After reading the reviews on TA about how friendly they were towards tourists and had an English menu available, this came as a rude shock!

Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

Ordered the grilled young chicken, pork loin and chicken skin. All were fantastic. Beautifully and patiently grilled with great service. English menu available.

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

I will recommend this place to everyone who wants to eat grate food and enjoy the Japanese atmosphere.