“Rooms are awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Searcy
“Rooms are awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Just looking in the room made it worth looking for the Best Western in the area! The beds are the most beautiful and comfortable I have ever seen!

Room Tip: Ask for discount! They are always helpful and give me the best deal they can!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMJean, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Searcy Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Hello. As the GM, I just wanted to say thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your room!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

The level of service I recieved from the entire hotel staff was excellent. These people are friendly and professional. I was made to feel at home right from the start. My room was perfectly clean and comfortable. I travel a lot so a good nights sleep is very important. The beds here are great. Also, the breakfast was delicious. One of the best I have found in hotels. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the review. I am happy to hear that you were extremely satisfied with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Littleton, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

I stayed at the Best Western while on a trip to drop my daughter off at Harding (is there any other reason to be in Searcy?), and the BW was my first choice. The room was clean, the service was satisfactory, and the location is convenient. I have two dings on the hotel - the hot breakfast included scrambled eggs which were very, very dry, and the air conditioner was rather loud. I always travel with ear plugs, so although the AC didn't keep me up, I would have preferred sleeping without the ear plugs.

On another note, all of the fitness equipment worked for me. This is a very important point when I travel - I hate seeing that there is a fitness center and then find all the machines broken. The machines were fairly low end, but satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Ozona, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2009

This used to be the best hotel in town but the quality has really fallen off in the last year. They don't keep things up to date like other Expresses and it's really showing its age, and besides the equipment in the exercise facility is always broken. They used to have very friendly employees who would go out of their way to help you out but now most of the staff come off as rude and incompetent. There was hardly anybody in the hotel at Christmastime but it was nearly impossible to get anybody to respond to my problems. The ladies at the front desk are always on their cell phones and act like any problem you have with your room is your problem and not theirs. And also it's impossible to talk to a manager if you have a problem because they avoid you or else they really were not there after Christmas for several days. Also it's not a good value for the high price. You can get a room for $30 or $40 less at the Rodeway down the street and they offer everything the same. They say they're building a new up to date Holiday Inn in the town but if it has the same employees and managers it's not worth it, especially if the prices are the same. They already told me the prices would be higher though because it's a new motel, but I won't be staying there because of the poor service. Save your money and go to the Rodeway or Super Eight.

• Liked — Decent Breakfast
  • Disliked — Bad service, overpriced
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
I just wanted to reply to this comment to let everyone know that in October of 2009, our property was completely remodeled and we invite anyone to come see our beautiful rooms.
MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

I stay at Holiday Inns almost every trip that I make. I arrived to the hotel around 4:30pm. When I arrived the lady at the front desk was very rude. She acted like her conversation on her cellphone was more important than showing me any service. Also,
she we obviously sick, coughing very loudly almost right in my face. When I finally recieved my keys and went to my room my first impression was that housekeeping had cleaned the room very well. On further inspection of the room I found mold around the air unit under the window and stains all over the carpet in the room and hallways.

• Liked — The hot breakfast and friendly housekeeping.
  • Disliked — Rude front desk and mold in the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
GMJean, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Searcy Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Let me introduce myself, I am jean Gerbine the GM at Best Western Searcy Inn. We are the former HIE (our owners have built a new one), We were remodled in 2009 with beautiful new rooms. We have a Hot delux breakfast that will get your day off right. Not to mention the friendless, helpfull staff in town. I do hope you will stop by to stay with us again. I think your experance will be a delight. We look forward to seeing you,

Jean Gerbine GM
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

I am very rarely disappointed by Holiday Inn Express properties. This one was no exception. The staff here are great and the rooms are quite nice also. As with virtually every Hol-Inn-Exp. they do a nice breakfast. It's a little on the expensive side compared to others in this chain & other motels in the area. Overall though I would recommend this motel.

• Liked — The Staff Are Great
  • Disliked — The Price
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Corpus Christi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2006

Holiday Inn Express in Searcy, AR was an excellent overnight stop. This location offers the upscale bedding with new mattresses (oh so comfy), duvets, choice of firm or soft pillows. The shower was wonderful and my only regret was that this was just a stopover.....I could have stayed longer! The staff was very courteous and the location is excellent. The value for the price exceeded our expectations, and we would definitely revisit this location again.

• Liked — Cleanliness and Comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple