All reviews no alcohol holy lake the upper floors dressing room breakfast and dinner heritage property sunset cafe sunset point lake view great room stayed here for one night market lakeside rooftop camel bazaar
Reviewed January 11, 2017

In a nutshell: 2,200 rupees for four people, for lunch, seemed steep, especially for the standard of food, which was very average.
The restaurant was empty and the service was odd, in that barely a word was spoken.
Plates were cleared before everyone had finished eating and the bill was overly eagerly presented – suddenly, where there had been one waiter, there were now four. Perhaps we misunderstood the tipping protocol.
The rooftop offers a terrific view of the sacred lake, but the restaurant is nothing to write home about, certainly based on our experience.
Having said all this, the place is in an amazing setting.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2017

The internet was seriously bad and at no time could i ever connect by computer. I wasn't the only guest wandering around the reception area trying to get a connection and once you got one you would be lucky for it to last more than 10 minutes before it disappeared. When I complained I was told to carry my computer down 2 floors and try it there.
This is unacceptable in a hotel of this price but my main complaint was the breakfast and the food in general. Cold coffee, toast made over an hour ago, a mountain of cornflakes that had gone stale, pastry that seem to be more than a day old...I could go on. If I complained then I could get fresh coffee and toast but I shouldn't have to complain when I am paying so much for the hotel. The guy who seemed to be in charge of breakfast just didn't seem to care and was quite happy to churn out the same cr** every morning and only responded once you complained. The only person there that was helpful was the young manager and the guy who seemed to be his 2nd in command, (not the night manager, he was surly and unhelpful.
This is the first time that I have given a hotel a poor review, check my other reviews and you will see for yourself.
I cannot for the life of me understand why lonely planet are still recommending this hotel. Small cafe's and street stalls in town had better wi fi and the young boys selling street food were better cooks.

Room tip: I would choose the higher floors because the noise starts from around 630 am and continues until quite late
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with family on 23 December 2016.
It's a very quite stay and fabulous experience.
Amenities provided are superb.
View of pushkar lake from gallery.
Food was awesome.
Nice place to stay in pushkar

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2017

Spacious room, very spacious bathrooms with all modern amenities including bathtub. However, spread of food is limited, and dining area was far off ...though maybe it is due to some renovation work going on.
Staff are not friendly or cordial. Food is expensive, bottled water is rooms also chargeable.
No nonveg, no alcoholic drinks.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

This is probably the best hotel in Pushkar but that's not saying anything. The bones of the hotel are good and the rooms are comfortable and quaint BUT, the wifi is awful, the t.v. doesn't work and the showers will either scald you at freeze you. The reception staff have no idea what they are doing, are disinterested and rude. Also don't waste your time with a massage. Despite other reviews, I actually thought the food was good. The whole town is vegetarian and alcohol free so this could come as a surprise to some. It's a nice town and as I said, the bones of the hotel are good. Just don't expect to be dazzled.

Trip type: Travelled with family