All reviewsno alcoholthe upper floorsdressing roomholy lakeheritage propertysunset pointsunset cafelake viewgreat roomstayed here for one nightbrahma templebalconymarketlakesiderooftopcamel
Reviewed January 28, 2017

The description is slightly misleading. I did not know what to expect but was looking forward to a different experience. However, upon arrival, we felt that this was a highly commercial place and although it is directly next to the lake but there is no access. The rooms are strange as there is a bygone era charm but things are shabby and uncomfortable. The best thing about the hotel is the corridor on the third floor that gives you a panoramic view of the lake. The restaurant is average - note that it is a vegan hotel. We were happy to leave early the following day. There were dogs barking all night.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2017

The hotel is far from being impressive. Rooms are very basic and the bathroom is a disaster. The shower curtain is on one side of the bath tub and water gets all over the place. Lights are very weak in the room. I am sure one can find a better accomodation in Pushkar. Internet connection is very weak and very limited.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

I went there in September for meditating and peaceful time luckily we selected pushkar palace ...one of the best decision ever made ...staff were great and really helpful ...hygienic food and the view from hotel was worth every penny ...you can actually view GHAT Aarti from your room's balcony...i love everything about this hotel.. i am planning to go again for that beautiful morning view from balcony ..splendid

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2017

In a nutshell: 2,200 rupees for four people, for lunch, seemed steep, especially for the standard of food, which was very average.
The restaurant was empty and the service was odd, in that barely a word was spoken.
Plates were cleared before everyone had finished eating and the bill was overly eagerly presented – suddenly, where there had been one waiter, there were now four. Perhaps we misunderstood the tipping protocol.
The rooftop offers a terrific view of the sacred lake, but the restaurant is nothing to write home about, certainly based on our experience.
Having said all this, the place is in an amazing setting.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2017

The internet was seriously bad and at no time could i ever connect by computer. I wasn't the only guest wandering around the reception area trying to get a connection and once you got one you would be lucky for it to last more than 10 minutes before it disappeared. When I complained I was told to carry my computer down 2 floors and try it there.
This is unacceptable in a hotel of this price but my main complaint was the breakfast and the food in general. Cold coffee, toast made over an hour ago, a mountain of cornflakes that had gone stale, pastry that seem to be more than a day old...I could go on. If I complained then I could get fresh coffee and toast but I shouldn't have to complain when I am paying so much for the hotel. The guy who seemed to be in charge of breakfast just didn't seem to care and was quite happy to churn out the same cr** every morning and only responded once you complained. The only person there that was helpful was the young manager and the guy who seemed to be his 2nd in command, (not the night manager, he was surly and unhelpful.
This is the first time that I have given a hotel a poor review, check my other reviews and you will see for yourself.
I cannot for the life of me understand why lonely planet are still recommending this hotel. Small cafe's and street stalls in town had better wi fi and the young boys selling street food were better cooks.

Room Tip: I would choose the higher floors because the noise starts from around 630 am and continues until quite late
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo