All reviewsmango tearooftop restauranthot waterkormathe ownerbus stationguest housetwo nightsrooms are cleanthe hustle and bustleyogabalconyguesthouseindialassilakefair
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

This guesthouse was a nice place to stay in Pushkar. A very clean bathroom which is a rare find! We had hot water and good water pressure. A friendly family runs it however like others have said they are very pushy about eating at their restaurant. We did the first day and the food was a lot more expensive than anywhere else in Pushkar and then when we checked out and paid for the food there was another expensive service charge on top. We were overcharged as well for the lunch but didn't realise this until later so partly our fault. The food was nothing special, I would not recommend it.

The free yoga classes each morning on the roof top was an enjoyable experience.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey T
Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

White House, Milkman and Rising Star are all within 50m of one another. We arrived and checked them all out, White House definitely being the best. After 2 nights here, we can 100% say that it was a good decision.

We are staying in a double room on the 3rd floor for 650rp per night. The room and bathroom are clean and there is hot water, all we really need! There are AC rooms available, but we were here in December and it's really not needed.

Be sure to have the coffee upstairs - it's great!

As the oldest hotel in Pushkar, the family running the hostel are very friendly and super helpful.

There is a 10pm curfew, but the town quietens down much before that so it is not an issue at all.

We really enjoyed our stay here and would do so again!

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank MeganA1732
Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with family for four nights. The rooms have a serious ventilation problem, my father had to request a different room because the mould in his was so bad. The owner Kapil moved him to a larger room with a balcony that cost an extra 250rs per night.
He spent one night in that room but it didn't seem fair to have to pay the extra purely because the first room had a mould issue, when this issue was raised, only THEN did Kapil tell him that there was another room that didn't cost extra that he could stay in.

My room had clear cellotape covering all the outside windows so the ventilation was poor but I dealt with it.
There was an issue with the toilet not flushing properly so I suggest management fix that.

Generally speaking the rooms were very basic, kind of run down. The beds were very hard and I had to find my own blanket because all that was offered was empty duvet covers.

The rooftop restaurant area was really lovely, with a really nice hammock and cushions. I thought the neighbours were playing really loud music every night before I realised that it was the owner playing it from the rooftop. I would suggest that you consider your guests before doing this next time.

In terms of the family who run the place, they were nice however EXTREMELY pushy about using them for various services. Every day we were pressured to eat at their rooftop, which made us feel really uncomfortable because the prices were outrageous compared to local restaurants in the area.
We did have one meal and it was nice, but heavily salted and I would say not worth the price.

I also had some henna done by one of the young girls who lives there. I was charged 350rs for one side of my wrist/hand. I don't know what happened by the colour came out very pale and faded, and it didn't look very neat. I brought this up when paying for it and managed to knock 100rs off the price but I think it's better to go elsewhere.

I had a massage done as well by Deepak. It cost 800rs for 1 hr and was good but I only had my neck, back and shoulders done at my request.
I had a massage at the ayurvedic government hospital for 450rs for 1 hr, I would recommend going there considering the price. Deepak was nice but I think for a woman, it's nice to have a female masseuse.

On one of our last days, we asked about camel rides and were quoted something absurd like 600rs per hour. We ended up enquiring at the hotel across the lane way and they offered rides for 200rs per hour so for the price of one hour, we had a 3 hr camel ride.

It was things like this, where Kapil and his family were pressuring us to use their services but then over charging us by heaps that made me feel really uncomfortable and disinclined to stay again.

Another example was laundry. We had taken some laundry to a place out on the street. Then the next day we went to take some more and the mother in the hotel pushed us to use her service. It took over 24 hours to get it back and then the next day, when had more and went to our original laundry, they said that the family from the hotel had dropped our washing from the day before off to them. So really, they weren't even doing the washing themselves, but were being pushy about us using them (and probably taking commission or charging more to the laundry people).

The only real positive I have about this place is the rooftop area and the location in general. It's close enough to everything in town but also set back a little bit so it's not too noisy at night.

But considering how pushy the family was, I would stay across the lane way instead. I had a look at their rooms and they're much nicer and reasonably priced comparatively.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany S
Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

For the budget price this hotel is beautiful-indeed all white, with lovely wall murals and great rooftop chill-out space where you also eat. Room and bathroom was spacious and clean with hot-water, and good wifi everywhere. The food is good though slightly over-priced, but food service is very slow and you often need to wait a while before someone is ready to take your order because the hotel is under-staffed. However it is nice that it is family run: the mother and son Kapil are efficient, helpful, speak good English and Kapil is very sweet. His brother who sometimes works as a chef is not so friendly though. They will also all be slightly pushy about promoting the restaurant and other services. Not very quiet at night due to noise from the street, so ear-plugs are a must! All in all though it was very nice to be able to retreat here from the hustle and bustle of Pushkar.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Stéphane G, Manager at Hotel White House, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

dear lily
thanks for saying "haven" to this small guest house .
your most well come in your home in pushkar always .
we are looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2016

The White House is not a guest house. Is a family home. Since your arrival you feel the family welcomes you not to a business but to a home. Kapil (one of the brothers) runs the rooms and treats you like family, and Hemand (the other brother) runs the kitchen in a great fashion sharing. However one night we had a great surprise. Hemand was away so the father of both cooked for us. We offered some help and we all ended cooking and sharing a great time with him. Unforgetable. After a few days in this great place, Kapil walked us to the bus station and waved goodbye to us under the rain while the bus was leaving. The White House has a special place in our hearts and we will return there anytime.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucho H

dear Lucho H
thanks for saying ""A home away from home"" to this small guest house it is your home.
your most well come in your home in pushkar always and come some time with your family.
we are looking forward to see you soon.
kapil