All reviewsgreat viewcooked breakfaststayed here for one nightoverlooking the harbourfantastic breakfastmade us feel at homesmoked salmonexcellent value for moneyensuitevillagelochscotlandtvviewshallwayhoststorage
Reviewed August 16, 2017

We stayed here for one night only during the NC 500. It was very acceptable, the hosts were very kind and friendly and made a good breakfast in the morning. The room we were in had an amazing view of the mountains. The place is a little dated but that's the only bad thing to say about it really.

Room Tip: Get the top left corner one for a good view!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2017

Very basic accommodation with no ensuite bathroom but reflected by the price. Shower and toilet just outside the bedroom door on the landing. The shower floor was extremely slippery and small cubicle. Toilet was loose!. Decor a bit dated however the view from the bedroom window was beautiful looking out over the Loch and there were deer in the bracken just outside the window. View from the dining room was great looking out over the harbour. Breakfast was OK, nothing amazing but quite edible. Smelt a bit musty in the house. Plenty of car parking space. OK for a one night stop but beds a bit uncomfortable so wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2017

My wife and I (and dog) stayed at the Rose Guest House in Lochinver for two nights while touring the north west and north coast of Scotland. The room was small but had masses of storage - and a magnificent view over the harbour/loch. The view was even better from the dining area - a full panoramic, widescreen, jaw-dropping, get rid of the T.V. type view that made breakfast an experience. To add to the atmosphere, deer could be seen just below our bedroom window on both mornings.
We did have our own personal separate shower/toilet. This involved a three second walk from our room and caused us no problems whatsoever.
Parking at the Rose Guest House was excellent.
Lochinver is an very good centre for exploring an amazing area of Scotland. We decided to spend our full day driving down to Achiltibuie, and then Old Dornie harbour, having pre-booked a dog-friendly boat trip to the Summer Isles.
As a postscript, the Tourist Information Office in Lochinver was very helpful.

Room Tip: Try to have a harbour/loch view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2017

Lodging in June in Scotland is not easy to come by, so I was happy to find anything for our party of 5. Rooms are basic. We had two toilets and a shower in the hallway shared among 3 bedrooms. The shower was hot and roomy. The decor is very sparse - nothing to brag about, but good enough for a one night stopover. There is a dining room that guests can use for a public gathering space, which we did.

Breakfast was hot and fast. Nothing unusually good or bad. The smoked salmon tasted different from other regions, but was still good.

Internet is horrible- like the rest of the Highlands.

We did have a wobble. I have been taking care of the money for the group and had put aside exact cash for each place after the first one had a hard time making change. I wanted to pay when we first got there to avoid a morning rush. Ed said to wait for check out, so I did. Guillermette (sp?) first asked for too little, then she said she forgot to add one room. Then she asked me for more, which meant I had to dig into another stash of money to make up the difference. I had already packed my stuff, so I didn't check it until later. When I asked her about it, she said her accounts balanced, so it was my error. Since it was cash and there was no receipt, it is an issue of whose recollection is correct. As it's a difference of 50 GBP, it matters. As it's cash and I wasn't given a receipt, that money is just gone. Moral of the story is, get a receipt. Don't pay in cash, and avoid doing business at the height of breakfast check out.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

We booked this as the previous booking changed hands. Pretty basic. Room had a great view. Seperate wc and shower across landing. Breakfast...Well cooked breakfast had burnt bits and omelette was same and not hot. Grateful we had a bed for night. However walls thin so could over here conversations.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple