See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 16, 2016 via mobile

It was the dirtiest motel I had ever stayed at. Unclean, filthy, unfriendly. No hot water. Way over priced for the condition. Was 104.00. I slept for 2 hours in the chair and left. Could not sleep in bed, very very uncomfortable.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank L D
Reviewed January 21, 2016

It was Consumer Electronics Week in Vegas, which I wasn't attending, which meant I couldn't use my Harrah's points for a free room. The Paris Hotel wanted $350 for a Thursday night. Worse, Stateline's Whisky Pete's wanted $130 and I was just to Baker at 11:00. I decided to stay in the only open hotel in Baker, Wills Fargo Motel, which doesn't even have a sign on it anywhere. The owner asked, do you have a dog and do you smoke...............3 times. NO you saw me in my car, no dog, no smoke. The $65 room was clean and had tile floors (dog friendly?). Weirdest part was the owner walked around and around the pool and parking lot quite often. I was out of there by 7:00 a.m. after an uneventful night. Straight through Vegas to St. George, which is a wonderful city full of family activities and just plain beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank justajulie
Reviewed October 28, 2015 via mobile

Yes, unless you want to travel further this is it. But, it is a clean environment, rooms are clean. I actually liked having only one picture in the wall, it blends into wall barely visible. Our room therefore was actually very quieting, non crowding. Slept very well. Took a dip in pool. Water clean, very refreshing. Owner had some coffee and Danish for us in the morning. Yes, I would stay again, even though a bit pricey, but then all is in this region of CA.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvonne P
Reviewed October 3, 2015

After reading some of the reviews, we were a bit trepidatious pulling into the parking lot after a long day. It was the only show in town and we didn't want to drive on to Barstow. The manager had a sense of humor. After clearing that we were non smokers and had no pets, he told us we qualified. He asked if we wanted the Senior Discount. Sure! For about $69 we had a clean room with fairly quiet A/C, good shower pressure, fluffy towels, two comfy queen beds, and a microwave. It was not a flat screen TV but worked. I liked having a sink next to the microwave and an extra sink in the bathroom. In the morning he had coffee and pastries waiting at 7am. There were a few rust spots about in the bathroom on pipes and the courtyard could use some upgrading, but it looks like he has been working hard to fix the place up. The pool looked clean and inviting, but we were too tired to try it out. So, fear not, get a good night's sleep at the Wills Fargo.

Room Tip: We staying in Room 24. Next to the linen room. No noise issues even though the motel seemed 1/2 full on a Monday night.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kathryn76
Reviewed August 15, 2015

I arrived at 1:00 AM with my 14 year old son after leaving Ketchum ID at 10:30 AM, Wednesday August 12th/13th 2015. I took my kid on a tour of downtown Las Vegas on the way just for kicks. We also stopped at the Moapa Piute Travel center before LV and lit off some fireworks, another interesting experience.
Back to the hotel. I'm sure I could have found something on the outskirts of LV, but we pressed on to Baker. By 1:00 AM I was ready to crash, I was exhausted . The pleasant gal at the desk quoted $65 plus tax. I tried to chisel her down, but she stood firm and explained this was the rate for a single bed, and we would be getting double beds.
I gladly forked over the $69 and change. It looked like there were maybe 4 or 5 other rooms rented. She gave us room 33, and explained it was quiet and on the end close to the main drag. When we entered the AC was on and the room was a comfortable temp considering it was 97 degrees outside,at 1 AM. The sheets were clean and the queen beds were comfortable. I laid down and was sure glad I got the room as the next stop was Barstow, some 40 (?) miles further on our trip to Orange County. The room and grounds are very rough around the edges and in various stages of dis-repair, but overall I was satisfied. I'm a cheapskate and by no means a hotel snob.
Be sure and pick up a Wills Fargo postcard at the front desk, which pictures the motel surrounded by lush grounds and Joshua Trees, which were nowhere to be found.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family