“Basic Amenities Well Covered- Stayed a week”
Review of Wills Fargo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baker
Wills Fargo Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baker
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Stayed a week with family (four of us) in Room 29. Room was simple, but clean and quite adequate as home base for our desert exploration trip. Coffee and danish available every morning. Internet service was a bit spotty though usable, but okay by me as we were there to disconnect anyways. One note would be that their is not a laundry room and the laundry mat just out of town was closed so take enough clothes for your trip

Room Tip: We were close to road though with windows closed didn't notice traffic
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ksp455

Reviewed 1 April 2016

The only place to stay in the neighborhood! But, a nice trip back to 1955 !
Standard ok......atmosphere 5 !
Service was great......WIFI, worked....if you sat outside the hut whrere the owners lived.
Breakfast....... ok, if u like a danish and a bad coffe.

Room Tip: WIFE...but not in the rooms..
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lasse B
Reviewed 21 March 2016

I am prompted to write this review as a response to another review which I believe was incorrect and unfair. We reserved by phone after being unable to find anyplace available following a very long day trip to Death Valley. The room was clean, the towels were clean and fresh, the king size bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, the TV worked fine, there was soap and shampoo in the bathroom, the bathroom, toilet, sink and shower were clean. Tile repairs had been made in the shower which were not aesthetically too pretty but ther shower was fully functional
It's not fair to call an aged and somewhat tired accommodation as "filthy" .
As to the hot water, there was HOT water, you just have to let it run for about 3-4 minutes probably because the heater is located far from the room.
The hosts were courteous and accommodating.
Would this motel have been my first choice? No., But taking in consideration that it was available when others were booked, that it was well located, multiple restaurants within 2-300 feet, priced fairly, it was fine in a pinch. A fair comparison demands that you compare it to other accommodations charging a similar price at the same location.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JCDJETPILOT
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Pretty sure nothing has been updated since 1980, besides maybe the TV, which was replaced in 1990. There is no internet.

It's OK for one night if you really have to, but for what you get it's grossly overprice ($60/night).

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Jean C
Reviewed 19 February 2016

A very basic motel but it was clean and the owners are helpful and friendly and to be honest if you want a bed for the night in Baker, there's not a lot of choice! I didn't mind the place but I wouldn't want to stay there more than a night or two.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bronwen G
Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

It was the dirtiest motel I had ever stayed at. Unclean, filthy, unfriendly. No hot water. Way over priced for the condition. Was 104.00. I slept for 2 hours in the chair and left. Could not sleep in bed, very very uncomfortable.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank L D
Reviewed 21 January 2016

It was Consumer Electronics Week in Vegas, which I wasn't attending, which meant I couldn't use my Harrah's points for a free room. The Paris Hotel wanted $350 for a Thursday night. Worse, Stateline's Whisky Pete's wanted $130 and I was just to Baker at 11:00. I decided to stay in the only open hotel in Baker, Wills Fargo Motel, which doesn't even have a sign on it anywhere. The owner asked, do you have a dog and do you smoke...............3 times. NO you saw me in my car, no dog, no smoke. The $65 room was clean and had tile floors (dog friendly?). Weirdest part was the owner walked around and around the pool and parking lot quite often. I was out of there by 7:00 a.m. after an uneventful night. Straight through Vegas to St. George, which is a wonderful city full of family activities and just plain beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank justajulie

Been to Wills Fargo Motel? Share your experiences!