See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

This evening I stopped at the Wills Fargo Motel for a room. It appeared as if I was the only guest, and the hotel rooms had little outside lighting. A room, with only coffee available in the morning, was $80. The dog fee was $50. I thought that was far to much, both for what the $80 gave the guest, but also the $50 pet deposit. I was very disappointed, and I have stayed in countless hotels. This is my first negative comment ever.

I went the extra 50 miles to Barstow and am staying at a nice hotel for $80, a full breakfast included, and a $10 pet deposit. It's worth the extra drive for better quality and better economy.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Robert R
Reviewed October 16, 2016

After driving for hours with nothing for miles we were so glad to see this motel.Very basic but fresh & clean with lovely comfortable bed.Good wifi & a selection of places to eat all around a small area.Reasonably priced & it even has a pool.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 18Marion
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

On our way home to San Diego from Utah. No places available in Las Vegas probably because of Labor Day weekend so stopped at Baker and a room was available. It was average, clean but needed maintenance such as replacement of worn fixtures.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank levartmore
Reviewed July 20, 2016

We were aiming for Barstow, but traffic was horrible- 2.5 hrs to travel 40 miles- it was late and at this rate we wouldn't reach Barstow until 2 in the morning (that's what happens when you leave LV late on a sunday night- don't do it, just don't do it.) So, desparately hoping we would find a hotel in Baker and that it wouldn't be sold out yet, (no internet access in that barren desert so had no way of knowing), we followed the traffic into Baker.

It is a small and uninviting town. We knew this. I wanted a clean room with a good bed with clean sheets, but I would take what ever we could find. Thankfully the only lodging in town had available rooms, thankfully the room was clean and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. Air conditioning was on keeping us cool in the 100+ degree heat. We slept well. They charge more than they should for the type of hotel and room you get, but when you are the only hotel for 100 miles around you can do that. The pool looked very inviting and I might have given it a try if we'd had more time.

It worked out time wise for us on the way back as well and we decided it was good enough and we stayed a second time. First night we had a king bed room #7, Second night we had two beds in room #26. This one included a fridge and microwave, and a bathtub....yahoo :-)

The coffee and doughnuts must have been a short time experiment. We got nothing. They had coca cola for sale. Interaction with the guy at the desk was functional. Wifi was available and worked fine.

Would I recommend this place? No. But if you find yourselves in Baker in the middle of the night this hotel will do.

Room Tip: If you want fridge and microwave be sure to ask, not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kbecjeans
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

First not much choice of motels in baker. Looks like their all out of business except here. First motel run by a nice couple.motel is old and needs some refreshing. Rooms are clean without much decor. This is a fair budget motel in the middle of many restaurants

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo