See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

No water pressure. No shade on the lamp. Stains on the comforter. Crumbling paint in the bathroom. Worst dump i have stayed in. Now called the Santa Fe. Ugh. Wish we had spent the money to stay in a Casino.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Stacey M
Reviewed March 17, 2017

The *only* reason to stay here is if like me, you had business in Baker that was going to keep you overnight and didn't want to drive :40 minutes each way to a nicer and cheaper motel.

The new owners have raised the already high (for the area) rates.
The new tile looks nice, but exacerbates the noise in the already loud area, replacing the single-pane windows would have been a big help in the noise department but so far the remodel is all about looks: new fence and tile.
Some paint in the right places would have helped out.
The WIFI was spotty, grindingly slow or pretty OK from hour to hour.
The room was clean at least and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank robh1003
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

The manager knew the room had no hot water but rented it to us anyway. This morning i couldn't shave or take a bath. The manager told me to run the water for 10 minutes. It didn't work, still No hot water. Then she told me to try another room. No hot water there. When we asked for a partial reimbursement the manager refused. I asked her to call the owner, she talked to him, but he wouldn't talk to me. In years of staying in motels all over the USA, this is the first time ever, I've not had hot water. And this room cost us $70. If even one person reading this review, doesn't stop here, I won't feel quite so bad.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jim N
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

The only option for miles around, it's expensive for what you get, but it's better than sleeping in the car, and actually better than it has to be. The building has good bones and it's clean, quiet and safe, no weird smells. The couple running the front desk told us it had just been sold to the Alien Jerky guy next door, and when we stayed they were already working on improvements. Expect some changes, and tell us how it goes.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ArizonaSweetpea
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

This evening I stopped at the Wills Fargo Motel for a room. It appeared as if I was the only guest, and the hotel rooms had little outside lighting. A room, with only coffee available in the morning, was $80. The dog fee was $50. I thought that was far to much, both for what the $80 gave the guest, but also the $50 pet deposit. I was very disappointed, and I have stayed in countless hotels. This is my first negative comment ever.

I went the extra 50 miles to Barstow and am staying at a nice hotel for $80, a full breakfast included, and a $10 pet deposit. It's worth the extra drive for better quality and better economy.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo