“Rip Off, Dirty, no worth being only place in Baker!!!”
Review of Wills Fargo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baker
Wills Fargo Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baker
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I stayed here and it was not worth the $89.00 a night. The new management is ripping you off and taking advantage since its the only hotel in Baker. The Internet was terrible, the service horrible, Rooms dirty, and lots of noise. And the hot water not there, only luke warm at best, and it took 6 minutes of running and wasting good desert water to get that temperature of luke warm. The older management was better, and did not charge an arm and a leg for room of those types.

The management would not refund or discount when the front desk attendant called......they would not even talk to me.

DO NOT STAY HERE, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DRIVE SOUTH TO BARSTOW, CA....OR NORTH TO PRIMM, NEVADA AT STATELINESS. AT LEAST YOU WILL BE TREATED WITHG RESPECT OR LIKE A CUSTOMER.

Room Tip: None, dont stay here
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 1soundman

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

No water pressure. No shade on the lamp. Stains on the comforter. Crumbling paint in the bathroom. Worst dump i have stayed in. Now called the Santa Fe. Ugh. Wish we had spent the money to stay in a Casino.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Stacey M
Reviewed 17 March 2017

The *only* reason to stay here is if like me, you had business in Baker that was going to keep you overnight and didn't want to drive :40 minutes each way to a nicer and cheaper motel.

The new owners have raised the already high (for the area) rates.
The new tile looks nice, but exacerbates the noise in the already loud area, replacing the single-pane windows would have been a big help in the noise department but so far the remodel is all about looks: new fence and tile.
Some paint in the right places would have helped out.
The WIFI was spotty, grindingly slow or pretty OK from hour to hour.
The room was clean at least and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank robh1003
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

The manager knew the room had no hot water but rented it to us anyway. This morning i couldn't shave or take a bath. The manager told me to run the water for 10 minutes. It didn't work, still No hot water. Then she told me to try another room. No hot water there. When we asked for a partial reimbursement the manager refused. I asked her to call the owner, she talked to him, but he wouldn't talk to me. In years of staying in motels all over the USA, this is the first time ever, I've not had hot water. And this room cost us $70. If even one person reading this review, doesn't stop here, I won't feel quite so bad.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jim N
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

The only option for miles around, it's expensive for what you get, but it's better than sleeping in the car, and actually better than it has to be. The building has good bones and it's clean, quiet and safe, no weird smells. The couple running the front desk told us it had just been sold to the Alien Jerky guy next door, and when we stayed they were already working on improvements. Expect some changes, and tell us how it goes.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ArizonaSweetpea
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

This evening I stopped at the Wills Fargo Motel for a room. It appeared as if I was the only guest, and the hotel rooms had little outside lighting. A room, with only coffee available in the morning, was $80. The dog fee was $50. I thought that was far to much, both for what the $80 gave the guest, but also the $50 pet deposit. I was very disappointed, and I have stayed in countless hotels. This is my first negative comment ever.

I went the extra 50 miles to Barstow and am staying at a nice hotel for $80, a full breakfast included, and a $10 pet deposit. It's worth the extra drive for better quality and better economy.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 16 October 2016

After driving for hours with nothing for miles we were so glad to see this motel.Very basic but fresh & clean with lovely comfortable bed.Good wifi & a selection of places to eat all around a small area.Reasonably priced & it even has a pool.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 18Marion

Been to Wills Fargo Motel? Share your experiences!