See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 27, 2017

We've stayed at the Wills Fargo several times because we like exploring the Mojave desert and it's the only hotel close to it. In the past, it has been a fugly place to stay, like most of the other reviews indicate. The old owners told me the furniture and TVs in the rooms are old because people steal anything that isn't nailed down. Things are changing. It has a new owner and a new name: the Santa Fe hotel. I went by there last week and there were workmen on the roof, and the awnings looked new. Next time you're in Baker, at least give a room a look. It's still the only hotel in town, at least until the UFO Hotel opens.

Room Tip: They used to have vertical blinds that don't give total privacy. Hopefully that has changed. The further from the road, the quieter it is.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Drew G
Reviewed March 22, 2017

I stayed here and it was not worth the $89.00 a night. The new management is ripping you off and taking advantage since its the only hotel in Baker. The Internet was terrible, the service horrible, Rooms dirty, and lots of noise. And the hot water not there, only luke warm at best, and it took 6 minutes of running and wasting good desert water to get that temperature of luke warm. The older management was better, and did not charge an arm and a leg for room of those types.

The management would not refund or discount when the front desk attendant called......they would not even talk to me.

DO NOT STAY HERE, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DRIVE SOUTH TO BARSTOW, CA....OR NORTH TO PRIMM, NEVADA AT STATELINESS. AT LEAST YOU WILL BE TREATED WITHG RESPECT OR LIKE A CUSTOMER.

Room Tip: None, dont stay here
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 1soundman
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

No water pressure. No shade on the lamp. Stains on the comforter. Crumbling paint in the bathroom. Worst dump i have stayed in. Now called the Santa Fe. Ugh. Wish we had spent the money to stay in a Casino.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Stacey M
Reviewed March 17, 2017

The *only* reason to stay here is if like me, you had business in Baker that was going to keep you overnight and didn't want to drive :40 minutes each way to a nicer and cheaper motel.

The new owners have raised the already high (for the area) rates.
The new tile looks nice, but exacerbates the noise in the already loud area, replacing the single-pane windows would have been a big help in the noise department but so far the remodel is all about looks: new fence and tile.
Some paint in the right places would have helped out.
The WIFI was spotty, grindingly slow or pretty OK from hour to hour.
The room was clean at least and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank robh1003
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

The manager knew the room had no hot water but rented it to us anyway. This morning i couldn't shave or take a bath. The manager told me to run the water for 10 minutes. It didn't work, still No hot water. Then she told me to try another room. No hot water there. When we asked for a partial reimbursement the manager refused. I asked her to call the owner, she talked to him, but he wouldn't talk to me. In years of staying in motels all over the USA, this is the first time ever, I've not had hot water. And this room cost us $70. If even one person reading this review, doesn't stop here, I won't feel quite so bad.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple