“Amazing food!”

Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 933 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving the best Prime Rib, Steaks and Seafood in town. Full Bar with a great wine list. Happy Hour Mon-Fri 2pm-6pm. Outdoor patio seating and Banquet room seating up to 80 people.
Reviewed May 13, 2018

I was in Bakersfield for a few days for work. Hungry Hunter was across the street from my hotel, so my boss and I went there for dinner our first night. It was amazing! My steak was cooked to perfection, I loved the salad being made at the table and the staff was so friendly! We went to dinner there every night we were in town!

I would definitely recommend Hungry Hunter to anyone that is in Bakersfield. Unless you have a completely different experience than I, you won't be disappointed!

Rose C, Manager at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

I am so honored to know that we've earned your recommendation, Kevin. From that perfectly cooked steak to the attentive service -- I can't wait to share your very kind words with our staff. Thanks for everything. We all hope to welcome you back again soon to do it all over again!

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Met with a group of friends for lunch! The lunch menu contains everything from salads to steaks. I chose the Cob Salad, that was perfectly arranged and large enough to be a meal! Very good. 5 stars! Yes!

Rose C, Manager at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

I am so excited to know what a perfect treat your Cobb Salad was, Pam, and thanks for the kind words. Here's hoping we get to have you back again soon for more! -Rose Crowell, Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Alone in Bakersfield on business, I strained to find suitable lunch and dinner. In desperation I defaulted to a steak and beef place. What a pleasant surprise! The prime rib was outstanding, really prime. The sides were unexpectedly good—potatoes gratin, choice of salad, steamed broccoli. There was an extensive wine selection. I had a very nice Malbec which went well with the prime rib. Service too was nice. I would go back when my system can handle prime rib again.

I'm thrilled that we could provide you with such a lovely meal, and thanks for these very nice words. Seeing that everything paired so well together means a lot, and I can't wait to welcome you with another five-star meal the next time you're in Bakersfield!

All the best,

Reviewed April 19, 2018

Came here for a business dinner. Excellent happy hour and bar service that led into a fantastic dinner. Attentive servers and amazing prime rib. You cannot go wrong on the early dinner menu. Would come back for sure. Best restaurant in town.

Rose C, Manager at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Thank you so much! I am truly honored to have you consider us to be the best restaurant in town, and I can't wait to pass these very kind words along to everyone else here. I really appreciate all of your kind words, and here's to hopefully seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

The are famous for their prime rib and it is well deserved fame. It melts in your mouth. The waiter was congenial, informative and attentive. Atmosphere was nice with an industrial flare. Excellent place to eat.

Rose C, Manager at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thank you so much, Catherine! This really means a lot, and I truly hope that are able to have you back again soon for more!