“Good room in a convienient location for travelers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Arizona
“Good room in a convienient location for travelers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We chose this place for the location near the highway in the North side of town because we wanted to be past the traffic for starting out the next day. Our stay was reasonably priced and the room was pretty good. We also noticed the smell outside the hotel, but I think it is the area and not the hotel. We didn't notice it in the room, although the shower water was a bit musty. The staff was efficient, but not exactly enthusiastic. They did the job with politeness though, so I didn't mind. Breakfast was pretty good as hotel breakfasts go. It was in the place next door, but the food was warm enough and got us on our way quickly. All in all a pretty good place. We will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rbgrcatraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it for anyone else.

Good:
- Clean room
- Comfortable bed
- Nice looking
- Price
- Staff

Bad:
- Location is a bit far from downtown but driveable.
- As someone else had mentioned there was a bit of a weird smell, but I did not notice it in the room.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have mobility issues. Facing inwards if you are concerned about traffic noise (a...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank shazam10
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stopped in Bakersfield on my way back from Oregon. I was impressed by the affordability and quality. It was by far the best place I stayed during my trip and one of the least expensive. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The free breakfast is in the restaurant next door, not in the lobby like other hotels. The breakfast itself includes both hot and cold items and is very good. The property is isolated in an industrial area and there is nothing near it. But, don't let that stop you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Bakersfield area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JAK3629
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Our room faced an interior courtyard and the swimming pool. It was delightfully quiet and better than having a room facing the parking lot with the risk of someone's headlights awakening us. It was a super hot (104 degrees) day on our arrival and the pool was refreshingly cool. Room was clean and had some upgrades (e.g., granite in bathroom). Can't comment on the cost because we used reward points for the room.
The only restaurant within walking distance was next door and we understand that the hotel recently took it over. Food was good (bar-type fare) but staff must be new because there seemed to be some confusion, e.g. our appetizer arrived with our dinner. The restaurant is where guests go for the free breakfast which was yummy. Hot (eggs, bacon, biscuits 'n gravy) and cold (cereal, yogurt, pastries) breakfast items were offered. If you are driving on Hwy 99, it is located near it but without the traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CalBMWRider
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We are on a motorcycle road trip. So when I was told we could park the bike in front of the office, for 24 hour observation, this was a big plus, so I didn't mind the third floor room facing the court yard, not the parking lot.....they lied. Not that this is all that unusual. But, this time, I figured I would make it known. When we got there it was oh no you can't park there. They said I cold park on the side walk, but there was no way I could get a 1000 lb bike up the small handicap ramp in front of the door. They did juggle things around to get me another 3rd floor room so I could, at least, see the bike.

There were some other, smaller, issues. The clock and remote did not work. The exhaust fan in the shower is more of a toy than a effective piece of equipment. The fan filter doesn't look like it has ever been changed. Still it is an ok place to spend the night. Would I stay here again? Nope, they lied to me. I will not pay for dishonesty.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Carterville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

The room with tax was $75.59 for 2 queen beds. The room was clean, quiet, and the beds were comfortable. The outside was manicured and looked nice. The continental breakfast was good. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingBirdsWeAre
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

This place needs some wprk. The pool area was old and run down and the pool was cloudy, not a good sign. We were just passing thru so for one night it was ok

• Stayed July 2011