“Luigi’s”

Luigi's Restaurant & Delicatessen
Ranked #6 of 891 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

One of the oldest deli and Italian food places in Bakersfield! Family owned. It has been a favorite place for deli sandwiches for at least 35 years we have lived here! A must to visit! And have lunch !!

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Every meal I've eaten here is always outstanding. Saturday steak sandwich is truly the best I've ever had. Being from New York I've had some wonderful Italian food. Bakersfield has it's own little piece of Italy at Luigi's. The staff treats you like family the minute you walk in the door. It's a good idea to call several days ahead to get your name on the list. This place fills up fast.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

All-around amazing food. I'd recommend the steak, pasta with red sauce, Monica's salad and Get ready to wait, because there is always a long wait. But so worth it.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Fun lunch! Do not go if you are in a hurry because it is PACKED! Very good food and experienced servers. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Hidden in East Bakersfield near all the famous Basque restaurants is a gem of an Italian restaurant. From its decor and lines of people waiting to get in, it is obviously a well known and popular place to eat. I've been in town for 30 years and never experienced the place. No longer. This will always be on my list of places to send people to go. Food was great. Service was attentive considering how busy they were. Food recommendations by our server were right on! Plan on arriving early, Parking can be a challenge. And you may have to wait for a table. But it is all worth it! My pastrami sandwich was simply out of this world, and my business associate's prime rib looked perfect. I will return soon!