All reviews pre wrapped front desk full kitchen ice maker room was clean parking lot coffee pot internet connection other hotels continental breakfast dishwasher esa tv freeway gym storage laptop
Reviewed June 19, 2018

The room is nice no complaints there. The hallway stinks, I mentioned this to the front desk and she agreed with me stating she has tried to take care of the smell but with no luck.
I was here for 2 weeks, my company requires me to find a hotel that includes breakfast, unfortunately I didn't realize that their idea of a continental breakfast was granola bars or pre-wrapped muffins. One day of that may be ok, but not 2 weeks.
The hotel does allow dogs, so that was my reason for choosing this location.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Owen S
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Thank you for choosing our pet-friendly hotel. Although you liked our well-equipped room, we are sorry for the cleanliness issue you experienced and that our front desk was unable to resolve it to your satisfaction. Your feedback has been shared with our housekeeping team to be more diligent with their efforts. Also, your concerns with regards to our grab-and-go breakfast have been shared with our Brand Leaders so they have knowledge of our guests' desires and assists them in determining new future offerings.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Extended Stay was a clean and comfy hotel room that served it's purpose for our overnight trip to Bakersfield. The room was spacious, everything was clean and staff was friendly. They do not offer continental breakfast as was stated on Expedia, that was the only issue we had.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Amanda, thank you for your overnight stay at Extended Stay America. It is a pleasure knowing you liked your clean and spacious room and that you had a comfortable stay. However, we are sorry you were unhappy with our breakfast offerings and please know our website clearly states about grab-and-go breakfast. We hope to welcome you and your family back when in the area.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

This place is very nice. All upgraded features. I'm staying in a studio and am very picky about cleanliness. It's immaculate. It is very quiet here on the 4th floor. I travel a lot and expect some distant noise but this place is above average regarding the noise level. For those who don't travel a lot I recommend a white noise machine to drown out the noises that can't be helped when staying in a hotel. The kitchen is equipped with a stove, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. The front desk has kitchen supplies if needed. The area is safe and there is plenty of parking. My last hotel's parking was all taken up by about 8 pm so I was not able to go out later than that or I would have to park off property and being a single women it's not fun to walk around in an unknown area after dark. The price is reasonable and they will try to work with you if your staying for a longer period of time. Oh, the fridge has an ice make which has been a life saver for me. I have been in the hotel for a week and will be staying for 2 months so my review is solid. There are a lot of feral cats that hang out in the parking lot and I see a few homeless people. It doesn't mean the area is not safe. I see a lot of homeless everywhere I think it's a Bakersfield problem. The internet connection is solid with a good signal which is rare. The TV is good sized and had a lot of available channels including showtime. I have checked prices all around Bakersfield and you will not find a better price for what you get here. It is far nicer than the 4 hotels I have stayed at here in town. It is close to everything including freeways. I highly recommend the Extended Stay on Chester Lane in Bakersfield.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Sydney, thank you for the glowing review of Extended Stay America and taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled to know you are having a great time with us and appreciate you for recommending our hotel. It is a pleasure having you as our guest. Please enjoy the rest of your stay.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

Have use Extended Stay America properties in the past with good results; not so on this one. The room wasn't adequate for a one night stay, let alone an extended one. No coffee maker, no luggage racks, light switches didn't function, no breakfast available. This room was bare bones; it was clean, however, and the bed afforded good rest. Won't be back.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Donald, thanks for being our guest. Although you liked the comfort of your bed, we are sorry for the issue you experienced and regret the inconvenience caused. Your comments in regard to breakfast offerings have been shared with the Brand Leaders to assist them when determining new offerings for future implementation. Thanks again, and we hope to welcome you back for enjoying a much better visit.

Reviewed January 30, 2018

This hotel is the best. My only quam is I can't get a locked in rate like other hotels I have stayed at. I travel from Sacramento to Bakersfield weekly and need a hotel for 3 to 5 nights at a time. Other chains take guaranteed a set rate. Maybe work on that

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Laura, thank you for staying at Extended Stay America and for the feedback. We are delighted to read you had a comfortable stay and that we met and exceeded all of your expectations. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back soon.