“Amazing Pastrami Sandwich”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 19, 2018

Every time we visit this restaurant, we have a great meal. This time, we tried the pastrami sandwich. The pastrami was sliced thin, and accompanied with cheese, pickle and mayonnaise. At the end of the meal, I told the waitress that the sandwich was the best pastrami I have ever tasted. The sandwich came with a dipping juice that enhanced the flavor of the sandwich.

My companion and I split the sandwich. It was a large serving for two small eaters. At about $12, it is an excellent value.
The number one rating of this restaurant is well deserved.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Recommended to us by friends and we go back every time we visit Bakersfield. Great food. The cinnamon roll was amazing. Staff is friendly and helpful. Plan to wait because this place is popular but the wait is worth it.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

24th Street Cafe is amazing - unassuming from the outside, but with wonderful food, large portions, warm service, and wickedly good pecan butter with the pumpkin pancakes. The hash browns were the best I've ever had, and I like my breakfasts. I would certainly come here again, and would potentially make a detour to do so.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband loves to eat breakfast here. He loves the specialty pancakes. I ordered a heart healthy breakfast. This cafe has been in Bakersfield for many years.

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

This downtown breakfast joint serves classic breakfast items, including terrific biscuits and gravy. Making good country breakfast gravy is an art form all to itself, and this cafe has a great rendition. Highly recommended for an excellent breakfast.

1  Thank mikesesq